Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oOKayOo

Reaction score
Reviews, pictures and discussions on Lapland New Forest and recent media updates.
Reviews on Lapland New forest start on page 6.

Feel free to have a read through and join in!
Official Announcement: 4th December 2008 from Lapland New Forest Ltd.
With my deepest regret and sincerest apology I am left with no option but to announce that I am forced to close the children's entertainment theme park "Lapland New Forest" for 2008 due (I believe at the time of publishing) to:

• Intentional organised crowd manipulation and event sabotage during and since our first trading weekend.
  • The unscrupulous and inaccurate negative bias media broadcasts of both local and national press and television companies that contributed significantly to fuelling widespread public concern, frenzy and distraction since the 1st December 2008.
  • What I believe to be a wholly illegal action by the credit merchant company called "Streamline" of seizing /withdrawing all funds without notice from the Lapland New Forest Ltd bank account leaving us completely unable to trade.
For all people wishing to claim financial reimbursement I can only advise (at the time of writing) that you return to our website for further information on this important matter.

Both I and all of the Lapland New Forest Team have had every intention of both continuing and continuing to enhance our children's event ... we have all put many months of hard planning, endeavour and finance into the Christmas theme park ... our wonderful venture and advertising campaign proved to be highly popular and many of our visitors did have a great day with us!

We are all deeply upset at the outrageous lies, slander, accusations, violent threats and lack of official support we have endured and I have every intention of pursuing all matters to the full extent of the law.

From myself and every member of the Lapland New Forest Team to ALL of our valued customers and incredible team players that contributed so much to our honourable enterprise - we look forward to reaching a clear and satisfactory conclusion as soon as is possble.

Victor Mears
Director of Lapland New Forest Ltd.

Update: 3rd December 2008
Alton Towers are offering free tickets to those affected:

The Staffordshire resort says it will admit up to 1,500 people to its festive event on Saturday December 13.
Families hoping to claim the free tickets are being told to email [email protected] or call 0871 222 9901

More details here:
https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article5280970.ece

ADDED:
RE: Lapland West Midlands (discussion start on page 37)

Quote from Staffs county council: https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/news/laplandthink.htm

https://www.laplandwestmidlands.co.uk/ said:
URGENT NOTICE

Lapland West Midlands

Due to bad publicity and lack of ticket sales, we regret that Lapland West Midlands will not be opening as planned on 6th December 2008 and the event has been cancelled.

All tickets purchased will be REFUNDED IN FULL. If you wish to contact us on this matter, please send your email to [email protected]

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7767748.stm said:
A council has warned people to "think carefully" about attending a planned Lapland-style attraction in Staffordshire.

Lapland West Midlands, which is to open near Essington on Saturday, promises "an enchanting experience" including real huskies, reindeer and an ice show.

But Staffordshire County Council said it was "extremely concerned" about the event and that promises would go unmet.

https://www.expressandstar.com/2008/12/05/lapland-west-midlands-prepares-for-opening/4/ said:
Today co-organiser Jimmy James insisted he had council permission – a claim vehemently denied by South Staffordshire Council.

Please note that comments made on this thread are views of the poster and not of BabyandBump or its owners.
Other tags: [h2]lapland new forest[/h2], [h2]new forest lapland[/h2], [h2]reviews[/h2], [h2]new forest santa's grotto[/h2], [h2]laplandwestmidlands[/h2], [h2]lapland west midlands[/h2]

Hi I've just joined as I found this forum when searching for info on New Forest Lapland.

We're tempted to go as it does look good but I've never heard of it before so I think it's new this year. I've checked the company name at Companies House & there are no filed accounts and the company was first registered in August this year, so not sure whether to book or not........if I do I'll make sure I do it by credit card.

Has anyone else heard of them?

I've only just heard of this and it sounds like it would be amazing..

i want to go :hissy: :)

Thank god somebody out there that knows what im talking about :lol:
Well i did have a feeling it was new only as i cant find anything online about it.
It looks great and i love all the hype for x-mas so this would just be perfect.

But the price is abit .. steep if its not that good!
It says you need to book early so as not to miss out later , im still in two minds though. As since its the first year what if its rubbish?

