Late first prenatal appointment???

nicem815

Reaction score
I am clearly having a rough morning. I keep getting "no"s everywhere I turn!

I can't be on my husband's insurance until my birth certificate came in(I already tried ordering with one failed attempt because we just moved out of state and don't have documents with our new address), made a second attempt today.

I can't see my doctor until I get that said insurance.

I can't go to the CLINIC until I get the copy of the questionnaire done by a free clinic I went to....they are closed today.

So, if anything.....I am now 10 weeks pregnant with no idea of when they will let me get my first prenatal visit.

Please help! I only had an ultrasound at 6 weeks to see what was happening and everything looked okay. I am on prenatals...no issues noted.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm freaking out.

First of all, relax. Deep breaths. :hugs:

Many places don't even want to start seeing people until 10-12 weeks so I wouldn't really be too worried. My original OB wouldn't see me until 10-12 weeks which is one of the reasons I switched. New OB does the first appointment and ultrasound at 8 weeks.

You have already had an ultrasound, which is more than a lot of women. If everything was good and on track and you're on prenatals there really isn't much else they can do if you did have an appointment except maybe another ultrasound depending on when your OB does them.

I know the wait is tough, but I'm sure it will all work out.

take a deep breath and count to 10. It will all be okay. I know it can seem overwhelming when so many things are frustrating all at once but it will all work out. Like the PP said, you typically don't see your doctor for the first time until after 10 weeks. As long as you are taking your prenatals and haven't had any issues to cause concern (bleeding etc) then there is no need to worry! Get your questionnaire once the office is open. I would go to the clinic for a 10 week check for your peace of mind. At this stage, you usually get seen every 4 weeks. If you can make it into the clinic once (where they will listen to the HB) and then get your insurance sorted in the next month, you will still be on track for appointments at your OB. :hugs: just breath momma and try not to stress!

Thank you ladies so much!! That makes me feel a lot better. I just have so much craziness right now and the only thing I am mainly concerned about is making sure my baby is healthy so I'm trying to just be patient, get all of my documents and continue being healthy and happy until I get checked (and after!)

Thank you all <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->