• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

Yay :wohoo:

So glad the manager called and it's all sorted :) Fingers crossed he sticks to what he says! xxx

It all seems to be going well again but I am making sure I get it all in writing when we go to see him lol!

I have decided that my journal needs to be more positive, I have dragged it down with all my moaning and groaning so I am going to try and keep it more upbeat and fun from now on. I think I lost a bit of the Wedding excitement for a while but its back in the air now :happydance:

We have found OH another ring that he loves AND they had his size so we have put a big tick in the box there. It was so important to me that he got the ring he wanted as he rarely asks for anything or spends any money on himself so I am so glad he has got what he wanted. Its all paid for and should be in store this week :thumbup:

I am also very excited for Friday as we are off to the Town Hall to give notice of marriage :happydance: I can't wait!! It will be really really real when we have done that!! OH and I have taken a day off work so we can spend the whole day together and have lunch, go shopping etc etc so I am really looking forward to it.

I have been looking at dresses again too and I am really liking dresses that have little straps or like lacy capped sleeves. There aren't many out there though so I am spending hours looking online for some. I do like 'Mccall' by Maggie Sottero but I am not sure if the top part will be enough to hold my stomach in as much as I would like lol! Tis very pretty though....

https://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3284CS

x

More exciting wedding news.....

Today I asked one of my best friends to do a reading at our ceremony and she was thrilled. Then she asked how I would feel about her writing the reading herself and I am chuffed to bits! It will be so much more personal and intimate to have someone write it for us! I have done a little research online for readings and I keep coming across the same ones so it will be fab to have one that is just for us!!!

x

Awwwww that's so lovely of her :cloud9:

Really great to see you getting your pma back hun :dance:

Yeah I know! She wants to keep it a surprise so we won't hear it until she gets up to read it at our wedding!!! I am so excited already!

I have defo got the PMA back now, I am still browsing at dresses and thinking I may not have a veil. I always thought I would but the more I look at alternatives the more I am liking the idea of maybe a hair accessory instead!

x

:happydance: it sounds fab hun, as long as what you do suits you and your personality :thumbup:

I think the mcall dress is absolutely stunning! Such a beautiful dress :thumbup: and I think you'd be surprised how much wedding dresses hold you in. They're designed to make it look as though it just flows over you aren't they! I'm sure you'll be fine :)

Glad you have your PMA back :) I've kinda deserted my wedding thread at the moment as I have nothing to add to it! Seems like I'm not even bloody planning a wedding! xx

I am SO glad the manager called and cleared things up!!!! I think he should have a decent conversation with her, or is there someone else there you can deal with other than that girl? Because she doesn't really seem to have your best interests in mind? Wonder if she gets commission from both weddings so wants them both to happen regardless?

Again, don't feel bad for moaning. I do it too. :blush: Its been so stressful and trying to accommodate everyone... and its not proper to moan about it to the people you are trying to accommodate, so that's why this place is so great! :mrgreen:

I do love the McCall dress, I have emailed some bridal shops near me though and none of them stock it! Does anyone have any ideas on how I would go about being able to see it IRL?? I checked online and it says its the 2011 collection so I am surprised nowhere stocks it!

I also have days/weeks where I don't get much wedding stuff done and I feel bad, like I should always be doing something lol. Hve you decided a destination for your wedding yet Chloe?

Tiff - you are totally right!! This is the best place to moan as we all kinda know what each other is going through and can offer the best advice. It sucks how planning something so great and positive can really stress you out and make you feel down sometimes isn't it? Hopefully I have turned a corner! We have a meeting planned with the manager of the wedding team so I am going to request that we don't liase with the original wedding planner anymore. I just don't think it would work now as she has obviously upset us and caused us unnecessary stress and since all this has been passed to her manager she is probably a bit pissed too - not really the best basis for a realtionship with someone who is helping to plan your wedding really is it?

BUT...enough about that - someone help me find McCall!!!!!!!!!

x

You might be better off emailing the Maggie Sottero webby and asking where the Mccall is stocked :) I found another bridal forum talking about that particular dress and the posts were dated June 2009 so it might be that because it's from a collection a couple of years ago, that it's no longer available in the bridal shops :shrug: Could be wrong on that of course! But it's a stunning looking dress!

This is the ONLY one I could find on Ebay right now...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maggie-S...?pt=Girls_Wedding_Apparel&hash=item4aaddecc70

Thanks Mynx! I will email Miss Sottero today lol! I didn't know they could tell which stores stock certain dresses - that would be a massive help! My only concern is causing lots of fuss and then seeing the dress IRL and not liking it anymore hehe!! It is a beauty though, I just love all the detail on the bodice and the little sleeves look so pretty!

Oh and I checked out the one on eBay and its size 4 :-( If I were size 4 I would probs get married naked to show off my hot body haha!!!! I will keep looking though, thanks so much for your help!!!

X

Haha oops I didnt check out the size :blush: Yes, if I were a size 4 there'd be no need for a dress either :rofl:
Not sure if the Maggie Sottero site will be able to help you but it's worth a try :) x

Hun on the Maggie Sottero website, you can type in your postcode and it'll tell you a stockist near you :) you can give them a call and ask if they stock the mcall design? Thats what I did when I went to try on the Asha dress!

Approved Stockists

I think we're properly decided on Hawaii :) xxx

Yep that's what I did Chloe but all the ones I have contacted so far don't have it! I'm getting so fed up of hearing 'no I'm afraid we don't stock that gown but perhaps you would like to make an appointment to view some others'!! I suppose I will just have to look further afield, like Mynx said I may be able to get some help from the MS website and see if they know who stocks it!

This dress better be worth it lol!

X

Don't worry about being a pain, you aren't! Wedding dresses are a big deal and people understand that. :hugs:

My SIL saw a dress that she loved but it was in ivory at a bridal show. She lived 2 hours from where those particular store owners were so they arranged to have a white version shipping to them and she drove all that way to try it on. She tried it on and didn't like it at all so she left. I'm sure the store wasn't impressed, but no point buying a dress you dislike just because you feel bad that you were being specific!

Lots of times the dress you fall in love with over pictures isn't the one you end up getting. But until you try it on, how are you to know? :mrgreen:

They are just as beautiful on the hanger as they are on the website - I'm sure you'll love it! And if not - who cares?! It's got to be "the one" otherwise you'll always think 'what if I'd have kept on looking' I'm sure it'll all work out hun xxx

I suppose the amount of ££ these gowns cost, I really shouldn't worry about being a pain in the butt should I lol! I have always been a fussy shopper tbh, I very rarely buy clothes or shoes for myself online as I like to see things and touch them (is that weird?) before I buy! I will probs wanna try my wedding dress on a hundred times before I make a commitment!!

I just looked on the MS website again and there is nowhere for me to enquire about which stockists have specific gowns, there is just the list of MS stockists! Boo hoo! I will just have to keep spreading my search radius a little wider until I find one!!!

x

Not weird at all hun, I like trying the feel of fabric before deciding whether to buy it

And don't worry about being a pain, the amount of money you'll be spending, you need to be sure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->