Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

I hope it goes away for both of you and you can get decent nights sleep. AFM: I'm not sleeping well either. Up 4-5 times a night for the loo, and my uterus is feeling super achy.

Yikes! I know just how bad 4-5 times is...it's bad! I hope it gets better!

I'm lucky with the night time loo breaks, I don't wake to pee, just end up with a very painful and full bladder in the morning, I do however wake a million times a night with my stupid pelvis.

hello ladies!!

my cervix is exactly the same as it was 2 weeks ago!! and, i found out that i stupidly thought my membranes were bulging, but they are just resting on the stitch. i am soooo happy i cried lol. its the exact same length and everything. dr says he has no doubt that ill make it to stitch removal! hope hes right!!

i wake up every hour to pee.. lol. ive always had a sensitive bladder. it sucks

Lovely bumps ladies xxx

Anyone had a numb arm? Last week I struggled to sleep because of numb achy restless right leg now it seems to have moved to my right arm only seems to be at night an goes from my shoulder to my wrist bad enough to keep me awake x I googled an comes up carpal tunnel but my brother has this an my friend had it when pregnant an their pain was wrist and fingers? Tried calling midwife but couldn't get hold of her x dreading another restless night :cry:

I had problems with carpal tunnel in my hand last pregnancy and it flared up a few weeks ago in this pregnancy and I had numbness in my shoulders/arms/hands and didn't realize it til I was told it was carpal tunnel. :thumbup: it certainly gives an explanation for it. And apparently pregnancy can make it worse.

I'm so happy to hear your great news, Ich! Roll on January 18.

Wiggler: I wish your pelvis would just stop already. :hugs:

thanks ladies!

okay so for the past few days, ive been getting this constant tightness right under my right boob. i feel like i look swollen there. i also feel like its my liver or something! its really annoying.. is this something i should be concerned about? i googled it and it said HELLP syndrome and im freaked now

I would call your doctor if your symptoms match those for HELLP Syndrome. There was a girl on here who wrote up her story about it and she was adamant that you seek help immediately. (Call your doctor, explain that you're worried about HELLP Syndrome, then tell him your symptoms.)

As for me, more spotting today. :/ Colton is kicking up a storm letting me know he's still here but I'm very discouraged that even with all my resting I'm still bleeding. I need to get a referral to a doctor...

Ich: Don't worry to much about Google. But definitley call the birthing unit or seek medical attention. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

MightyMom: Can you go to the hospital? You definitley need to be checked out right away. I'm glad Colton is keeping you reassured, though. :hugs:

The hospital protocol is to check the cervix (closed), visual check for tissue (which would be negative since I can feel Colton kicking me), then an u/s scan to verify viable fetal status (checking heartbeat, which again, I know he is alive). Then they send you home to see your doctor. So the hospital is a no-go. I need a referral to a local doctor. I'm hoping I can get an emergent referral over the phone this weekend, but the earliest i could possibly be seen is Monday.

Thats terrible. I hope you can keep your feet up and it stops. :hugs:

Ich - I hope you manage to get some answers so you can stop worrying :hugs:

Mightymom - do they have any clue while you are bleeding? I've been spotting on and off this pregnancy and last time I went in to get checked the said its a polyp in my cervix so nothing to do with pregnancy. :shrug:

Leinz - dates for me: 2nd GTT on Jan 21st and growth and doppler scan on Jan 26th! Will need lots of prayers that week to get me through!! So hope all is ok this time! :thumbup:

I might have a cheeky scan when I go back to Greece as my old doctor who is also a family friend is there and he knows all my medical history (he delivered K) and his practise is only next door from where I live! So I'll let you know as I go along! :winkwink:

Ich - Google is every pregnant woman's worse enemy. That being said, I had HELLP syndrome, and if you think there is even a slight chance that you may have it, go to the hospital asap.
Epi-gastric pain (radiating pain from your liver) is just one symptom. Do you have swelling (beyond regular pregnancy swelling), headaches, spots in vision, high BP? Did your Dr check your urine when you were in there? Is there protein?
To be accessed for hellp, they will need to check for protein, check your bp and do bloodwork to check your platelets and your liver enzymes.
I hope all is well and you don't develop hellp.

Mightymom - I would still go to the hospital to get checked out. At my hospital they have the same procedure as yours, except they also do an ultrasound to check your placenta and the length of your cervix. Like Leinz said - always better safe than sorry.

thanks ladies,

torres, i have no swelling (a stranger commented on how wonderful my ankles look) lol, no protein in my urine, and my BP is okay, ive gotten 2 isolated high readings.. the feeling went away, im prety sure it was his foot or something, i know he is head down and his butt is halfway between my boobs and belly button, so im assuming it was a foot!

my feelings are really hurt today. i feel like im being sensitive but i just need to vent. Not sure if ive explained this, but basically i dont have any friends and hardly any girl relatives. I get real lonely sometimes. Anyway, my mom really wants to throw me a shower. I didnt really see the point, i have no friends to invite and there is about 9/10 ladies we could invite from the family. But she said its important to her and she wanted to do it, so whatever. I just feel like its embarassing. Everyone will notice that no friends are there or anything..

