Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

I'm sorry it didn't go well. :hugs: I think as long as you can aim for a normal life even if its with a bit of pain is good enough. I mean I have chronic pain in my knee -injured myself when I was at dance college- and its tough but the way you describe things being at the moment it will be so much better! I hope this makes sense.

I'm sorry your midwife forgot to make the arrangement. Any way it can be arranged at anoyher day?

It'll be nice to be able to do normal stuff, like going for walks and days out, we haven't been able to do much of that as a family because my pelvis has been crap for so long. I really look forward to the day that the kids start asking me to take them out instead of daddy :haha:

Can't rearrange it unfortunately, OH can't get anymore time off and I can't take the kids. I'm sure I will figure something out :)

Not long til baby is here and the labour worries are out of the way and I can focus on physio and being the fun, active mummy I have always wanted to be :cloud9:

Great news Happy!!!

Wiggler - I think you have a great way of looking at the situation. Being able to be active with your children will be fantastic, and hopefully your pain will be minimal.

Great news Happyface! :yipee:

Wiggler, I'm sorry it wasn't better :hugs: but I bet after you give birth and work on the physio things will be much, much better than they are now.

S: Happy 4 months to Munchkin! Say what? You are so close to the 6 month BF milestone your Mom says won't happen. I'm so proud of you. :wohoo:

Happy: Yay for No Gtt! :)

Longing: It's not going to be long for you now. :) Eeeeeek! You are on the way down. Thats not many appt.'s to go. And I hope Mr. Cherry doesn't keep you waiting until 41 weeks.

Wigger: I hate hearing that! But, I'm happy to hear you will atleast be able to do more than now. :hugs: Don't worry about labor to much. Everything will be ok.

AFM: Busy here! On :cloud9:! Leinzlove's Parenting friends thread is QUIET???

Nessah I was thinking she'll come early as I've been much more active but since starting maternity I've been most if the time at home so I think things had slow down a bit. I was offered a sweep at 38 weeks but I declined as I want things to happen when are meant to be happening.
Either way the 25th of February will be my last day pregnant as they are inducing me at 41 weeks.

Wiggler I'm sorry to hear the appt didn't go fully as you expe ted but your physio plan if action sounds very good. I hope you'll get to be the a give mum you want.

Congrats happy on your results!!

Well done mummy leinz in coping without your husband around!!

Just back from the OB. Everything (weight, uterus measurement, BP, urine) is great. He's still concerned about possible pre-term labour, but he's happy with how I've been holding up, and he thinks i have a real chance of making it to term. If not he said baby is past the real danger zone, so even if I were to have the baby tomorrow, everything would be alright in the end. I do have to stay on bed rest and progesterone until 36 weeks though - as he ideally wants me to make it till then.
So I see him again in two weeks. I do have my weekly cervical u/s and Nst at the hospital next week, and he's including a growth scan this time.

ICh - hope you're home today! Can't wait for an update and pics!

Leinz - there is a parenting thread now?? Did you create one and I missed it?? :)

Glad to hear all went well Torres! I'm sure you'll get much more further along!!

I had the group physio appointment today. It was really useful!! Got some good tips on pain relief, and lots of exercises to do. I also tried a support belt on and it felt like magic so will be buying one of those. Physio also recommended acupuncture and apparently we are entitled 5 free sessions at our hospital so will be calling to book an appointment. :thumbup:

Glad the physio went well! :happydance: Can't believe you have to buy your own belt though, they can't give them away fast enough over here :rofl:

Glad the physio went well! :happydance: Can't believe you have to buy your own belt though, they can't give them away fast enough over here :rofl:

Really? They gave us a tubigrip. Have you tried it at all? She said belts we have to buy. It costs £20. And they will offer crutches if we need them. To be honest I was surprised they offer 5 sessions of acupuncture. Cause that would have cost a whole lot more! :thumbup:

I was given tubigrip yesterday, she said it probably won't give me any relief before the birth, but it should help a lot afterwards. She also said they normally say not to, but for me to try it at night as my pelvis keeps me awake a lot (between my pelvis and kids I never sleep :dohh:) So I tried it last night, it was fab when I laid down, it still hurt but I fell asleep quickly which was a nice change. I woke in agony. So not trying that again :nope:

I hope the acupuncture helps, that sounds fab, they don't offer anything like that down here.

How complicated!! Nights are pretty bad here as well. I fall asleep easily but then wake up in the middle of the night and I'm unable to go back to sleep because of the pain. Would also love to try swimming but its hard to find the time! :dohh:

I did get both: tubigrip & 2 weeks later the belt. All free from the physio. She also gave me those things you put in your hands to help with carpal tunnel at night as my hands were numb and painful to the extend the pain could wake me up.

Did they help you Madrid? I felt an instant relief when I tried the belt so I'm really happy to buy it!

Also, does/did any of you get any numbness around the groin area when sitting? I get it quite a lot lately, its so weird. I forgot to ask the physio :dohh:

No numbness here, just lots of pain. Deffo bring it up when you see your physio next x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->