Hello All, I found this forum via Google, and also thought that Lapland was iffy. to cut a long story short, I Email Dorset council. who forwarded it onto the trading standards, this is their reply:

Thank you for your recent email.
I am aware of a planning application for this event which is being
actioned by East Dorset County Council. One of the applicants is a
director of Matchams Leisure Park which is where, assuming the application
is successful and the event goes ahead, it will be held. I am afraid I
have no further information about the proposed venture.
I hope the above information is of some help.

£25 for laplandnewforest seems a bargain to me. If they do in the forest what i have seen them do in their garden centre at xmas time then this i cant wait to see. We're booking tomorrow. I think midweek will be a better option though as the weekends will be very busy there.

£25 for laplandnewforest seems a bargain to me. If they do in the forest what i have seen them do in their garden centre at xmas time then this i cant wait to see. We're booking tomorrow. I think midweek will be a better option though as the weekends will be very busy there.

Yes but that doesnt include food, drinks , skate rink you would think for £30 each ( £25 if family of 4 or more) some things would be free??

And because its a new thing im very wary of it, expecially as someone has mentioned above about what the council has replied to them with.

If its any good im sure they will be flooded with reviews then i will deffenity do it next year!

Thank you for the thanks ( if thats right)
But I am still not convinced. after some more googling, I found an newpaper online saying:

A WINTER wonderland has been promised for Matchams Park this Christmas.

Nine log cabins, an outdoor ice rink, and giant inflatable slides are some of the attractions planned for an area of land next to the Hurn Road raceway.

Animals “from reindeer to rabbits”, special effects, and “elves” to lead visitors from a 1,300-capacity car park to Santa Claus are also mentioned in a planning application submitted to East Dorset District Council.

Hot and cold seasonal food will be available to visitors, say the applicants, who promise a bustling Christmas market.

The application has been made by Matchams (South Coast) Ltd, which hopes to attract 3,000 visitors a day to the park between November 28 and December 24.

Tickets for the Christmas park will cost £30 for individuals and £25 each for members of family parties, with applicants expecting visits to last between four and six hours.

People living in nearby Matchams Close have been kept informed of the plans by their residents' association, say the applicants. Environment watchdog Natural England and St Leonards and St Ives Parish Council are among those invited by the district to have their say.

An application for a temporary change of use for an area of the park from a facility for motorsport is expected to go before district planners on November 4.

---------------

So, what happens if they dont get the go ahead?

exactly ;) thats why i am going to hold onto my money and go next year if this year really goes well.
Im not convinced for that type of money that there really is alot to do!
We will see i supose!

Is this actually in the new forest? Cos i only live a few mins away? XXX

I'm trying to think of some kids i can borrow for the day :rofl:

I went to the one in Kent last year and as before it's pretty much all sold out. This year they are charging £75 a ticket!! I have just been on the New Forest website and theres no problem booking a ticket even the weekend before Christmas.
I reckon they'll go bust because no one trusts their money in these troubled times. Hope I'm wrong though, it's such a good idea and Kent was a blast.

I'm trying to think of some kids i can borrow for the day :rofl:

TBH if i knew it was good then i'd go with my OH even if i didnt have kids :lol: !
Its just theres a 'is there isnt there' happening and i dont want to lose out on money.

I have heard great reviews from kent lapland but as this is the first time im alittle weary.

i would be very annoyed if it was amazing :lol: and i didnt go! But then thats a chance you got to take. Im just going to wait for some reviews!

Pay on ur credit card then u have security to get the money back thro ur credit card company. XXX

I have registered on this forum just to back-up on some points.

This is event is 100% going ahead. A huge sum of money has been imputted into this project - enough to confirm they will not cancel the event.

I am looking to be attending with my team this year as Roaming Photographers and I am in constant contact with Directors of the event - I am assured the event is happening, and you will not loose your money.

I hope this settles some minds, and it will be a great day out I am sure. I have full trust in this event and I am spending over £300 a weekend to come down and work as a photographer - We are coming down for four weekends.

Sounds great girls sounds like it would be a fanastic day and amazing for the kids and the (Adults) :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->