leaving the baby?

Wrong! The World Health Organization recomends babies are breast fed for at least 6 months.

That isnt what I was advised... There are people who are very pro breast-feeding (which is great!) however, it is like anything controversial, the pro people will say longer is better, and the people who are more interested in scientific information believe otherwise.

However, in speaking my my OBGYN and other doctors where I work, 2 weeks is more then substantial to gain the antibodies from the mother needed.

BTW, in case you do not know this, MANY mothers do not breastfeed ever. And their babies grow up to be just as healthy and smart etc, as breastfed babies. I may not even breastfed, I have not decided.

I also pointed out that the OP could express and save breastmilk for the week she would be gone.

Just had to clear that up because you clearly didnt understand my post.

it has to be by tuesday, so i couldnt have waited. ive decided not to go on the trip, because its not like thats the only opportunity i will ever get to go there, ill just wait a few years lol

i wouldnt do it, but i dont think its terrible to leave a baby with its dad ,but im with the others i dont think ull want to do it when the time comes..

it has to be by tuesday, so i couldnt have waited. ive decided not to go on the trip, because its not like thats the only opportunity i will ever get to go there, ill just wait a few years lol

I don't think you'll regret your decision. Like you say there is plenty of opportunity later on. My DH went away for 10 days in March and he was going nuts missing our LOs.

Im sure thats the right decision for you Ella, you wont regret it but may have regretted leaving a 3month old. xx

That isnt what I was advised... There are people who are very pro breast-feeding (which is great!) however, it is like anything controversial, the pro people will say longer is better, and the people who are more interested in scientific information believe otherwise.

However, in speaking my my OBGYN and other doctors where I work, 2 weeks is more then substantial to gain the antibodies from the mother needed.

BTW, in case you do not know this, MANY mothers do not breastfeed ever. And their babies grow up to be just as healthy and smart etc, as breastfed babies. I may not even breastfed, I have not decided.

I also pointed out that the OP could express and save breastmilk for the week she would be gone.

Just had to clear that up because you clearly didnt understand my post.

So true. I was the only one of my family to be brestfed. I have health problems including ashtma.

My second brother has an IQ of... well can't remember, but was tested by mensa at the age of 6! And he wasn't breastfed.

Theres no mistaking that breatfeeding is probably the best option for your child but I wouldn't say theres a noticable difference.

My son was bottle fed due to the fact I take medication for my illness and this one will be too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->