Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Madrid, the newborn size ones are Bummis but the next ones I am getting are called Sunbaby. They are a company here in Canada. They are a super great price. I am getting 24 diapers with 4 layer bamboo inserts plus 12 extra inserts for around $200. They are one size so they should last until potty training. Any other diapers I was looking at were going to be at least $400 for 12 diapers and 24 inserts. That is out of our budget right now. I like that we will get 24 diapers because then we will use them like AIO diapers and just take off the soiled diaper and put on a new one rather than just changing the insert.

Seaweed Eater, how are you liking cloth diapers? What brand did you chose?

Thanks Leinz. This thread sure does run fast haha!
My first appointment is November 19th. It will be with a new doc since my current doc will be gone by then.

Everyone is so much farther along than me! So happy to see babies growing here!

Congratulations srrhc!! Welcome back hun!! this time it has to be for another 35 weeks non-stop :winkwink:

seaweed nice to hear they're working for you!! I'm getting more confident as I read good reviews on them!!

We have invested in the Flip reusable diapers for us...My mom and MIL actually purchased them for us for my last pregnancy so it was a great deal for us. Can't wait to use them.

Seaweed did you find you used disposable for a while before you switched over to the reusable ones. I have heard that it is easier bc they go to the washroom so many times in the first few weeks!

We used disposable in the hospital (they were free) and for a day or two after we came home when we were too tired to figure out the cloth ones. Being superstitious or silly or something, I hadn't opened or washed anything more than absolutely necessary before he was born, so we had to do all the pre-washing and stuff after we came home. But I don't think he is going through them any less quickly now than he did in his first month. It has been about 8-10 per day. He still poos a lot though, I think around now that slows down for some babies, but we're still waiting. :)

I got the Real Nappies newborn starter set (which he's now outgrowing) and some miscellaneous other ones...some organic cotton prefolds from amazon called Osocozy (which I really like :thumbup: and which are a little bigger than the Real Nappies ones), some Thirsties covers (still fit!), and a Fuzzibunz newborn size pocket (too small). Since then we have been collecting one size pockets and covers: covers from Thirsties, Blueberry, and something else I forget; pockets from Fuzzibunz, Bumgenius, and Flip. We also have a Kissaluvs bamboo fitted.

To be honest all of them have worked pretty well for us. I would say my least favorite is the Real Nappies set, actually, but even those are fine. The pockets are fun and simple but DH actually prefers the prefolds; I think both of us feel like they are more reliable. We use the newspaper fold here https://theecofriendlyfamily.com/2009/08/prefold-picture-tutorial/ with a snappi.

One thing I didn't realize at first is that if you are using cotton prefolds you need a fleece insert so that the baby doesn't stay wet. Those are super easy to DIY though, you just need some microfleece fabric or a thin fleece blanket you are willing to cut up. You just cut strips of fleece. Done. :)

TS, I have heard great things about Sunbaby :thumbup: I forgot about that brand! I should look into getting some of those.

I haven't heard of Alva...it must be a UK brand. It seems like you guys have so many more brands. I'm jealous.

We do use sposies when we are out, because they take up less space in the diaper bag plus that way I can just leave them in there and don't have to dip into our cloth stash or have to re-pack every time we go out. I am a little scared of sposies though TBH...:p We've had just one leak that I can remember with a cloth diaper, but maybe 3-4 so far with sposies, and that's with him wearing cloth 95% of the time.

Whew! That was long :wacko:

I like the look of the cover of the cloth diapers, but not enough to take on the extra work. :rofl: I was tempted and have several friends who cloth diaper their babies, but with me nursing and dh refusing to change diapers at all it's like a "splurge" for me to be able to just have disposable diapers and not have to deal with cleaning etc. :shrug:

I think it's great for those who do it tho! :thumbup:

Srrhc: You'll be here for the long haul and I'll be sticking around even when I have LO and make us a forever baby growing up thread. :)

Snow: I'm the same with the nappies. I used disposable pampers with Chloe and I've had two blow out pooo's and no wet blow outs in 18 months. She is still not potty trained. With this baby I'll use the same. DH and I stocked up at $70 for 500 diapers and that lasts us about 2 months and longer when they get out of the newborn stage. :) Cloth isn't for everyone.

Congrats srrhc!! Krippy glad all is well. Leinz can't wait for ur pics...

Bad news. On my way to a shelter offering food with my mom (we got hit bad by sandy) we got in a accident. Someone rammed right into the side door I was sitting on. I am at l&d being moniteored so far all is well but I am so scared will update asap I am on my phone

Oh no Ich! Praying you and baby boy are alright!!! Glad it wasn't too serious! :hugs:

Ich: I'm sorry hun that you were effected by Sandy. I sure hope you are okay. Try not to worry to much... baby is snuggled tight. :hugs:

Hope you are OK lch, keeping you in my thoughts hun :hugs:

Ich I hope you are both ok now and all has calm down a bit there :hugs:

seaweed Alva's are from China and I've got to know them through the ladies living in the US. Their website is all in $ and not in £ or other currencies and they sell them on eBay too. They have very good reviews and are super cute. Maybe check them out as they come in one size only so you can use them until you little one is potty trained.

I saw this video in one of the journals I'm subscribed to and I couldn't help but showing it to you too. I think is hilarious. Check it out when she in the street and there are 2 teenagers behind; they probably think she's mad or something! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYRSSACstnQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

thinking of you Ich :hugs:

lol madrid i was watching them too x hilarious video but i think i sang it for days the first time i saw it x

Thinking of you Ich...Hope you are all right hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->