Leash and Liam's Big Day

One of my friends couldn't choose a song so she made a list of all appropriate songs that they both liked and in the weeks leading up to the wedding they would dance in their living room each night to one song to see what it 'felt' like! I think they ended up choosing the slow version of 'Heaven'.

We have kind of always known ours would be one of two songs but neither are really that 'weddingy'. The first was Beach Boys 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and the other is 'Is This Love' by Bob Marley. We have provsionally decided to walk down the aisle to Beach Boys after we are married and Bob Marley is the first dance song. Its one of our fave songs and even before we were engaged we used to sing it round the house etc and dance to it lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygixHP7vUtI&feature=fvsr

x

That's a fab idea hun :thumbup: It's lovely that it has a special meaning for you guys and I bet it's quite unique too :D

The only wedding I have seen Is This Love as the first dance song was a really old episode of 'Don't Tell the Bride'. Other than that I have never seen it!

I think if you want something unique then its a good idea to Google 'Top Ten Wedding Songs' and then AVOID them all lol!

x

See I have a couple in mind that are quite special to ME but they have to be special to OH aswell, and he's just not like that lol he doesn't get soppy over songs!

I do know that I want a special dance with my dad though. To Whitesnakes 'Don't fade away'. It sounds weird having a whitesnake song to dance to but my dad is like their number one fan and that was the first song I ever learnt and I used to sing it all the time when I was younger. He'd put it on the stereo and get me to sing all of the words, so it's kind of special to just me and him :cloud9: does that sound a bit sappy? lol we still mention the song all the time now :) xxx

Not at all, I think thats lovely! Sometimes its not necessarily the meaning of the song but more memories that the song has for you. The song that always makes me think of my grandad is 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes' by The Platters so I am thinking of asking our wedding singer to maybe learn that for us to dance to! Its a love song but I have lovely memories of listening to it on cassette in the car with my grandad every time we went anywhere!

Its your wedding so do what you want!

As for your OH, tell him to tap into his inner romantic side lol!

x

Haha I'll give him a good shake and see what happens! I bet he'll just be like 'just choose whichever one you want' lol

I'm gonna keep the whitesnake song as a surprise for my dad, so that during the evening the DJ can ask for the bride and her father to make their way to the dancefloor or something lol haha corny :p but he'll appreciate it! xx

I think thats a lovely idea :)

My friend did a father/daughter dance and then halfway through they mixed it into Mc Hammer 'You Can't Touch This'. It was really funny as noone expected it and they had learnt a whole routine lol!

My gramps is 74 so I am not sure he could hack a bit of MC Hammer!!

x

I'm walking down the aisle to the intro of Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve... I absolutley LOVE the powerful violins in the intro :cloud9:
Our first dance will be Halo by Beyonce as the words to the song are very apt for how our relationship has blossomed :D

Canon in D is also a great and popular choice, very classic! :thumbup:

Thanks Mynx! Its my fave at the moment but I am still looking for something a little less 'used' if you know what I mean? The problem is, its so beautiful that I can't find anything that I like as much! Damn Pachalbel!!

I love Halo, its a beautiful song! Have you though about how you will dance? I know that sounds like a silly question but I said to OH I am worried about people watching us dance and just swaying all over the place lol!

x

We'll probably just get lost in the song.. either that or we'll be stood stock still in floods of tears :rofl:

Halo is a lovely choice for a first dance :) Matt and I will be swaying around lol I wouldn't dare try and get him to learn a routine! He has about as much hand (foot) eye coordination as a rock lol

xxx

Yeah Liam is not exactly a slave to the rhythm either lol! Our song isn't really slow though so I don't know if we will get away with swaying!

x

Bridesmaid dresses.....DONE!!

Just picked the last couple up today :happydance: I am now wondering what the best way to store them is?? They are neatly folded and wrapped in tissue type paper at the moment but I think it may be best to hang them up and get some dress bags to go over them! Any advice?? I don't want them to discolour or anything lol!

Oh and the best part is, I am going to get a reward voucher from my Monsoon loyalty card for spending such a ridiculous amount of £££. Think it will be about £30 to spend in Monsoon so may treat myself and put it towards a nice new dress!!

In other news, I lost another 1.5lbs this weeks so I have lost 12.5lbs now in 6 weeks!! :happydance:

x

:happydance: well done on the weight loss hun

Ebay might have some deals on dress bags, or even Argos might be worth a look :thumbup:

Thanks Em :thumbup: I go to Weight Watchers on a Wednesday morning and then me and OH have something yummy for tea on Wednesday night - this week its nachos :happydance:

I am gonna look on eBay now for dress bags! How on earth did people plan a wedding before eBay?? I would be lost without it!

x

:rofl: I've no idea, I'd be lost without it too ... all my bridesmaid and flower girl dresses are coming from there, plus my pick n mix bags for the favours, and probably lots more stuff too :haha:

Its fab isn't it? In fact, I don't know people could plan a wedding without the internet at all. Imagine how much more work that would be?

x

Omg it'd be horrendous :rofl:

I've got so much more to get and I honestly do think a lot will be coming from ebay :D

You are so super duper organised Emmy! We booked our wedding almost a year ago and its only the past month or so I have actually started doing things like trawling eBay etc!! God bless the internet!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->