Labour watch, help me I'm nuts!

Last night I didn't even wake for a wee!
I just got really concerned about his movements I thought I hadn't felt him all morning but I'm sat with a Pepsi and he's now kicking and turning away.
Still need to ring the midwife as it turns out I never even booked an appointment for tomorrow oooopsie!
I've cleaned my car inside this morning, went out to buy new car mats, had a shower and curled my hair all nice now I plan to Hoover and put some washing on then relax!
How are you all? Xx

Doing well! I just got so excited when I saw your post in my subscription box.

I've actually heard people describe what you are going through as the "calm before the storm." It's that weird period where everything seems to go silent. Bh contractions even seem to stop, baby moves enough for kick counts (but not as much as usual), and it just seems like it is almost moving backwards, then BAM! labor. Hopefully that is the case for you :thumbup:

I bloody hope so!! I've got some back pain going on now and twice when I've stood up I've had that electric feeling but it went on for a good minute or so, felt like I was being stabbed! Trying not to get my hopes up!
Just going to look forward to a fish and chip shop dinner and a film with the OH instead xxx

Today I bounced on the ball for hours and walked for about an hour. I'm feeling it in my bottom! :) We also had a cheeky curry though OH told me to stop bouncing and that we don't want to have the baby tomorrow :wacko: Err yes we do!

Tigermom I hope you're right. I'm definitely in a 'quiet' period. Saying that apart from the issues walking I didn't really have any imminent signs that the baby was coming last time.

Me neither, I feel far too comfortable for my own good! Midwife tomorrow will let you know how it's goes!!! Xx

Michelle: Please do! Except, I'm really hoping you won't even make it to that visit!!!

NotNic: :haha: Your hubby sounds like mine! "Don't walk too much! He might fall out" and I'm like... that's kind of the purpose!! :haha:

I felt like my loud days were a few days ago, and now, things have slowed so much. Starting about a week ago, I've had two bouts of mucous plug and three of bloody show (one most recently today), so I'm not holding my breath that it is even a sign. They always say "within three days," but that ship sailed a long time ago. Other than today's microscopic bloody show, everything is quiet on the signs and symptoms front. I'm also in a quiet period. We are still a bit early, but at this point, I'm like most... I've never been so excited to be in so much pain :haha: I'm ready!

I'm walking too. By the time I finish a walk, it feels like the baby is trying to come out of my butt... sorry TMI, but it is so true. Anyone else get that feeling? Eating dates, drinking red raspberry leaf tea (4 cups/day), acupuncture (2x/week, dh and I are acupuncturists, so I just crawl in bed at night for a treatment), stretching/yoga for good positioning, etc., just trying to keep up with the things I did for DS and he was 5 days early.

I've been getting spicy cravings again, and that's probably because baby has moved down a bit, so it doesn't lead to as much heartburn, but I'm still afraid to indulge too much as I don't want to sit with that pain all night :haha:

Well last night I got no sleep and I've woken up and been sick! I kind of hope labour doesn't start today because I can't keep my eyes open! I get my OH up all night nearly too so I've resided to the sofa to watch Aladdin with my little girl!
Not sure what the sickness is from!? We had fish and chips last night it may have been too greasy for me!
Hope I perk up a bit later before I go to my appointment!
How are you all this morning? Xxx

Sorry you are sick, michelle! Hopefully its just a 24hr thing and you feel better soon :hugs:

Still nothing here, baby was very active last night which is new. I almost feel like she has totally shifted positions, hope not! Got a good sleep though as my girls slept 7-7 and 7.30-7... neither of them got up! It feels great lol.
Cant believe im 6 days over already. Get a move on, little lady!

How are you all feeling? Hope you're feeling better Michelle!

