leaving the baby?

Reaction score
ok this probably sounds like a ridiculous question..but i really dont have a clue, so..
is it ok to go on holiday for a week and leave a 3 month old baby at home with its dad and grandparents, or does it NEED its mum to be there?

Where to and how long? And how old would your baby be? I wouldn't advise it to be honest x

it would be to LA for a week and the baby would be 3 months. if im going, i need to hand in the deposit by tuesday so im trying to think ahead

I think thats really your choice! And if the dad/grandparents are happy to have the baby!
There is nothing wrong with it in my mind! It is only 1 week and many parents go away and leave their babies, espically when they go back to work.
The baby will have its dad.
Personally im going on holiday when the baby is 8 months old but we are taking it with us!
Is it with school? xx

I agree that it's your choice and what you are most comfortable with. I'm not sure what I'd do myself.

I'd want to take baby with me, no way would i leave baby even with close family for a week. But my thinking is my baby my responsibility.
USA is a long way away to return should there be any problems.

Also if you are breastfeeding - it will need its mum!

LA is very far to go. I wouldn't personally. You might even find that you don't want too. But it's your decision x

Personally, I wouldn't go, but thats just me. You might find that you dont want to go without LO when the time comes round

I think I'd give it a miss personally. 3 months will come round awfully quick and I think it'd be really hard to leave your LO.

Depends what the trip is for...

its with the school and i would really love to go- it includes visiting lots of studios, shopping, etc. im not sure how i would feel at the time, but thinking ahead, i dont know if i would want to go when id be worrying about the baby every 5 minutes- i wouldnt be able to enjoy myself! hmm im really going to have to think about this one..

I don't see anything wrong with you going but I'm not sure it's a good idea to commit to it at this point. Is there anyway you can sign on later? That way you know a little bit better about how you will feel about leaving the baby, if you feel up to that big of a trip, and at least an inkling of how the baby will handle it.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to commit to it at this point. Is there anyway you can sign on later? That way you know a little bit better about how you will feel about leaving the baby, .

I agree!!

Are you going the trip for media studies?

I just had my first short break without my LO and she is 1yr and 9 months! It was only for two days and only 4 hours' drive away but I was still thinking and fretting about her all the time! I don't think I would have enjoyed a week's holiday in another country when she was only 3 months old. Everyone's different of course, but I think it's a hard thing for a mum to do. xxx

I wouldn't want to go away without baby at such a young age, but its personal choice. Knowing me though i'd just worry the entire time, and LA is a long way to nip back if you were needed.

I was planning a girlie holiday to ireland next march...then I got pregnant and so baby will be 3 months. OH has said go and I will look after LO but I jsut don't think I'm going to want to leave Lo at home for a week! PLus I am thinking of breast feeding!
At the moment me and my friend are talking about taking the baby with us...we want to go and see some site and stuff and we figured the baby can jsut come. Just means no partying lol

Im still nto sure tho

I think it's personal choice. I can't even leave my 2 1/2 yr old at a creche for 2hrs while I do shopping without feeling guilty, but that's me lol. I believe in, "do the crime, do the time".

It's a bit early for you to know how you'll be feeling then.The baby doesn't seem that real to you now but when he/she is 3 months old I'm not so sure you'll want to go...

I don't know,if your parents and the dad want to and are capable of taking care of it...You're mom had 4 kids,I'm thinking she's very good with babies,she shouldn't have any problems.And you might regret not going,it's a great experience.I'm going to Spain in August(I'll be in third trimester,they don't recommend long flights then,but I don't want to miss it :blush:)...
Plus,one week is not long.
Do your parents know that they'll be looking after a baby?

I think that if you feel you will be able to go, that is your choice. While having a baby is a huge commitment, you also still need to have a life of your own. Im not saying that you should be going away constantly or whatever. But an experience like that is a good one.

At 3months the baby does not NEED breastmilk, if you plan in advance and ween your baby onto a good formula you will be fine. You can also use a breastpump and save some milk so your parents can feed both. Babies only need breastmilk for the first 2 weeks to get the anti-bodies from the mother. After that there is no other benefit and formula can do the same. It is really just personal choice.

Alot of people feed both breastmilk and formula. As long as your baby will drink both.

i never leave my babies or get them baby sited till about a yr old and thats for a few hours i could never leave my baby that long so young

At 3months the baby does not NEED breastmilk, if you plan in advance and ween your baby onto a good formula you will be fine. You can also use a breastpump and save some milk so your parents can feed both. Babies only need breastmilk for the first 2 weeks to get the anti-bodies from the mother. After that there is no other benefit and formula can do the same. It is really just personal choice.

Wrong! The World Health Organization recomends babies are breast fed for at least 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->