Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Srrhc - Congratulations!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Had my growth and doppler scan this morning and everything looked great!! Baby G is still a bit over 50th percentile and the doppler showed no signs for us to worry about! He is breech but I guess its still early! :thumbup:

Question: How many braxton hicks is it normal to have? I've had plenty of them tonight. Not very strong but they are there. :shrug:

Are they going away when you do stuff/have a cold drink? I have had them from 16 weeks and they are always really bad when I get stressed and nothing stops them til I calm myself down x x x

Hmmm to be honest I haven't really moved much in the past hour only to go to the loo. But I always get them when I'm relaxing... not while doing stuff. Anyway, I'm not really worried, just curious. Will also ask the consultant on Monday and see what he thinks! :thumbup: My only slight worry this pregnancy now that all else is clear is preterm labour.. Just hope that last time it was caused because of the IUGR and so it own't happen again! :flower:

thanks ladies :cloud9:

srrhc thats amazing news. congrats!!

happyface my ob always said more then 5 in one hour to call

i know this is off topic but i feel horrible and need some advice if anyone has any. Jonathan is struggling to breast feed. He rarely latches correctly and doesnt take my whole nipple. My milk still didnt come in (5 days later - normal??) and he gets so tired/angry/frustrated trying to get enough milk out. He lost a good amount of weight in the hospital and i felt he was starving so i have started giving him formula as well. i feel so guilty about it. now that he has had the bottle hes even harder to breast feed. feel like i gave up too easily and like a bad mommy =[

:hugs: Lch, you are absolutely not a bad mommy! BF difficulties happen, and you are concerned about his weight loss and whether he is thriving, which makes you a good mommy.

5 days would be on the longer side for your milk not to have come in, but not unheard of. However, like you, I am concerned that it means he is not feeding properly.

Do you have any access to a lactation consultant, or a LLL group or other breastfeeding support group? Your pediatrician's office might have a LC you can meet with. I would strongly recommend seeing a professional SOON for help with his latch, because the first few weeks of BF are important for building up your supply.

Weight loss is pretty normal (depending on how much it was, I think they say up to 10% is ok?) and acting fussy and frustrated is normal too. But if you are concerned, you could really benefit from speaking to an expert in person.

Also if you can find any time to pump, that might help bring your milk in faster, which will give him more of a reward for trying to BF and thus encourage him to keep at it. And it will keep up your supply in the meantime while he figures it out.

Hang in there hon, you will both be ok :hugs:

thanks hun.. i pump every day, i can only get 1 ounce out of both breasts together :cry: everyday they feel heavier and leak more colostrum but its just so frustrating that it wont come in. is there a big cost for meeting with a consultant? his first doctor appt is tuesday, ill see if they have any one that can help me there..

Hey sorry I've not been on tht much.

Congrats Ich he's gorgeous...xx

Srrhc congrats on team blue....xx

Hope everyone's doing well.xx

Ich: Beautiful, Beautiful Baby boy! My milk came in day 4, but it was leaking massive Day 7, which I found strange. I had only pumped like mad for the first 3 days after letting Zoela nibble and supplement formula in full amounts.

Srrhc: Sooooo happy! Will update this thread when I can.

Happyface: So lovely to hear about your wonderful scan. :)

Cheryl: So happy to see you! April is coming, not long now. :)

AFM: Busy, tired... Recieving visitors for the first time tomorrow and its going to be a long busy day. You can't keep them away forever... When there is a new baby they want to meet.

Aw Leinzlove everyone will be dying to get a wee cuddle from zoela. Xx

I'm on countdown 8 wks till I finish work and 11 till my due date :)
Need to start getting stuff for my hospital bag.xx

Have a lovely day tomorrow, take it easy, you have just popped a baby out, everyone will be fine if you don't play host :hugs:

If it's opaque, it is milk! You will notice it getting less yellow every day, and there will be more of it. Probably in 2 days or so you will start feeling engorged. This is good!

No, it should not be expensive to meet with a LC. I spoke to one at my pediatrician's office at no charge. And there's a lactation support group I've gone to with a $15 drop-in fee.

:hugs:

Ich I am sorry you are having a hard time but these ladies are right you are being a great mommy!

Congrats on your rainbow ich he's gorgeous x

leinz I hope you are enjoying every minute with your gorgeous daughter x

Nesting like crazy this end over a scare I nearly went in to labour on monday made me realise I need to get organised x

Can't wait to see more babies born in the next few weeks x

omg!! lol, two places ive called, one said a consult was 185 dollars. thats insane. the Le Leche League does them for free.. ill be looking into that. Jonathan fed very well today from my breasts though. Didnt even need formula. Then of course the next feed he wanted nothing to do with them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->