• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladies who are 40+

Turning 40 this month. I have a DS, 3 (conceived at first try when I was 36) and had a MC at 34 (also conceived on first try). Hoping this time will be easy as well.... but finding statistics scary so this board has been great to read. Any newer 40+ natural conceptions/pregnancies? It annoys me that there is a lot of scaremongering around (like the false statement that you only have a 5% chance of having a baby at 40... No, it is 5%/month, which is about 60% chance for the year.) IF 5% is even right, as that's based on fertility clinic patients. Or maybe this is wishful thinking from my part...

Hi, I am 41 and 20 weeks PG with my 4th. I had mmc at 13 weeks in jan 12, accidental pregnancy. Started trying again in may 12 and took 4 months to get PG )always happened quick before ) has another mmc at 9 weeks.

Started trying again in dec 12 and got PG straight away. We only DTD every other day and I was also having acupuncture.

I was. Under a recurrent MC clinic And take progesterone twice daily and inject clexane once daily!

Good luck in your TTC journey .

Amazing dancareoi! I'm 46, and have a DD 17, DS 17. I did diet cleanse, acupuncture and chiro 3x a week for three months prior to getting pregnant. Downs odd were 1 in 10000! Not bad for an old lady, our nuchal was 1.0 on the head. Scans are clear, no soft markers met (or should I say unmet?..morphology is good). I refused Amnio ..it took us too long to get here and so far good! Best of luck in your pregnancies.

Turning 40 this month. I have a DS, 3 (conceived at first try when I was 36) and had a MC at 34 (also conceived on first try). Hoping this time will be easy as well.... but finding statistics scary so this board has been great to read. Any newer 40+ natural conceptions/pregnancies? It annoys me that there is a lot of scaremongering around (like the false statement that you only have a 5% chance of having a baby at 40... No, it is 5%/month, which is about 60% chance for the year.) IF 5% is even right, as that's based on fertility clinic patients. Or maybe this is wishful thinking from my part...

Hi, I am 41 and 20 weeks PG with my 4th. I had mmc at 13 weeks in jan 12, accidental pregnancy. Started trying again in may 12 and took 4 months to get PG )always happened quick before ) has another mmc at 9 weeks.

Started trying again in dec 12 and got PG straight away. We only DTD every other day and I was also having acupuncture.

I was. Under a recurrent MC clinic And take progesterone twice daily and inject clexane once daily!

Good luck in your TTC journey .

Amazing dancareoi! I'm 46, and have a DD 17, DS 17. I did diet cleanse, acupuncture and chiro 3x a week for three months prior to getting pregnant. Downs odd were 1 in 10000! Not bad for an old lady, our nuchal was 1.0 on the head. Scans are clear, no soft markers met (or should I say unmet?..morphology is good). I refused Amnio ..it took us too long to get here and so far good! Best of luck in your pregnancies.

Congratulations, glad everything is going well for you. Our downs risk was also low and our anomaly scan last week showed a healthy little baby.

Best wishes for the rest of your PG

Glad all is going well for everyone. My little girl is due on Thursday and I'm booked in for induction on that day due to advanced maternal age, first baby and low PAPP-A which makes me higher risk.

As you can imagine I'm doing lots to entice her out before then!

Glad all is going well for everyone. My little girl is due on Thursday and I'm booked in for induction on that day due to advanced maternal age, first baby and low PAPP-A which makes me higher risk.

Good luck for next Thursday, as you say plenty to d in the meantime.

Eating pineapples and curry. Drive over a few speed bumps and of course the obvious :blush:

Good Luck Lady H..
You will be just fine and great.. xx

...to see all the success stories here. I'll stop googling scary things for now.

Hope all has gone well for you

Hi ladyh

Just wondering how you are getting on?
Thinking of you

Lady, many congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby girl.

I got pregnant with my first @ 40, delivered @ 41 and really had a very easy pregnancy. I am now pregnant again. Both pregnancies have been natural conception. :)

Thanks, 6lb 12.5oz and three hours active labour. No time for epidural but she's perfect.

Hi all,

I'm 42, only got a BFP this week. I'm super-nervous but this thread is wonderful and reassuring! :flower:
I'll avoid Google for now.

Hi all,

I'm 42, only got a BFP this week. I'm super-nervous but this thread is wonderful and reassuring! :flower:
I'll avoid Google for now.

Congratulations on your BfP. Sometimes I wish google didn't exist!

Ladyh , congrats doesn't sound like you has too bad a time . Hope you are enjoying motherhood

Congrats to all you preg 40+ ladies!!:flower::flower::flower:

You have given me hope! I'm 41 and TTC number 2 since...well for ages!!

9dpo here...after horrible 3 hour cramping episode from 10pm until 1am evening of 7dpo, I spent a strange day yesterday at 8dpo with on/off crampy churny stomach feeling (not painful and not the same as when AF is due, but just horrible sickly tugging) and VERY tired and moody (slamming doors and swearing for no reason then back to normal minutes later, then another outburst later etc)....then midday yesterday the headaches got worse and I had to go to bed...slept for 13 hours! Now this morning....NOTHING....feel TOTALLY NORMAL...mood is elevated and good, no headaches, no cramps, no sickly feelings...NOTHING! Don't feel preg...and felt pretty certain I was in with a chance this month past two days...:(

I hope the eggie didnt try to implant and failed...as this seems to be the whole TTC issue with me..I fall pregnant and m/c / have chemicals...lining issues???
And I'm now worried that last years D&C may have caused damage to my uterine lining which would prevent any eggie from implanting in there??!!

Anybody 9dpo and felt implantation/ pregnant then not feel it? Have implantation symptoms then have them all disappear??

I guess I will just have to play the waiting game again. But you ladies are encouraging me to continue to try...way to go!

Hi all,
Prickly, your chart looks good. When are you testing?

I got my bfp yesterday, age 43 1/2. Still in shock!!
My dd was born in june 2012, so 2 babies 20 months apart, if all goes well. fxfxfxfx.

Ellyn,
I didnt look forward to see the next outcome, but i am glad you left that doctor. She sounds like an ass. fx

Hi all,
Prickly, your chart looks good. When are you testing?

I got my bfp yesterday, age 43 1/2. Still in shock!!
My dd was born in june 2012, so 2 babies 20 months apart, if all goes well. fxfxfxfx.

Thanks...After so many chem pregs and m/c I am too scared to test early...hated seeing the line getting fainter in the past! Anyway, this afternoon I started horrible AF type cramping...I usually get light cramping ;/ churny tummy day or two before AF shows up...this is something else however! Might need a heat pad! Am 12dpo - pretty regular cycles and BBT temp and OPK put me at 12dpo...so still 2-3 days to go before testing! AM hoing AF stays away...but temp went down a little on my chart you think today? Its not climbing anyway and its supposed to?? So...am going to try soy and progesterone cream next cycle...:growlmad:

Prickly sending lots of baby dust your way. I lost 2 last year and this time round have been taking progesterone supplements twice a day since 7 dpo and injecting clexane since 7 weeks.

4feb, fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"