• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

No you don't! You are v positive missus!!

I think I am just having a bad week, it all seems to be going wrong and I need to reign it back in! I am making a 'Very Important Things To Do' list lol!

These include:

- Find Photographer (yep, still havent got one)
- Arrange dress shopping (yep, still havent been)
- Return OH's ring for refund and start looking again
- Stop eating junk food and start exercising AGAIN.

Seems like a complrehensive list to me lol!!

x

Looks like a good list! You need to get onto the dress and photographer though! Make some appointments with local bridal shops, and try on loads of different styles until you can't stand the sight of dresses :haha: xxx

list looks very good for 10 months to go hunny xx

I do have a few other things on the list but these are the biggest things I need to tick off so far! The rest I can do as and when I get round to it I think!

I am glad I got quite a lot done whilst I was on Maternity leave as its so hard finding time to trawl websites etc for things when I am working full time and looking after Max when I am home lol!

x

Here's some photographer links for you hun :hugs: you've probably come across these before lol, but thought I'd give it a shot for you :D

https://www.howardbarnettphotography.co.uk/

https://www.philinglephotography.co.uk/Wedding photographer price list.html

https://www.davidasherphotography.co.uk/

Get searching for bridal boutiques / shops in your area and as Smile says, get some appointments booked and try loads and loads of dresses on until you the one :cloud9:

As for the weight loss hun, I was having major trouble last week, but what I've done is found one healthy thing that I really like and made variations of that so it doesn't get boring :thumbup: I'm dragging Chris out to do a food shop later, maybe you and oh could do that so you can stock up on healthy food?

Also, when can you next be able to drop the ring off and get the refund? If you have an idea what you can do for all of the things on your list or when you can do them, maybe that will help you to feel better about it all? :flower:

:hugs: hun, I totally know how you feel. I had a really awful week this past week too, felt like all I did was whine in my journal! However, that's what these are for and no one here ever minds a bit. :flower:

List looks great! Sorry to hear about the ring not being able to be resized. :(

What would I do without you ladies??

Thanks Emmy, I'm going to check them out when I get home from work. I have seen a few photographers that I like but I really want to go meet with them first and see the quality of the albums etc I'm so fussy I don't want to book just from the website if you know what I mean?

Tiff - its a good job moaning is allowed or I would be banned by now lol! I am trying to keep positive but its like one thing after another! The venue have emailed today and told us the times for the other couple and they have told us the gardens will be 'out of bounds' for our guests between 4.30pm and 6.30pm as they will be having the photos done then, in fact the way its worded it sounds like they want us to keep all our guests in the reception room for over 4 hours! Its ridiculous! I discussed this with them when we changed the wedding time to 11am and I expressed concern about the gap between daytime and night and they assured me there would be plenty to keep my guests entertained. Now its sounds like we are being held prisoner! Ok, that's a bit dramatic but its how it feels! We have emailed them back and asked for clarification on this because there is no way I'm keeping them all in one room that long!! We have paid them £6000 and this is how they expect our wedding to go - I don't think so!!!

Rant over! Sorry girls, just having a bad day...again!

X

Let us know what they say when they email you back! That would be so unfair to keep your guests in a reception room for 4 hours! You booked your wedding there first, so you should have priority over the other wedding (as harsh as that sounds!)...that's really unprofessional of them to take all of that money off you, and then not give you what you want! xx

I am in a much less emotional frame of mind today lol! Decided its time to be practical.... :thumbup:

Well after this final rant of course (I have put it as a Spoiler for those who are sick of hearing me complain lol) :dohh:

So we are waiting for a reply to the email from yesterday to clarify exactly what they mean. I forgot to mention, she also suggested that we 'consider' having our ceremony at 1pm as the timings would run a lot smoother!! Hello you stupid, ignorant woman - do you think we wanted to get married at 11am?? We were originally supposed to get married at 1pm but there are NO registrars available and we have already told them this in May when we discussed changing their plans and their repsonse was 'its no problem to have the ceremony at 11am, there will be plenty for your guests to do during the break - we have the gardens and the beach aswell as the bar and lounge areas'. They also said that as ours was the first booking, any future bookings would be worked around us. Now it seems like she wants us to work around the other wedding. Although she did specify that the other wedding is only provisional at the moment so nothing is confirmed and no deposit has been paid! Is it just me or does this seem totally wrong?? She is asking us to consider rearranging ours plans to fit with a wedding that hasnt even booked yet??? Personally, I think she should have told the other wedding OUR schedule and they should have worked around that - like they originally said!!! Its like they think we are already nailed down so who gives a crap!!!

The icing on the cake is that I called them in June to arrange a meeting with the wedding planner to discuss how I would like our day to run and she said 'oh its far too soon for that, we will arrange that next year at the earliest'. But now they want a frickin detailed time line for everything because it suits them!!