39+6 Today. Had the most unusual burning pain just above my pubic line area. With a dash of back pain and feeling sick.
Felt so groggy and Blerugh all morning.
I seem to be 'Clearing out' too. And now I feel fantastic.
I hate these mood changes. Hope the highs stay though :)

The mood changes are hard to keep up with aren't they? 2 nights ago I was crying to my OH saying no lady wants to go over, it's natural that they want their babies out. Last night I was laughing and joking saying I didn't care when he came and I'm happy to carry on scoffing my face for a bit.
Today I really want this baby out! We are seeing family all day and hanging around by the hospital after my sweep because it's about 40 mins from home but ten mins from my mums. I know everybody will be asking about it and I feel like just telling everybody to not say anything!
God I'm moody today haha xxx

Had my sweep, I'm 2-3cms dilated apparently and my waters are bulging. Midwife said she expected me back in the next 48 hours. We shall see! Very uncomfortable after the sweep but now I'm back to normal! Going to the MILs for some tea! Xx

I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. I went 48 hours after my sweep, and my waters were bulging too! As a matter of fact, they told me they were surprised I didn't rupture everywhere. Kind of nervous about that this time :haha: That is the key. They say if it is going to work, it will work within 2 days. How was it while it was happening for you? I know you were nervous for the sensation.

Everyone says, "wear a pad" but what is that dinky little thing, even the overnight ones, going to do when it comes to water breaking?!?!? :shrug: Who knows. It might help. The hospitalist, when I went to L&D about the cramping, recommended covering my car seat with a plastic bag (garbage bag or very large shopping bag) and then a towel over it in case my waters go before the hospital. I've been sitting on one for a week now, and I hate it :haha: I feel like a dog on a puppy pad :roll:

As for me, I've had menstrual cramping for weeks now, but it is really picking up. Yesterday, I had two "GASP!" moments, one at the dinner table in front of my in-laws, that were embarrassing. No contractions, other than irregular bh contractions. They are getting tighter and tighter, and they are getting closer to what I remember as "refrigerator belly" as I so lovingly called it with DS#1 :haha: They would tighten so much that my abs were pulled into a box-type shape. :D

My husband's guess is the 22nd. Mine is the 24th, as that is the same timeline as DS#1 (5 days early). My mom's is the day before our due date which happens to be dh's birthday. My dad's guess is long-gone. He guessed the 11th... wishful thinking? My doctor does the sweep at 39 weeks thankfully, which is the 22nd for me, so we will see!

It was actually ok whilst it was happening, it just felt like she put her fingers in and wiggling around! But when I stood up it was incredibly sore. She said he was really low, but I'm only 2/5 engaged, but I suppose with second babies you engage later.
My waters broke in bed with Maisie, and they honestly didn't even go on the bed they kind if popped then spilled out in the toilet, I am nervous about that happening but she said it could be likely.
She said I'll be back by Monday, but I almost cursed her for saying it out loud! I've been reading people's stories after sweeps on the internet and I don't know why I do it!
Midwife was lovely though, I never seem to have to same one but I cried to her about everything because I'm so tired so she had to be nice.
She said she's booked me in for reflexology, I don't even know what that is! And she's booked an appointment for Friday but said I wouldn't make it to then.
The anticipation is killing me! Every ache and pain makes me question what's happening!
I bet you are the same, I was never like this with my daughter!!!!! I wanted to stay active today but I can't due to exhaustion! Xxx

Michelle it sounds like all those practice contractions were doing something! Great appointment. At my last appointment my baby was so high up my mw said she wouldn't even attempt a sweep if I was like this at 41wks!

Today I am really struggling to walk. Think John Wayne!! :haha: I'm also getting crazy pressure. Maybe baby is getting back down where it needs to be! :) I felt really 'off' earlier but I'm sure its nothing!

My waters popped in bed with F. I bought a disposable mattress protector from boots (about £5 for 5) and all was good :) I think most of mine went in the bathroom though and I had a constant trickle right up until the end. TBH though I have blocked out a lot of that stuff. Can't really think what I did for the 4hrs before I decided I needed to leave.