So today my mom tells me that she invited my aunt (whom i have always had a serious close relationship with....) and my aunt refused. First of all, she has not ONCE even acknowledged my pregnancy. When Sophia passed away, she didnt even come to the funeral. She told my mom she doesnt support me or my pregnancy and has no intention of coming to a baby shower or anything. And it just made me cry. I always really loved her.. and i just dont understand. Its not about the baby shower, i couldnt care less about one, its the fact that its just so hurtful. She loves my nephews to death, and sees them all the time. And now i know my son wont have that. Its not like its a huge deal but it made me sad. Maybe its becuase im not married? I have no idea.. and now i feel like this is going to cause a huge rift in the family, she is my moms sister and lives 10 minutes away , i already havent spoken to her son in 5 years and now i feel me and her will eventually have an argument about this entire thing.. becuase who the EFF is she to judge me on if i should be having a baby or not? i am an adult, she is not my mother, its not like its a burden to her...

Big Hugs Ich. I understand where you're coming from about the no girlfriends thing. I am not close to any girls (I had one best friend, but we drifted the beginning of this year). I had a small baby shower with the girls (Aunts, Mom's cousins, my cousins), and it was actually very nice. I would recommend that you let your mom throw it for you.
As for your Aunt, I don't get it. Is she religious? Would it really matter to her that you are a single Mom? So, she hasn't acknowledged your pregnancy? Have you seen her often? Does she just ignore the fact that your pregnant? As for when your dear Sophia passed, did she make an excuse for not going to the funeral? Did she try to console you at all?
Are you comfortable enough confronting her? In a kind way of course. Maybe if you can explain how her actions and inactions are affecting you, she will explain why and change how she's being.
I really hope she turns around. If not though, then it's her loss. It truly is.

Thank you Torres! (I knew someone in here had HELLP, couldn't remember who!) I called my old doctor and he said as long as it's not red bleeding and there is no pain to just ride it out until I get to my new city and new doctor. He's on call if I need anything (he's so nice!) but for now he just wants me to rest.

Ich: I'm so sorry hun I can relate on so many levels. I move a lot, and my family is always very far away. My baby shower for DD was thrown by the lovely ladies at work, although I never saw them after business hours. I think they were just excited to throw a baby shower, not a baby shower for me. It was still a lovely gesture though.

I get why your mom wants to throw you a shower too. She's going to be a grandma! And she wants to shout it from the mountaintops. Moms are like that. My mom wanted to throw me a shower too and invite all of her friends (since none of my friends live by her). I think she just is very proud and also wants to do something nice for you. Don't worry, no one will judge if none of YOUR friends are there. They'll assume it's your mom's invite list.

As for your aunt, very disappointing. I suspect that it is because you're not married. Is she religious? I'm not sure why but people get very hung up about marriage before birth. My SIL is pregnant with #4 and she STILL isn't married, and there are some people who just cannot accept that. How you raise a family is no one's business but your own. Your aunt may come around eventually, if you ever did find a husband to fit in her narrow-minded view of "family." I wouldn't bother having a row with her. It's probably better if you do just drift apart for now so that her opinions can't hurt you. It's a shame she's missing out on such a gift as a new life in the family. In the end, she is the one who's missing out.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Soon enough LO will be here and you'll be able to focus on how much love you get back. It'll get better hun.

thanks torres.. i too had one very close friend but when I got pregnant with Sophia we drifed apart.. i havent talked to her in a while.. thanks for the advice :hugs: i know she really wants to have it. i dont get it either! she is not religious in the slightest, i mean, my mom was a single mom so i dont see that being the problem.. i see her all the time, her and my mom are like best friends, she juts completely ignores it.. she knows im on bed rest and evreything. and when Sophia died, she didnt even acknowledge that. the only thing she did was tell me that i "have to go back to work or i could lose my job" literally, that was the only thing evne remotely related to Sophia we spoke about.

truth is i just dont feel comforatble to confront her. i dont know if im not even bothered to do so, but i know shell just shut me down.. shes so obnoxiously opinionated sometimes. shell juts accuse me of expecting the world to stop becuase im having a child

aww thanks mighty, that was so sweet. shes not religious at all! i dont know what it is.. but your right, i am not going to worry about it, if she drifts apart from her only niece and doesnt want to be around my baby then thats her issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->