I think what upsets me the most is that they have been so great up til now and everything was going perfectly. I met all the staff last year and spoke to some of the wedding team and it totally sealed the deal for us that it was the right place. :cry:

Depending on the response from the venue, OH and I have discussed looking at other venues and dates - this may mean we can book a registrar at the time we originally wanted too as opposed to accepting what was available. This is my dream venue and I really love it, I will be heartbroken if we have to change it but I am not prepared to compromise so much on the other aspects of our wedding.

We have also considered a destination wedding which was what we originally wanted but were concerned that some of our guests would not be able to afford it. Looking at what we plan to spend on a UK wedding, we could probably afford to get married abroad and fly our BM's, Best Man and some family out too and maybe organise a party when we get back for those who can't make it.

I have got my fingers crossed that we get a positive response from the wedding planner today and that we can keep the dream venue but if not, I will be starting all over again lol!! :nope:

x

Oh hun, I'm sorry the wedding venue people are being such poos! :nope:

You're totally right, it's not fair of them to expect you to change your day around for a wedding that isn't even booked yet! Maybe threaten to take your custom elsewhere, and see if they jump through any hoops then? £6k is a lot of money to lose!

I'm all on board with the destination wedding :haha: but I know how much you want this venue :hugs:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they pull their finger out of their behind and sort out their priorities!! xxx

Thanks Chloe! I am no longer little miss moany pants lol! I have emailed the wedding planner (more like an essay than an email) and told her how I feel. At the end I basically told her I am looking at other venues...and I am!!

I have stumbled across another venue that I never even thought of when we looking at places to get married and I am really liking it.

https://www.harddaysnighthotel.com/

I have already spoken to the wedding planner this morning and she has been really nice. She has emailed me with all the info for weddings and sent me their available dates for June next year. The 16th isnt available but the 9th is and that was what we had originally wanted at first so maybe its a sign??

What do we think??

x

:nope: I'm so sorry your venue are being like this hun. You SHOULDN'T be expected to change your date for a wedding that hasn't even been officially booked, and if they keep this attitude up then I really think you should try and find somewhere else. It really isn't fair on you at all :hugs:

I like the idea of a destination wedding hun, but, if this is your dream wedding destination, then don't give up on it until you hear from the wedding planner / team :flower:

Reading your newest post hun, it sounds like a bit of a sign to me :shock:

:happydance: this new venue looks fab

Leasowe Castle is the dream venue but if they cant give us the dream wedding (how cheesy does that sound) then I need to consider our options and I can't really leave it too long!

I am looking at a few but this one seems really us! I am from Liverpool (I moved to Leeds in 2009) but all my family and friends are there so this would be really relevant to us and it looks amazing!

Oh and I have already clarified that they only have ONE wedding per day lol!!

x

Ohhhh hun, what does your oh think?

If it's really you then I think you should take your business elsewhere :hugs: and the biggest bonus of all, it'll just be your wedding that day, and you can be the centre of attention as you so rightly deserve to be :cloud9:

He really likes it too and the wedding planner has invited us to go and take a look around when its all set up for one of their weddings!

I have just had a reply from Leasowe Castle and the wedding planner is apologetic and says she is passing it over to her manager and he will contact me on Monday so we will go from there I suppose. I have a feeling its going to be difficult to come to a compromise because I am just not prepared to back down on the things I want since they already agreed to it 3 months ago!!

Ah well, I am loving my back up plan lol!!

x

:happydance: that's brill that he really likes it too ... omg I'm really really excited for you now (even more so than before)

Personally, if it were me, I'd go with the new venue! The date you orginally wanted is available, so I would definately take that as a sign! And besides.. you'd be the only wedding party there too! Why should you share your day and venue with someone else? :hugs:

I agree hun - if the original venue is expecting you to comprimise on your day for another couple you don't know then I'd go for the new venue too! xx

Been meaning to update this all week but stupid work has been getting in the way :wacko:

So the manager from the venue called OH on Monday whilst he was at work. When he told him I wasnt with him, he said he wanted to speak to us both together so he would wait until we were both at home that evening and call us then. I was annoyed as I am super impatient and I didnt want to wait all day to speak to him but it made sense for us both to have the opportunity to speak to him and tell him how we felt.

Anyhow, he called us from home that evening and apologised for the way things had been going and how upset it had made me. He said the wedding planner I had been speaking to had worded her emails really badly and didnt explain herself very well at all. The plans we had are still in place and nothing has changed, the only request they have is that we allow the other couple to have their photos taken in private and we dont impose on their space during that time. We are free to use all other facilities whenever we like - bars/lounges/beach etc and our guests will 'under no circumstances' be asked to stay in the reception room unless they choose to! He also went on to say that the other couple still have not confirmed a booking as THEY are working their plans around US, as we booked first and have a contract they have to stick to what we have agreed and work any future bookings around our plans!

I am not sure if she has worded her emails badly or the manager has got a bit worried we would cancel (which we almost did). Whatever it was, it seems to be sorted. We have an appointment to go see him in 2 weeks to put all our plans in writing and have another look around. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my mind and my wedding is back on track. As much as I love this venue (did I mention that enough times lol), I was putting ideas together to start again and I felt drained just thinking about all the work we have done so far going to waste so I am glad we dont have to now!

Yey :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"