Late miscarriage- how do I know when it's started

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
So I found out on Friday at my 20 week scan that my baby had died at 15/16 weeks. I kind of knew.

They told me to come back for the first tablet then 48 hours later to be induced. I decided Monday would be best for the first tablet so I could sort the kids out and spend a weekend with them.

But all weekend Iv had cramping which is gradually getting worse, Iv been up a lot of the night in pain with the cramps which is like really heavy period pain and had brown when I wipe along with some stringy mucus (tmi 😔)

But how do I know it's gona happen? I had planned to go the shops today to buy my pjs for delivery and the necessary stuff for afterwards but not if its going to start. I know I can take paracetamol for the pain but it's horrible. How do I know it's not contractions starting already?

And if it's already starting do i still need that first tablet?

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I would call the hospital, they might want you to come in sooner, hopefully you won't need misoprostol/ mifepristone but you will need to be observed to make sure everything is complete and you don't have excessive blood loss.

They may offer the medication to help with the process though, it really depends on what your body is doing.

I would call the hospital, in case your pains turn into full blown contractions. I miscarried naturally at 8&4 (after taking medication) and it was fine for a day, then no bleeding and then two weeks later suddenly started having awful pains and very heavy bleeding. Never expected this would happen two weeks later :(

Very sorry for your loss and hope it all goes ok on the physical side and that you start to heal emotionally too. Big hugs xxx

At 15/16 weeks you really do need to get to the hopital if you feel you are having contractions. They will be able to check you over to see if your cervix is open. I know past 14 weeks it's generally advised to deliver in hopital and I wouldn't take the risk of delivering at home. I lost my daughter at 19 weeks and once labour starts it can progress quickly. I really hope your ok, no matter wether you are prepared for it or not it's still a very hard thing to deal with. I hope you have people round you to support you through this difficult time. Thinking of you and your angel, hugs xx

Thank you, I called the hospital and the contractions got really regular, every 2 mins lasting a minute and getting painful they asked me to go in when ready so I sorted the kids out and went in but by then the contractions had stopped!

They gave me the first tablet to ripen the cervix (can't remember what it was called) observed me for an hour and let me go to come back if it got worse or on Tuesday if not.

Walked around a few shops and they started again getting worse, got home to get stuff and went to the toilet to a tissue of bloody mucus then they stopped again, completely ��

I'm either waiting for it to start again or going in Tuesday morning but I hope I'm not up all night again I'm so tired! The hospital said they could check me but as I wasn't having pains I could just wait which is what I chose x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->