Lapland New Forest (and Lapland West Midlands) Reviews & Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooo sounds fun! Hope you guys enjoy it!

I wana go to the real lapland :D Planning to take Kyle when hes 5-6 :D

Hello all I have just come back from lapland and it was amazing. I got there at 130 and it was a stunning, especially as got little darker as you the lights are more affective. I would say the later you go the better as then you get the full benefit of the lights etc and the presents from father chritsmas far exceeded my expectations.

Hello all I have just come back from lapland and it was amazing. I got there at 130 and it was a stunning, especially as got little darker as you the lights are more affective. I would say the later you go the better as then you get the full benefit of the lights etc and the presents from father chritsmas far exceeded my expectations.

Funny thing is though that it starts tomorrow ;)

Hi,did you go to lapland new forest or lapland kent,

been to lap land new forest today and my children had the time of there lives it was magical real live animals wonderful tunnel of light great present from santa the food is better and more reasonable in the funfair side all except the lovely german sausages in the wonderland near santas grotto they are awesome the icerink is reasonable at £5 for one hour my tip is get ther about 3 just before it gets dark and eat in the funfair the doughnuts were great

Don't go. It's a complete scam. We've just returned feeling utterly conned and dissappointed. Absolutely nothing like it purports to be. Turns out to be an extension of the fairground and run by the same. Took us 10 mintues to get round and the content was laughable - only we didn't laugh because it cost us £125 for 5 of us. The nativity scene was a painted board in the middle of a gravelled field propped up on some kind of scaffolding. The 'elves' were dressed in shabby costumes and didn't look like the sort who would endear themselves to children. In fact, they looked more like they hadn't showered for a week and would ask you to shout if you wanted to go faster (if you know what I'm saying!). There was a pen containing howling huskies, a couple of chained reindeer, and a couple of other animals. We didn't even hang around to see what 'tat' Father Xmas was handing out. We met several people in the car park who felt exactly the same and were completely disgusted. Don't waste your time or money.

We just got back from this scam! It was the BIGGEST waste of money I have ever had the misfortune of spending. There is not a great deal of snow and only the trees in the area are snow covered. The area itself is small about a football pitch. The tunnel of lights is just some xmas lights strung across the trees for about 50ft. There is little shelter if it rains. There are several burger / fast food stalls. The fun fair is outside of lapland and you get a hand stamp to come back in. The rides cost between £1.50 - £2.50.
The queues for santa were a joke with typical waits of about 2 hrs out in the cold and wet. You can't take photos yourself and they charge £10 for one of their photos. We had seen and done everything in about 40 mins and were totally unimpressed. The huskies are in a pen though there were one or two on leashes to stroke. Save your money, everyone we spoke to was disgusted and were complaining of being conned. Oh, and the ice rink was closed and we were told wouldn't be open until 9pm.

Do not go. We went today and my son was so upset he cried for most of the time (and he's 8!) At bedtime he said it was terrible and an awful day.

This was our Xmas present from my Dad. I now have to tell him that we didn't enjoy it.

If you have tickets, try and get a refund any way you can. I shall be contacting Trading Standards and Watchdog. Words can not express my feelings at the end of what was meant to be a magical day.

nic

OMG really i bought tickets, can i get my money back then?

We went yesterday, 4 adults and my little girl...complete waste of money and very, very disappointing would NOT recommend it to anyone...words can not describe how terrible it was!!!!

Blimey!

Im glad we didnt book the tickets!! As we were going to !

DaisyDuke I hope that you can get a refund!

some differences of opinion !!! - one person saying great, and everyone else saying load of rubbish.

question is should we go tomorrow and risk the disappointment? or try and claim a refund (although not sure you can beforehand).

I have just spoken to cc company and said about the apparent 'con' - they said you'd have to go and note the details from what the web site claims you get and what you actually get, they can then investigate the claim of mis-selling. i.e not doing what it says on the tin

any comments?

bh

Does anyone else think it's a strange that today there have been 4 posts slagging off new forest lapland, and all 4 have only ever made that 1 post on bnb?

so why post bad press - unless you are the competition?

if you are the organisers you'd be singing its praises to get people to go

think we need to go and see - the only reason I've posted is because i googled a review search and you guys come up

Bh u didn't post a bad review? I have no idea why someone would, maybe something against the people running it, it just seems weird that's all i'm saying. Are u going tomorrow?

yep - going tomorrow 4 and 8 year olds in tow

catch 22 now -

are you going then?

looked up the kent one - its £340 for 4, so it was never going to be in the same league, perhaps people are expecting too much, but queuing for 2 hours and then not seeing the big guy?

done paultons for peppa pig and queued for 50 mins, no obligation to buy photo and you could take your own

so what are you going to do? - or are you hoping in 3 weeks time they've sorted out the issues?

I went to lapland New Forest today with my husband and six year old. The worst value for money £90 I have ever spent. DON.T GO!!! unless you want the following - 2 hour wait for father xmas (we gave up after an hour), the "bustling" market was a few tatty stalls, food was overpriced at £10 for a few greasy cips and a coupel of tasteless hot dogs), the skating rink was nto working (at least this saved us £5 each in skate hire) and the onlyy entertainment besides a couple of basic small children activities was at the fais at additional cost. I can only assume that the person who apparently thought the event was good is a member of the rip off company staging the event. Trading Standards and local paper here i come.

can i ask you what time you got there

did you queue to get in?

do we assume you got a gift for each of yours and what was it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.