Labour watch - july babies 2014

It's gone quiet on here, how are you Alex and Amalee?

Still nothing from me but my home BP monitor says it's 160/100!! I've got my sweep this afternoon so she might send me to the hospital if she reads it that high!

Nothing from me but everyone else has either had their babies or gone quiet so I think I may be the last one timewaster lol!

No baby for me haha just been out walking everywhere all day and for a couple of hours last night. Wow that is really high Bailey! Has your midwife been yet?

I've given up wishing her out! I'm going to just try not think about it and just hope it happens on its own without the need of induction in a fortnight! X

Ah yes good old walking, I give up doing that Alex lol. Well the MW got my BP at 136/82 so my machine must have been reading it high, but I think its fluctuating a lot coz I've just done it now and it was 135/90.
She gave nme yet another sweep and just said same as Monday, looks like it cvould happen anytime but you never know and hopefully I wont have to wait much longer.
But I'm still only 2cm dilated so all these contractions havent done any further work!
Oh well 3 more days maximum!

Fingers crossed the sweep works! 3 days really isn't long to wait at all just bloody well feels like it!!! I could have 15 yet lol :( I'm definitely giving up on the walking cause honestly even if it did work I wouldn't want it to cause I feel so exhausted after I worry I wouldn't be able to do it lol, I can't believe I'm a day away from my due date with no signs of her coming today there's no way on earth she will come on her due date I just know it so looks like I'm definitely having a late baby!! Hopefully she's just as lazy when she arrives!! X

Its not the wait that bothers me now its the fact that if I have to go in on sunday its likely to end in c section. I really want this to happen naturally but whatever will be I guess!
When will they schedule induction for you Alex?

Hopefully if it comes to it the induction gives him the little kick up the bum that he needs ans you get your VBAC, I think it all depends on how busy they are but typically between 10-14 days overdue x

I honestly thought I was in labour again last night. Contractions every 7 mins for almost 2 hours, but then became irregular and stopped. That's twice now and I'm so upset again. I'm losing soooooo much bloody tinged plug, even after that massive amount I lost on Saturday which must have been the bulk of it. I just don't get why nothing is happening still!!! Feel as if something is stopping it and I don't know what or why!!!

Thanks celine, how's your little one doing?

How are you today Alex? Amalee?

Ah I bet your so fed up Bailey I would be! Due date today and no baby :( pretty crampy but as usual no pattern or intensity to it doesn't look like I'm having a due date baby! I honestly can't believe I'm going to be over due I really thought I'd be early again, how you feeling today Bailey x

Same as always, nothing going on and completely fed up lol.Had a few pains this morning but all gone.
Sorry you are going to be overdue too hun, it sucks!!

I'm just praying she comes before I need inducing! Oh is off for 3 days after tomorrow so that's going to be a big help being hot, tired and over due I feel sorry for Finnley but daddy will be able to share the load so probably take him out to the park, beach, indoor play area over those days, I'm not keen on the idea of a sweep either just the awkwardness or stripping off for her haha the things we have to go through ey! I can't wait for this to be a memory and be sat sniffing her freshly washed hair :) x

Boo to being overdue :(

Im doing ok, so happy to not be preggo in this heat. Loving my little isabelle to bits but struggling on coping with three, see hubby works late most nights so im usually alone with two but alone with two and a newborn is something else.

Alex that's good that oh is off work for 3 days Hun, that will help you. I hate having sweeps done, the MW yesterday told me I could ask for another tomorrow if I wanted, I don't know whether to go for it or not, it would be my fourth!!! One part of me thinks it's worth a shot but the other part thinks if 3 didn't work what makes me think number 4 would, plus can I really go through another false labour session??

Celine my df works evenings til late too and I'm worrying about 1 and a newborn so I can't imagine 2 and a newborn!! You are doing great though I'm sure Hun x

As celine said, I feel for you ladies! Overdue and pg in July? Ooof...

Celine-I'm with you too. DH has been a big help in taking the kids to work with him when he can but he works long hours and often isn't home until late at night so I'm still home alot with the kids. My biggest issue right now is disciplining the older kids. For example, if they start messing in the pantry while I'm nursing, it's not like I can just up and shoo them out of there and somehow, Mom just saying "C'mon kids, out of the pantry" (in an ever more frustrated tone of voice) doesn't work. :whacko: And DD2 has an hours long cluster-feeding session (5+ hours) every.single.evening so I'm tied to my nursing chair even more. Not looking forward to the next week though. DH is going to be busy, the temps are going to sky rocket into the upper 80's/lower 90's, and my nursing chair is a leather so I'm literally going to be STUCK in it. :dohh:

How are you new moms feeling? Hope your lo are being good little babies :)

Bailey anything happening for you? Nothing happening here I've got her extra comfy in there and she isn't coming out for anything! X

Not a thing Alex lol. Had 4 sweeps now and I seem to have lost so much plug there's none left lol! The MW today commented on how there was no blood or show on her glove after the sweep!! She said I'm 3cm dilated now, she could find my cervix really easily and any time now apparently (where've I heard that before eh?? Lol!!).
I think I can safely say he's not coming til Sunday or Monday once I'm in hospital. I just get this feeling that it isn't going to kick off naturally no matter how long I may have left it lol!!

So tomorrow I'm baking a cake in preparation for all the visitors we will get next week lol! I've had my moments of crying and being upset now, everyone I know has had their babies and I am sure I am the most pregnant woman on this forum at the mo too but it's all ok now, I don't feel as bad coz I know it's almost over. Although I'm still scared of what will happen Sunday and I wish I could have experienced going into labour myself, but never mind!

Has your oh been letting you take it easy whilst he's been off Alex?

I have a feeling this baby isn't going to come until she's forced out in a fortnight, I feel surprisingly good though and having terrible hemorrhoids the longer she stays in the better so I can treat them before I bare all to a midwife ha ha! We're nearly there Bailey!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->