• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

I wish I did Emmy but I really don't know anyone who I would trust with our wedding photos. Actually, one of my ex boyfs was a bit of an amateur photographer - maybe he could do it :rofl:

You are way organised Chloe, I see your thread and it gives me a kick up the butt lol!

x

Sooooooo another problem from me lol!

We have got all of our wedding stationary and I am DYING to send out our Save The Dates but I don't know if I am ready to commit to a final guest list yet! Like we have a rough idea of who we are inviting but there are some people with a ??? next to their name as we are unsure whether they would be daytime or evening guests!

Do I have to bite the bullet and make some decisions?? It seems so harsh lol!

x

I think if you mull it over for another month hun, and then maybe it might be time to make some decisions?

i think save the dates are ok whether they are day or evening guests, as long as u know they will be there at some point iykwim? then make up ur mind later?

I agree with Nuke that the can be day or evening save the dates, but I think as a guest, if I received a save the date card, I'd automatically assume I was going to the day part! lol

xx

^^but then if they get a formal invitation later, to just the reception, itd be sorted!

Yep I did actually think that you only sent Save The Dates to daytime guests, is that not the case?

x

Are you going to send yours out to everyone then Emmy? Like Chloe said, if I got a Save The Date for a wedding I would assume I was invited to the daytime too. And come to think of it, I have never had a Save The Date for any weddings where I have been an evening guest. Although that could just be because not everyone actually sends them!

Oh decisions decisions....

I have been moaning for weeks about getting the Wedding Stationary and I finally got it over a week ago and haven't done anything with it. I am so not ready to decide which guests are going to make the cut to attend the daytime, tis very harsh!!

x

See the thing is with us that we're only doing the evening buffet so as long as the guest list doesn't exceed 130 then everyone is going to be getting a save the date magnet :thumbup:

I've had to make some tough choices, it really isn't easy is it?

Its really is difficult! We are having 70 in the day and 110 in the night and as we are paying by the head for both then we can't really afford to go over! I'm just going to have to do a list and stick to it!

I think I'm just going to send the Save The Dates to the day guests though, I don't want to upset anyone by giving someone the impression they are invited to the day!

Damn wedding politics!!

X

They get worse as you get closer to the day too, unfortunately. :(

Massive hugs! :hugs:

Thanks Tiff, this is the first thing I am really struggling with. OH and I have agreed to split the guest list down the middle so that he chooses half and I choose half but 35 people from my family and friends at my wedding in the daytime just seems like hardly anything!! We simply just cant afford to invite more as we would have to request the bigger reception room and they have a minimum number policy which we can't really meet!

Boo frickin hoo!!

x

I have given up on my guest list for a while! I definately think it's the most stressful part of planning a wedding!

It really is!! I'm being a bit childish too and am sayin 'well so and so only invited us to their evening reception so I'm only inviting them to our evening reception' haha! I am also doing the guest list with the seating plan at the back of my mind and thinking if I invite such and such then who would I sit them with!! Oh dear lord I'm losing the plot! My wedding is full off so and so and such and such lol!!

X

Mines the same! This girl at work who I thought I was good friends with, didn't invite me to her hen do and I was like 'well she's not coming on mine!' :haha:

I would only send a save the date card to the day guests unless you had seperate ones stating to keep the evening of such a date free iygwim.

If people get a save the date they may book a day off work only to find out they needn't have as they could of gone to the reception after work kinda thing?

Good luck with the guestlist!

I've been wanting to be the same leash, like Chris' cousin didn't invite us to her ceremony so I'm thinking why should I invite her? But he said if we're inviting his other cousins then she's on the guest list too :rofl:

Its amazing how being a bride can make you crazy isnt it? I am really good friends with a girl I used to work with in Liverpool and she is getting married in 6 weeks and we still havent had an invite. She got engaged a few weeks after me and we were both planning to get married this year, we were talking dresses, flowers and everything and now no fricking invite!! How rude! She is defo off my list now, not that I have a real list since I keep screwing it up and throwing it at the wall lol!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->