Leash and Liam's Big Day

I've decided I am going to make the final cut this weekend! My mum is coming to visit on Sunday so if I can get the Save The Dates ready then she can take them back home for my brothers and sister, that way I will save on postage lol!!

Wish me luck!!

X

Good luck :thumbup: Hope your mum can help you to sort them out :D

Hey girls!

My B&B time has been dramatically reduced since I had to come back to stupid work!!! I miss my freedom lol!

We have a kind of final list so far! I have wrote out the Save The Dates for the people we know we are definitely inviting so that's done but then we have about 10 places left on the daytime guest list and we can't decide who to invite! Its a kind of 'we can't invite them without inviting them too' if you know what I mean?? Like I have 7 cousins on my mums side and I only want to invite 2 or 3 of them but there will be uproar if I do that so I either have to invite them all or none of them which sucks! I know its my day and I can do what I like but I don't want to cause any bad feeling between my mum and her brothers and sister iykwim?

But the main thing is we have decided on 60 of our 70 day guests so that's progress isn't it lol!!

X

That's huge progress! I know what you mean about the people you want to invite but can't invite them without inviting someon else - frustrating isn't it!! xx

That's brilliant progress hun :thumbup:

I have no idea what to suggest about the cousins, hope you figure something out :hugs: But try remember it's yours and oh's day so have it how you want :flower:

Amazing progress sweetie! We had such a similar battle when it came to our guests... if my parents had their way it would have been all their friends and we might have been able to have a few of our own. :haha:

Its good practice though for the harder stuff later on down the line. At the end of the day, its your wedding and people are going to have to understand that (to a certain degree). Its so hard trying to find the right balance between protocol/ettiqutte and the thought of "its MY wedding! I want to do what WE want to do".

I'm in a similar sort of hell atm. I feel your pain!!!!! :haha:

Yeah I am quite proud of myself and I am so excited to send them out lol! I am going to leave the rest of the guest list on hold for now I think, its too stressful and its spoiling my happy weddingy vibes!!

I am going to focus on finding a photographer next, I keep putting it off because the ones we have contacted so far have been useless lol! Now that MIL has offered to pay (up to £1000) towards it, we can afford to look at some in a higher price bracket I suppose. I just want to make sure what we are getting is 100% worth what we pay if that makes sense!

x

It makes complete and utter sense hun :thumbup:

Hope you find someone soon hun :hugs:

I am about to begin the search lol. I have got a couple of hours before I have to go to work so gonna browse online. The problem is, I wanna see their album and the quality of their work but I don't wanna waste time going to meet them and finding I dont like them! Is that lazy?? Its just that we have already done this twice and thats why I gave up for a while!!

x

Maybe find some that have a gallery on their website? They should have a sample few! xx

yeah, normally they have a selection of their photos online :thumbup:

that's what made me get in touch with my photographer, the fact that I liked her work I saw on her website, and then she sent me a link to her online gallery :D

Two pieces of Wedding news from me today! One is good and one totally sucks!!

The good news first - I have booked our appointment with the Registrar so we can give notice of marriage! Its 9.45am on 19th August! OH and I have booked the day off work so we are going to have a nice lunch afterwards and maybe do some wedding things, like look for my Wedding ring lol! I'm v excited!!

And the bad news....we have had an email from our venue to let us know they have taken another booking for the same day!! Booooooo!! We always knew this could happen as its quite a big venue and they have 2 ceremony rooms and 2 reception rooms etc and they tend to get booked solid during the summer! I guess I was just hoping that it may not happen ;-( I spoke to them just over a month ago and they hadn't made a booking yet so I got excited!! They had an open day yesterday so someone must have been, fell in love with it and booked the same as we did last year!

So now they have asked us if we can provide a brief running order for the day so that they can sort details for the other wedding! As we booked first, we sort of have priority of timings etc and since we are getting married at 11am, I am thinking something along the lines of this - let me know what you think;

11am - Ceremony
11.30am - 1.15pm - Photos, Drinks and Canapes (in the gardens, weather permitting)
1.15pm - 1.30pm - Line Up
1.30pm - 5pm - Wedding Breakfast, Speeches etc
6.30pm - Evening Reception

Its only a rough guide as I'm still deciding what to do with the gap between day and night as its quite long. Fortunately, a lot of our guests have booked to stay at the venue so they will have rooms to go freshen up etc and there will be a bar for people to get drinks, there are gardens and then behind the castle there is a beach! My concern is that if the weather is grim (like its been this year) will I need more entertainment? There aren't many children so that shouldn't be an issue but I mean for adults?? I suppose I weren't too worried until now as I kind of have to make these decisions soon really so I can let the venue know. They have assured us that they have 2 separate teams of staff for each wedding and it will all be very discreet so our timings won't overlap and our guests won't cross paths but I still feel a bit sad about sharing!!

Am I being a brat??

X

Oh hun ... even though you knew it was a possibility, it doesn't make it any easier, I would have got my hopes up too ... and NO I don't think you're being a brat at all :hugs:

As for the wedding timings they look ok to me ... I'm sure your guests will find things to keep themselves entertained with while waiting for the evening reception to start :flower:

Aw I don't think you're being a brat! It's only natural to want the day all to yourself - I'd be a gutted if I had to share my venue as well! But if your wedding party doesnt meet with the other one, you can put it to the back of your mind and enjoy your day :hugs: xx

I could not get married where someone else was. The day is about me-and my guests checking out the other bride and comparing is not what I want on my big day so your not being a brat at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->