It was actually ok whilst it was happening, it just felt like she put her fingers in and wiggling around! But when I stood up it was incredibly sore. She said he was really low, but I'm only 2/5 engaged, but I suppose with second babies you engage later.
My waters broke in bed with Maisie, and they honestly didn't even go on the bed they kind if popped then spilled out in the toilet, I am nervous about that happening but she said it could be likely.
She said I'll be back by Monday, but I almost cursed her for saying it out loud! I've been reading people's stories after sweeps on the internet and I don't know why I do it!
Midwife was lovely though, I never seem to have to same one but I cried to her about everything because I'm so tired so she had to be nice.
She said she's booked me in for reflexology, I don't even know what that is! And she's booked an appointment for Friday but said I wouldn't make it to then.
The anticipation is killing me! Every ache and pain makes me question what's happening!
I bet you are the same, I was never like this with my daughter!!!!! I wanted to stay active today but I can't due to exhaustion! Xxx

Sounds like all things are really pointing towards "this is it!" You've been ridiculously active without a problem the last few days, and now you are saying you can't because you are exhausted :thumbup: I think that sounds like your body has changed just enough and is telling you to rest before the big marathon!!! :happydance:

Also those little aches and pains that don't seem to be doing anything sound very familiar after my successful sweep with DS#1 :) I feel like I remember just feeling... off. Then things slowly get going with the bh for me. Then the real game!!! :thumbup::flower: Super excited!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but feel free to post as much as you'd like! I love hearing all the little details. Helps with SS :haha:... kidding... kind of! :blush: It's like the end-game TWW in here :hugs:

Michelle it sounds like all those practice contractions were doing something! Great appointment. At my last appointment my baby was so high up my mw said she wouldn't even attempt a sweep if I was like this at 41wks!

Today I am really struggling to walk. Think John Wayne!! :haha: I'm also getting crazy pressure. Maybe baby is getting back down where it needs to be! :) I felt really 'off' earlier but I'm sure its nothing!

My waters popped in bed with F. I bought a disposable mattress protector from boots (about £5 for 5) and all was good :) I think most of mine went in the bathroom though and I had a constant trickle right up until the end. TBH though I have blocked out a lot of that stuff. Can't really think what I did for the 4hrs before I decided I needed to leave.

HAHAH John Wayne is exactly right :rofl:!! That's what it looks like when I walk!!! :p

I just had to ask my partner who John Wayne was haha. I said one of the ladies on the internet said she couldn't walk, he said why? Is she pregnant? (Does he think I'm
Just speaking to random women) haha!
I've decided to get on my ball but it's hurting a little bit now!
I actually feel worse now, knowing I'm 2cms dilated and that she thinks I can go at any time it kind of gives me a false hope! I feel on edge now!
OH is annoying me tonight bless him, he said he was going to post some leaflets round tomorrow for his new business but I told him he wasn't allowed and that I want him to stay in with me all day and that he shouldn't be making plans for himself! I'm so mean!
I really hope I can sleep tonight else my body might give in!!!!!

I hope your OH did you an impression :haha:

Adrenalin will totally get you through! I think I barely slept in 72hrs last time. When my hind waters went on the Tues night at 3am I was up for the day. The next night my waters popped as we were going to bed, so I didn't sleep then and after my son was born on the Thursday I slept for 2hrs tops. I was a zombie by 6pm on the Friday!

To add to my general discomfort my ribs feel bruised from the coughing. I might ask for pain relief just to numb that!!

Also I love that he thinks you are sharing your pregnancy ailments with completely random ladies with nothing in common with you!!

Haha I know, I may be weird but I'm not that weird. No he didn't give me an impression he said "it's like someone who has been shagged in the wrong hole" haha, lovely make way of putting it there I think!
I'm going to sleep on a towel tonight just in case, not holding out hope though. My energy levels have picked up which isn't a good sign just before bed time really! I'm going to do a few walks up the stairs then give my kitchen floor a wipe and go to bed! Xxx

I hope tonight brings you good news!

Does everyone have names in mind yet? We don't at all. OH has just got me to write a list and he's basically vetoed my favourites including two names he's previously agreed to. They are going right back on the list! Since he hasn't come up with any decent options I might be using my pushing privillidges and making myself head judge! We have less than 25mins to d-day and we still don't have a short list or even a reasonable contenders list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->