Labour watch, help me I'm nuts!

I'm not convinced those induction tips really work. That said I'm bouncing on the ball as much as I can! :)

I have had an okay day. Tired this morning and my lingering cough has annoyed me. This evening though I feel different. I feel like tonight could be the night, as weird as that probably sounds. It might be my pelvic floor and cough working against me :haha: but I think I might be losing a tiny bit of my waters. Last time I sprung a leak first and then 20hrs later got the big 'pop' sensation. Baby is doing a lot of squirming tonight. It's been a little quieter than normal (not worryingly so, as I can get baby to move) so nice to feel it fidgeting again. I also am
A bit hyper. Need to sleep but my brain isn't switching off either. I have the mw tomorrow so at least I have a reason to brave the drizzle!

Hope you manage a restful nights sleep and wake tomorrow with contractions! :thumbup:

Well I managed the good nights sleep thankfully. No contractions though! Going to watch my daughter in an assembly then plan to do some walking! 39+6 today and this is when my daughter came so my poor little brain just expects it to happen now! People keep telling me boys are lazy so I'll try and remember that! I just want him here before my partner has to go back to work as he's got a week off now (gets paternity leave obviously but I don't want to have to ring him at work, he's a fireman and will be on nights I bet you when I go into labour) haha xxxx

I'm three days more pregnant than I was with DS so I know exactly what you mean about your brain having a date in mind. Nothing happened last night. Got a bit tearful this morning. I wake up in the middle of the night depressed I don't feel anything. My son was up 3 times in the night so I'm feeling tired and grumpy. Going to go have a nap now DS is at nursery. Got the midwife late morning. Really didnt expect to make that appointment. :(

I think with pineapple you actually need to eat 9+!

If you can get yourself to Holland and Barrett I highly recommend clary sage oil. Bathe in it, massage yourself with it and just sniff the stuff straight from the bottle :lol:

I have now hoovered the three storey house, dusted everywhere. Been on a walk down a nature reserve now all I have to show for it is heartburn hahaha xxx

Happy due date to me!!!! Can't believe I got this far. I think I'm going to be a nightmare now! Damn

Michelle I really hope something starts happening for you soon!

I don't think it will. I think I've gone backwards haha! Isn't it funny, today is my due date so I've kind of ruled it out altogether for something happening today! Xx

I actually have gone backwards. I'm less engaged this week than I was last week!!

Oh god what is happening to us all? I don't see my midwife till sat but I would bet everything I'm less engaged too! Xx

All these babies have got to come eventually! :D

It really will happen. It is such a bummer when you have a date or an idea set, and then it passes by. :hugs:

I know it is easier said than done, but make sure to keep active and not let being discouraged slow you down. Exercise and movement can only help at this point!!

Since you are at your due date, are you planning on having the sweep?

My doctor told me yesterday that she didn't expect to see me at my next appointment. My son was early, and things are progressing interestingly. However, I know that since she said it, I'm so not going before my due date. Thanks for the jinx, doc! :roll:

I know how you feel, everybody kept saying to me I won't be late and it secretly gets your hopes up doesn't it!
Yeh I'm seeing the midwife on Saturday so I'm hoping for a sweep then! I've never had one though so hoping it isn't too uncomfortable, although I am going to give birth again so I doubt it will be worse than that!
My spirits are still quite high, I'm trying to pretend I'm still 37 weeks pregnant! Xxx

:haha: There you go! It's like age-denial, only with due date?!?! :haha:

As for the sweep, I will tell you that it isn't painful, but it is uncomfortable. If you've had your cervix checked, it is the same sensation since they are doing somewhat the same thing, but then it gets a bit more intense as they move around. Like I said, I would definitely not call it pain, but you might wince at the sensation... It's more weird and surprising.

I've not had my cervix checked before, or even a smear test.
I'm watching a baby programme now and can see women in labour, I'm so jealous!!! I can't turn it off!!!!!

Tigermom I'm blaming my mw!! At 35wks I said I'd go over as I was feeling too 'well'. I had no problems walking and was pretty small. Then I saw the mw at 36wks and she was convinced I would deliver by now. Of course I haven't so now I'm a grumpy cow :)

NotNic :haha: Isn't it the way? I was convinced we'd go early, and because she said it outloud, now I'm convinced of the opposite. I'd love to meet this little guy at least on time, but now I can't expect anything. The curse of the spoken guess!

Michelle: isn't that funny! I watched a few shows that happened to have ladies go into labor. They are sweating, crying, screaming, and hate the world, yet I find myself totally jealous :shrug: We are silly!

I have had the least twingiest of all nights tonight. I'm actually too comfortable! It's daunting now I'm officially overdue in 33 minutes!!!!

I've started sleeping through bar the odd toilet break these last few days. Two weeks ago I was up several times a night with twinges, cramps and bhs. I do think us being ill and tired has stopped us being as active as we should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->