Labour watch, help me I'm nuts!

xxMichellexx

Reaction score
I literally promised myself I wouldn't be on labour watch, I am so laid back about everything so I don't mind. Then I hit 38 weeks, now I'm 39+4.
I've been having very uncomfortable back pain for 3 days and on and off intense period pain for 3 days also. On Sunday I had this immense contraction, almost knocked me to the floor it was awful, and a few more after then it stopped.
Last night I had 1.5 hours sleep, I always sleep and only usually wake once for a wee, I kept thinking it was a sign.
Now this morning I've just had an intense pain again, daughter asked why I was breathing funny but I know it won't be anything.
Do I sound like things are heading in the right direction? Xx

Sounds like it's starting to move. I had lots more early labour signs with my second and false alarms than I had first time around.
Xx

With my first my waters broke at 39+6. I wasn't expecting it at all and never had any pains so thought I would be as care free this time! Obviously not! I suffer with really bad round ligament pain so it's hard to distinguish sometimes what's causing the pain!

Every labour is diff. Could be the start hun. Either way baby will come sooner or later. So labour watch isn't a bad thing to be prepared & ready :) good luck xx

It could be, a few days before I went into labour I had some random painful tightenings and then I went into labour without any warning at all. Good luck :D x

Definitely sounds promising! If you have a few more of those uncomfortable ones see if you can time them, and if they ease up when you lie down/have a bath. Your body's doing all the right things, it won't be long now!! :)

My Brixton hicks are definitely increasing they make me wince and hold my breath, but i know what a real contraction is and it's not like all over my back yet!
I've decided I'm going to give up guessing and enjoy my last days!
The insomnia last night was something I can live without though!!!!!

Michelle I'm driving myself mad too. I delivered at 39+0 and my waters went first too. I'm now at 39+1 and have had several false alarms but nothing yet. I had a bit of cramping again last night but really no signs that its imminent in the last few days. I'm going mad checking all the time!

Haha. Because I was a day early everybody expects the same now!
My boyfriend just came back with massive cakes and big sandwiches and banana milkshake which he banned me from as it's so high in sugar, I think I'll stay pregnant a bit longer if this is how he is going to treat me!
I am so bored though, I do have my little girl at home after nursery each day but the weather Is crap so we've been colouring and film watching etc. I've done all of my house work 3 times over, just resorted to washing the spare bedding now cause I have nothing else to do!
I may have to have a nap thanks to my insomnia last night!

Definitely sounds like you are in the early stages of labour, albeit it might be going a tad slowly! Try and do as much walking as possible, or bounce on a ball of you have one and you could try bathing in some clary sage oil, along with massaging it in to your bump and smelling it on some tissue to help increase the contractions. Good luck, hope baby doesn't keep you waiting much longer! :flower:

I'm just pretending to nap upstairs at the moment whilst OH and daughter watch films downstairs haha. I really should be napping but the weather is so bad and my brain won't switch off so I'll try and bit longer then bounce on my ball! Xx

My OH and DS are both fast asleep on the sofa downstairs and I could be taking it easy (and should as I've got a cold) but I've been 'ready' for this baby for so long that my clean house isn't looking quite as polished as it was two weeks ago. Just done the bathroom, bleached the kitchen sides, polished everywhere and done all the floors including hoovering the skirting boards and edges(!) while they snooze. The boredom for the last week has been driving me crazy so in some way its nice for the house to need a touch up again. Our laundry basket has never been so empty :) Fingers crossed your bhs keep developing and this is it for you xx

I'm currently bouncing on the ball. Off to get pineapple soon just to give it a try. Going to clean my bathrooms again even though the house is spotless!
My mood is so different today, considering I've had no sleep I'm so happy and giddy! I've been glum for ages, partner thinks I'm drunk!

Spent almost 2 hours on my ball last night bouncing and rolling etc then came to bed for the first sex we've had in weeks. I'm still pregnant though goddammit haha!

Still pregnant here too! OH has gone to work today as my cold has lifted a little. I have a bit of backache but nothing else. :( Hope things pick up again later.

Me too, wish the weather was better so I could go for a nice walk but I'm not going out in this rain!
I've got a lovely spot on my face too, it arrived yesterday and the first one I've had in months, I'd like that to disappear before I have to have my new baby photos haha! (Just trying to make myself feel better now) xxx

I had the same issue with a cold sore last week. It's gone but I have a red mark still. The last few weeks have been a killer on the immune system!

How are you feeling today?

I've spent the whole day in bed with a severe headache. It's finally lifted a little bit. Ongoing aches and pains but hey what's new I'm 40 weeks pregnant (minus 2 days)
Just wish something would happen, but no today because I haven't slept properly in 2 days and I don't have the energy for labour!
How are you? Xxx

Oooo I had one breakout in my third trimester, and it came a few days before I went into labor!! :) It's terrible that it comes before pictures are taken, but it could be just enough to say "hey! Your hormones are changing!!! SEE!!!!!" :haha:

Keep us updated!!

As for the pineapple, I've read that you actually have to eat the core. The core contains the goods that can bring about labor, while the rest of the fruit doesn't contain much. I believe it's called bromelain?!?!

I didn't go for the pineapple in the end, I don't even like it so thought it would just make me miserable!
I think I've read every website on how to induce labour now about 6 times over.
I think the reason I'm suffering with insomnia is because I'm excited!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->