• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leash and Liam's Big Day

How far have you got with the organising so far? Is there a massive amount left to do, or is it pretty much there?

I have got quite a lot done to be honest. As we are getting married and having the reception all in one place it saves a lot of trouble and they are doing the catering and venue dressing so its just a matter of picking and choosing whaT we want.

Bridesmaid dresses are done, just need shoes and hair accessories and to book hair and make-up.

Favours are done, just need to order the sweeties nearer the time.

Wedding singer/DJ is booked and deposit paid.

Registrar is booked but need to sort marriage license next month.

All stationary has been ordered and being printed up next week.

Still got to arrange flowers, photographer, suits, rings (we have chosen these though *I think*) MY dress, shoes, jewellry, hair and make-up.

I am slowly wading through it all though lol!

x

I would be lost without the internet as well! I wish I could start making invitations etc, but matt keeps dragging his feet on picking a day! Grr xxx

You've got such a lot done, I bet it'll be more relaxing closer to the time, well as relaxing as it can be :dohh:

Do you know where you're ordering your sweeties from? I'm trying to sort a list out of retro pick n mix favourites :rofl:

I would be lost without the internet as well! I wish I could start making invitations etc, but matt keeps dragging his feet on picking a day! Grr xxx

Gotta love Ebay! It's been my saviour in organising this wedding! I'm pretty sure this is how we've been able to save up more than we expected and made booking a registrar possible, rather than sticking to the cheaper alternative of a registry office :happydance:
It certainly does make a difference having the whole day in one place doesnt it! I've not had to worry about anything regarding the venue as they sort out all the centrepieces, decorations etc... the only thing I've had to do was pick the menu and decide what we're having for the buffet!

It really does take a lot of stress off doesn't it Mynx? It would have been more time, stress and expense to outsource all the catering and venue dressing!! I'm glad its one or two less things to worry about!!

I am off to visit our venue today to discuss our venue dressing!! I'm so excited lol! OH has to work so one of my BM's is coming with me! They are having an open show round day so they decorate all the rooms so we can see how they would look! Its sort of like a wedding fayre but without all the local business'! Just what is available from the venue!!

Will let you all know how it goes!!

X

Venue dressing....DONE!!! Yey :happydance:

Had a wonderful day at the venue yesterday with one of my BM's. We were given a little bucks fizz on arrival and then we had a little wonder round at the ceremony/reception rooms as they were all set up for weddings and looked AMAZING! Every time I go there I am more and more confident that we picked the right place, I love it :thumbup:

So, I sat down with the venue dresser and discussed what I wanted, We have got white linen chair covers with a royal blue organza sash tied in a bow, white top table and cake table swags, calla lily centrepieces - these are beautiful - they are long stemmed in a tall slim vase and the inside of the vase is filled with royal blue crystals and placed on a mirrored base on the table with royal blue crystals scattered around it and then a beargrass heart around the middle! We have also asked for a white organza swag to be draped up the staircases too with flowers tied to it and 2 tall bay trees will be at the end of the aisle in the room we get married and also either side of the entrance to the room we have our wedding breakfast in! I think thats it...for now!! I am so excited, I feel like its really coming together now!!

Oh and the best bit is, when we drove up towards the castle I noticed some workmen in the grounds outside the main entrance and they were working on a brand new gazebo type thing which will be ready by this summer. They have laid a pathway leading up to it and are planning to put twinkly lights either side of the path which will be fab for photos in the evening!!!

Finally (if you haven't gotten bored yet). I spoke to them about booking rooms for me and the BM's the night before the wedding and I assumed I would have to book a double and a triple room as there will be 5 of us BUT they have this special suite that has a divider in the middle so it can be separated into 2 rooms and can accomodate up to 6 people and they are giving us that for £180 for all 5 of us with breakfast the next day (not that I will probably be in the mood to eat). The room is perfect, we are going to leave the divider open so its just like one huge room, it has 2 bathrooms and 2 dressing rooms so it will be great for when we are all getting hair and make up etc done in the morning! Its usually £108 a night to stay there in a double room so they have been great giving it to us at that price as they have already given us the honeymoon suite as part of our wedding package!!

