Labor Watch Thread

I had regular, moderate contractions every 5-6mins for hoouuurrs today while I was out getting things done... and just as I was about to finally call when we got home, they tapered off. I'm hoping all of this prodromal stuff means I will end up having an easy, quick labor once it finally happens!

I had regular, moderate contractions every 5-6mins for hoouuurrs today while I was out getting things done... and just as I was about to finally call when we got home, they tapered off. I'm hoping all of this prodromal stuff means I will end up having an easy, quick labor once it finally happens!

Ohhh girl, i hope they come back and you get to meet this babe soon

Hope they come back Australia! For real this time. I was hoping the moon would help me out. Nothing. I guess it's off to bed. Not ready for another work week. :-(

I think my waters has broke for sure. We are currently hanging out waiting to see if contractions start up again....

Thanks! Here is to hoping things start on their own without induction

Can't be seen until Tuesday because I have been discharged from consultant care and I need to re-book my csection date to make sure I don't end up with one. I'm not having any signs of this baby coming now at all. I'm not even having BH baby has gone high up into my rib cage and I've stop losing plug, NOTHING!
I can't be induced because I've had 2EMCS.
I can't have an EPI or a spinal block because I have scholiosis of the spine.
So if I have a section it's GA for me because of the rules laid out by the NHS 😔 I'm backed into a corner about it!

Had 2 shows now, 2 sweeps and reflexology. Was 3cm and 70% effaced yesterday morning and been having small contractions since then, they are quite regular and hurt a bit but they don't last very long at all, maybe 15-20 seconds. Going in for a trace to check they baby is still happy later, they will discuss induction for tomorrow. Hoping even if I am induced I will have done some of the work already

Good luck to everyone x

Thanks girls. I'm still here as of now. I'm still leaking waters... still pink tinged... I hope that's ok? I never had my water break before full blown labor. I really hope contractions kick in today. I'm almost beginning to feel like I'm broken or something. Like why has my water started leaking and contractions haven't picked up??

GL Tink!

GL Jstarr!

cinnmum hopefully you can get it all worked out tomorrow.

Thanks girls. I'm still here as of now. I'm still leaking waters... still pink tinged... I hope that's ok? I never had my water break before full blown labor. I really hope contractions kick in today. I'm almost beginning to feel like I'm broken or something. Like why has my water started leaking and contractions haven't picked up??

You should get it checked out babe, wouldnt want to risk infection to you or babe..

Yea, I just really don't want to be induced and I know you can go up to 48 hours after water breaking safely as long as you don't have anything put in the vagina.

No sex, no checks etc...and keep an eye out for any signs of infection lIke fever.

I just checked babies hb on doppler at home and she is good.

I hope I'm not coming off as careless. I just know how quick many doctors and hospitals are to induce and get things done on their time.

I hope I'm not coming off as careless. I just know how quick many doctors and hospitals are to induce and get things done on their time.

Well i hope that they wouldnt force you into something you do not want.
Im more of the get checked in case but vocalize my wishes.. But i dont have difficulty doing so, some people arent as vocal.
You know your body best momma!

Haha I'm very vocal, but sadly my office of docs are very pushy and forceful. That's why I'm hesitant.

Baby has just finished with the hiccups awe :) lol

Well i hope that they wouldnt force you into something you do not want.
Im more of the get checked in case but vocalize my wishes.. But i dont have difficulty doing so, some people arent as vocal.
You know your body best momma!

So have you not gone to hospital/had a mw round to be checked? When my waters went I rang and had to be checked, she even checked my pad (sorry but gross) and then booked to be seen again in 24hrs. I appreciate different hospitals (and countries) are different but don't you want to be checked? Is it the worry of being induced again? Sorry if I've missed the point. x

Yes I have been induced before and it was horrible. And with my doctor they will send me straight to the hospital to be checked. The hospital will then require (unless I go sign papers against there better judgment) to stay put. They will want to induce immediately or within 12 hours.

Yes I have been induced before and it was horrible. And with my doctor they will send me straight to the hospital to be checked. The hospital will then require (unless I go sign papers against there better judgment) to stay put. They will want to induce immediately or within 12 hours.

Oh I know all about it - Induction sucks, I hated it!

The hospital won't let you home to give you a chance at contracting by yourself? That's sucks. I know not much about stuff but i'm sure I hear more and more about people being induced and I can't help but wonder if they just do it to cover themselves!?
And 12 hours isn't long either, in the uk (and in my area) it's 24 hours.

Hope your ok anyway! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->