• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

I agree with Smile and HB! I'd be furious if there was another wedding party at our venue!

I think I just have to make peace with the idea really and try not to let it get me down. Its my dream venue and I love it so much I cannot imagine getting married anywhere else. Its just unfortunate that we couldn't afford to hire out the whole place (it would cost 20k upwards!!) I was also well aware that this could happen when we booked and since we are getting married in the middle of June, it was to be expected really that they would take another booking.

The Wedding team have assured us that our paths will not cross, hence the need for us to give our schedule first so they can work around what we want. The reception rooms are on separate floors at either end of the castle so our guests will be nowhere near each other. I am not sure what time the other couple are getting married but we booked our registrar a few months ago and they only had one appointment left and it was for 3.30pm so I am guessing that may be what they end up getting. That is of course if that was still available. We are getting married at 11am so we will be seated for our wedding breakfast before their guests even arrive.

Its not ideal but I don't want to let it spoil my plans, I wouldn't trade the venue for anywhere else so its the price I have to pay.

x

:hugs: I think you're being very understanding about it all ...

Are there any other plans / decisions that you've made?

Not really, this has kind of thrown me off track a little to be honest lol!

I have sent out the Save The Dates though :happydance: and we have been given another contribution towards the fund (£500 to be exact) so we are considering having a string quartet now. It was something Liam really liked when we went to a Wedding Fayre but they are super expensive so we decided against it. I have looked at our budget and with the extra £500 we may be able to afford it :thumbup: The total wedding cost does seem to be spiralling upwards every time I look at the budget :dohh:

x

Oooohhhh that's fantastic news if you'll be able to afford a string quartet :happydance:

Yep I hope we can. OH would really like it and since I kinda take the lead on the wedding planning, it would be nice to have something he wants lol.

x

Awwwww yeah ... would you be keeping it a surprise from him or would you tell him if you were able to book them?

I know how you feel about the budget!

Our budget was 4k, then it was 6 and now its come to about 7!

We did VERY well though considering we had a smallish budget x

Awww hun, I'm so sorry about your venue!

You aren't being a brat at all, I would feel the same. The only vindication being that since you booked first, you guys are first priority. As it should be!

Thanks girls! I'm accepting it now, got far too much still to do be dwell on it any longer! We have the honeymoon suite and I've booked the bridal suite for the night before for me and the BM's so I've got everything I wanted so far!

HB - I just can't seem to reign the budget in! We started off aiming for 10k but its kind of heading towards 12k now! Luckily, that's partly because some family have given us money towards it and since we had planned to fund it all ourselves, we have decided to use the extra money to pay for things we couldn't originally afford! I have always said I'd never spend a ridiculous amount of money on a wedding but I feel like I'm dangerously close to that territory at the moment!

X

12k wooooow! That is alot of money! MrHB would go spare if I spent that much!

Mind you...I can dream....

If I had an extra 5 k (which you have more than me) I'd invite another 50 people and have champage and canapes, a jazz band, a longer wedding, a bouncy castle, evening food, I'd buy all my bm's and best men outfits and pay for them and my mum to have their hair and make up done.

Its such a lot of money isn't it? Some days I look at what we have spent/are spending and I am shocked! Its nice that we can afford to have all the things that we want and we both have well paid jobs and we work hard so I think 'well we deserve it'. BUT i just think of all the other things we could have spent that much money on. I don't want to use the word waste because its our wedding and its important but I do think there are things we don't necessarily 'need' so it seems wasteful if that makes sense??

I've pretty much used the 'extra' money on all the things you said you would use it for really! Except the bouncy castle lol!

Buggering off abroad would have been so much cheaper!!!!

X

I know! I can't believe I've finally done it!!!

In other news, Liams ring cannot be resized :-( We bought it last month and as they never had his size they told us it can be resized and now they have sent it off and decided that due to the setting of the diamonds in it they can't do it! So we have got to get a refund and start all over again! Booo!

X

Ohhhhh no :( hope you can find another equally brilliant ring for Liam :flower:

Oh that sucks :( Fingers crossed you find another amazing one! xx

Yep it sucks! I feel so sorry for him coz he really liked it too! Never mind!

Its not been a good week for wedding plans so far lol!

X

stalking :D will sit and have a proper read through this evening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->