I am getting so freaking excited I wish it was NOW!!!!!

x

Omgggg that all sounds fab hun :happydance:

Love that you're getting such a good deal on the room for you and the bridesmaids for the night :thumbup:

I know, its such a weight off my mind too as the wedding is so early, we will be getting ready from about 8am. It will make it all less stressful if we are already at the venue! We are planning to have dinner, a few (!?) glasses of champagne and an early night the evening before.

It also means I can take everything there in the afternoon like all the dresses, shoes, flowers etc and it will all be done so need to panic in the morning!

My poor OH is staying at the local Premier Inn hehe!!

x

:rofl: I'm making Chris spend the night at ours, then I'll be spending the night at mum's I think :thumbup:

:happydance: being there in the morning should help getting ready go a lot more smoothly :D

Yep it should do. My next challenge is finding and booking someone for hair and make-up!! I think I have decided on the BM's hair too, I am thinking something like this would really compliment the grecian style BM dresses I have

Attachments

• audrina.jpg
    audrina.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 0
oooohhhh that's really pretty :thumbup:

is there anyone in the bridal party that is good with hair and make up? maybe they would be willing to help out?

Thanks girls!! I love it and I think it will look really good with the BM dresses. I am undecided whether it needs a hair accessory or not though? I think it may be enough just on it own!

I wish someone in my birdal party was a hairdresser/make-up artist but sadly not :-( I really really want the freelance MAC make-up artist that did my friends wedding last year as she was amazing. Our make-up looked beautiful and didn't budge all day, the only downside is she charges £60 per BM and £110 for the bride so it is a big chunk of change that we can't accommodate in our budget at the moment! Boo hoo!!

x

I don't think the style will need anything really, because of the design on the BM dress :) It looks lovely on its own!

I still can't decide whether I want to do my own make up or hire someone in! xx

Yeah thats what I thought, I dont want to overdo it!

I am not too bad with doing my own make-up but I know it won't last all day if I do it myself and I don't want to have to keep touching it up. I am clueless about using primer etc so I think I am going to leave it to the professionals lol (if we can afford it that is).

I have been looking at bouquets and can't decide which styles to choose. I think I want long stemmed, posies for the BM's like this bouquet and I really like long, shower type bouquets for the bride like this showerbouquet but OH thinks the shower style will be too big (I have to listen to his opinion sometimes lol). I just like the idea of my bouquet being a little different to the BM's, OH likes this style overarm What do you lovely ladies think?

x

I prefer the shower bouquet :blush:

Have you had a look online? Youtube etc? I've found a couple of bridal tutorials by the girls of Pixiwoo and they take you through the look step by step :thumbup:

I'm going with a shower bouquet :) I haven't thought of BM ones really! :haha:

I think it would only be too big if you had loads of flowers in it! That Cala Lily one was lovely :) xxx

Me too! I am trying to find the balance between letting OH have his say but also making sure I get what I want lol! I know he will let me have whichever I like but I still want his input, sometimes I listen, most of the time I don't hehe! I have just always pictured that style of bouquet and think they look best with artifical flowers. I think the overarm style would look much better with fresh flowers.

Nope I haven't really looked into any tutorials but I might have a little nosey later. I doubt I will be able to afford Ms MAC lol so I do need to look at other options. I have a couple of friends of friends who are hairdressers but don't really know anyone I would trust with make-up. Maybe once you have learnt, you can come and do it Emmy :winkwink:

I am off to a meeting with work today to discuss returning from Maternity Leave :cry: I don't wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The thought of putting Max into nursery and me working 5 days a week actually makes me feel physically sick but I don't have a choice :growlmad: Boo Hoo for me!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->