• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

I did it.........! I finally went into a bridal shop AND tried some dresses on :happydance:

Our trip was cut short unfortunately as I was with my mum and sister and my sisters OH isn't well so she had to come back and pick her little boys up. :nope:

BUT I did try 4 dresses and I have fallen in love with one of them so much I didn't want to take it off. The woman in the shop was sooo nice, I told her I was a little bit body conscious (sp) since having my LO and she made me feel totally at ease. She let me go round the shop and pick a few gowns and then she asked if she could pick one for me to try and I said yes. I think we all know how this story goes don't we??? It was the dress that she chose that I loved! Its so beautiful and flattering and it has the princessy look but not too OTT. I liked the other dresses on the hanger but when I tried them on they just did nothing for me at all. My mum and sister started crying when I came out in THE dress so I feel like I have a winner lol!

The only thing is, I feel like I should keep looking just in case!! I don't want to jump in too soon and order this dress as I have promised my MOH and BM's that I will go dress shopping with them too and what if I find another dress?? I have always been worried that I wouldn't have that moment when you KNOW you have found the dress and I think I have had it with this dress. Is it possible to feel that way about more than one dress?

x

I think if you've found THE dress then you should stop looking! I thought the same as you - if I'd found my dream dress did I want to go out to potentially find another dream dress?

ultimately it's up to you of course :) If you don't wanna go and find another dress with MOH and BM's you could take them back to the dress shop to show them the dress you love? Just a suggestion :flow: xx

Yeah I thought of that but I am 250 miles away from home visiting my family in Poole and thats where I have found the dress. I just looked online and its not really a big name designer so I am not sure if I will be able to find it anywhere else!

Its just that its a lot more 'traditional' than I thought I wanted and I love it. I don't wanna pay the 50% deposit and then change my mind!! Oh man, why did I have to fall for a dress in the first shop I went to? I am such an easy lay haha!!

x

I would have another gander- even if a shopping trip doesn't amount to anything, you still gave it one last chance, and surely no other dress comparing to THE dress will mean that its deffo the one. On the other hand, you could turn out to be like me, I've been planning my wedding for over 3 years and I've confused myself so much, about an hour ago I started to panic about my whole dress/ look everything! ...Still a bit confused :dohh:

Hmm that is a pickle!

Have a look round some shops with your MOH then and like honeybee said, if that is THE dress no other one is going to compare :) xx

Yeah I think I will. We did go into another shop today but every dress I looked at I just thought 'its not as nice as THE dress' so I never even tried any on! I will look again just to make sure!

X

Hmm that is a pickle!

Have a look round some shops with your MOH then and like honeybee said, if that is THE dress no other one is going to compare :) xx

I'll second this :D

Sorry I've been awol recently, but loving all the updates :happydance:

Thanks Emmy! Where have you been madam???

On another note, I'm getting married a year today!!!!!! Whoooooooooooop!!!!!!!

That is all.

X

Things have been super duper manic, stuff going on at home oh and me and Chris were away for a week too :dohh:

:wohoo: sooooo exciting, 1 year to go

I know :dance: I can finally say its less than a year away after today!

The only downside is the bloody weather! Its so grim outside considering its June :nope: We booked the wedding this time last year and I said to Liam "16th June will be lovely, the weather is ALWAYS nice on my birthday". Thats just come back to bite me in the ass!!

Fingers crossed for some sunshine this time next year!!

x

We got the proofs for our wedding stationary yesterday :happydance: Had to make a few grammatical changes but other than that they are fab! We should have them this week and then I can FINALLY send the save the dates :thumbup:

I need to make some more plans for dress shopping part two! THE dress is still my number one fave but I feel like I need to get out there and flirt with a few more before I commit myself! There was a lady selling THE dress on eBay for £75 (used) but it had some make up stains on it that were 'noticeable', she insisted they would come out with a dry clean but I was worried about paying £75 for the dress, £90 for a dry clean and then the stains not coming out which would leave me £165 out of pocket and then have to pay £850 for the dress! :nope: I also feel like I would be robbing myself of the whole wedding dress shopping/trying on experience, I am only going to get to do this once and I have decided I am going to do it properly. I want a new dress that noone else has walked down the aisle in lol!

On another note, I am going to see that new film 'Bridesmaids' with one of my bridesmaids on Sunday (see what I did there :haha: )

x

I'm doing that too, going to drag one of my bridesmaids to come and see it with me too :haha:

:wohoo: yay for the wedding stationery and being able to send the save the dates

And as for dress shopping hun, I'd go and try some more on, as you say flirt with a few more dresses, and then if you're still set on this dress then go for it and buy it hun :flower:

Just realised I forgot to upload the pics my sister took of me in THE dress!

Time to give your honest opinions ladies....

(excuse the hair and face lol - we got caught in the rain on our way in)

Attachments

• Dress1.jpg
    Dress1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Dress2.jpg
    Dress2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Dress3.jpg
    Dress3.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 25
omgggggggggggggggggggg :cloud9:

you look amazing hun. you look soooooo happy in that dress and it shines through :happydance:

Beautiful dress hun, Em's right, the fact that you're so smiley and happy really does show thru and makes it even more gorgeous :thumbup:

Thanks ladies! I fell in love as soon as I put it on! I think shopping for other dresses is pointless as I know this is the one but I'm going to do it anyway lol! The dress I tried on was a size 16 which is what I am now but hopefully I will be down to a size 14 when it gets ordered (Sept/Oct).

x

I keep looking at that picture and trying to figure out what on earth you were worried about with your figure!!!! :hugs: You look BEAUTIFUL in those pictures!!!!! Love love love the dress :cloud9: Its gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->