Leinzlove's Bump Friends (14 Blue, 12 Pink, 8 Angels) 25 BORN!!

Nessah - I assume you're delivering at Met, right? Did they let you have snacks with your first? I was not allowed anything, except ice chips, and they even took those away because I vomited. :( Or are you thinking about snacks for after delivery?

Here is my hospital list:

Hospital Bag

- Pads
- Light and heavy socks
- Slippers
- Lots of underwear
- Nursing bra
- Robe
- Breast/nursing pads
- Nipple cream
- Nursing pillow
- Shampoo
- Conditioner
- Body wash
- Lotion
- Toothbrush/paste
- Make up
- 2 pairs Pj’s
- 2 comfy outfits
- Chargers
- Camera (video/still)
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes
- Lip balm
- Laptop/ charger
- Magazines
- Cash/change
- Change of clothes Ivan (few pairs of underwear/socks)
- Pj’s for Ivan
- Toiletries for Ivan
- Phone Card
- Ivan’s glasses
- Flip flops for shower
- Deodorant
- Few bottles of water

- Diapers
- Wipes
- Onesies
- Sleepers
- Swaddle Blankets
- Soothers
- Hat
- Mits
- Car Seat (blankets for car seat)
- Socks
- Going home outfit

wow, you ladies are getting close, how exciting :happydance: I wonder what i'll give birth in, they don't have cheap shops here, maybe I should send my mum to primark again for an oversize top before she comes to visit next month!! Or maybe i'll just do it naked, Swedish style :haha:

Nessah - I assume you're delivering at Met, right? Did they let you have snacks with your first? I was not allowed anything, except ice chips, and they even took those away because I vomited. :( Or are you thinking about snacks for after delivery?

Yeah, the did not let me eat with my first delivery. As soon as I got admitted and labor was progressing, I got hungry and DH started to grab some munchies for me... then walks in the nurse, yelling at me to stop! :cry:

They didn't even offer me ice chips :(
After delivery tho' I had some warm food from home so I was good.

I ate some plain goldfish crackers during labor. You should be able to eat as long as you don't have any medication.

If they'll only let you have ice chips, you can bring popsicles! Apparently those count as ice chips.

I ate all of my other snacks afterward in recovery though! I had energy bars, chocolate, and some other kinds of crackers.

Ladies: It's February! FEBRUARY! Lots of babies arriving! :) I'm so excited! I couldn't have snacks. They didn't allow me to eat. But, maybe because I was started on an IV right away for Group B Strep. I had it with both pregnancies.

Directly after delivery I was allowed an entire meal.

Active labor with DD #1: Major haves for labor (Chapstick & Ice chips.)
Active labor with DD #2: Nothing, so much pain... didn't feel anything but.

NeeSAH: I can't wait to know what your team green is!! The suspense is getting me!

I never even thought about having snacks with me for after labour!! :dohh: Last time I got offered some toast and tea once I was back in my room and that was heaven at the time.. Then I don't think I ate again till dinner time. I don't remember really feeling hungry or wanting to eat. But I have a feeling that it might have been cause things were a bit too much last time for me. With K not being able to stay with me due to her being early, with constant visitors (Greek way!!) who were waiting outside to see me when I was trying to unsuccessfully bf and K was screaming.. So maybe if things are smooth this time I will have tie to think about food. So one more thing to add to my list!! :winkwink:

For the ones in the UK, do hospitals here offer you anything or do you need to bring your own food from home?

Oh! And bump pics 29 weeks!!

Attachments

• 20130201_103059_zps721b1915.jpg
    20130201_103059_zps721b1915.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20130201_103108_zps2e3ecdca.jpg
    20130201_103108_zps2e3ecdca.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 5
I was offered tea and toast after having the kids, and you get meals on the ward I think.

Happyface: Bump is more gorgeous by day! :)

The one professional newborn picture my MIL bought. It ended up being $30 for 2 (5x7)... Awful price!

The IV line is of sugar fluid as she had issues regulating her blood sugars after birth. (Just took a bit longer.)

I do love that this has her cord clip and bands. She wasn't even 24 hours old.

Attachments

• 644246_408143869273119_912180831_n.jpg
    644246_408143869273119_912180831_n.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 5
Love your bump pic happy! You look fantastic!

$30 for 2 5x7's?!? Photographers sure know how to take advantage eh?! After dd was born, hubby and I spent a little over $600 on a professional photographers pics. The pictures are adorable, but we definitely got pulled in.
I think I lost a piece of my plug a few hours ago. Nothing since so I'm not panicking. I've heard you can lose pieces weeks before delivery and it will regenerate.

I think it's time for updates on everyone, don't you?!
Come on ladies - update!

Happyface: Looking great!!!

Leinz: Zoela is a model... very cute pic!
I cannot wait either!! Hehehe, so glad I made it this far being :yellow: for the second time-hehehe!

Lol, no updates on my end; nursing my sick toddler and wobbling around like a very pregnant lady. Hoping this baby is 2/3 weeks early like my DD :D

Torres - I think Leinz also lost pieces of her plug earlier but nothing ever happened so you are right not to panic!

I'm well. Just feeling really lightheaded in the past 10 days. Will be bringing it up on Monday when I see the midwife. Not sure if its just normal pregnancy stuff or if I'm slightly anaemic?

Other than that I'm battling a cold and trying to get organised.. I don't know why but suddenly it feels like I'm really close. Maybe its because Feb is going to be sooo busy so I know it will go by so quickly! :shrug:

oh, those professional photographers know just how to get you. My mom paid 165$ at the hospital!! lol. they are very cute though. it came with a 10x13 picture of our choice (one of me Jonathan and his Daddy) , a DVD movie thing with music which makes me bawl my eyes out everytime, and a cd with all his pictures so i can order prints. totally expensive! i will get around to posting those :flower:

they didnt let me eat during labor. Only ice chips. i threw up at least 10 times. the worst part was right on the OR table when they gave me more medicine i threw up! i could only turn my face into the little throw up bin, and the nice anesthesiologist whiped my face for me. i kept telling them the only reason im throwing up is because i havent eaten in 22 hours. no one listened. then - morning after Jonathan was born, they brought me breakfast. they said since ive been throwing up i couldnt have solids. im literally sitting there, starving to death, and they bring me friggen jello and chicken broth. i took 3 bites of jellow and threw up. i demanded solid food, ate it and was fine :dohh:

Torres: Yeah, your body is definitley preparing but rest easy hun... Just weeks to go now. I'm sorry this has been so scary for you. :hugs:

AFM: The announcements I ordered came today. But, I'm still waiting on prints to mail them. It's so exciting. So, Zoela didn't get the professional photos that DD did. But, I didn't want to spend $100+ as we are getting a family shoot done this spring in the park. So the weather plays a part and also that I'm still looking a bit pregnant. :haha:

Here are the announcements. They are 5x7. These aren't the best pictures of them as they won't let you save them to your PC. So, they were just taken with my phone.
Front
https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/130202_0006_zps8de8b1fd.jpg
Tag on Front
https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/130202_0009_zps8cd73f53.jpg
Back
https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/130202_0011_zpsaa6ac8c9.jpg

Here are the prints. The pink collage is printed for everyone. And the newborn poses are for close family and friends. I ended up printing them all for 9c each and just going 4x6's.
Had to have her awake pic... Looks just like I did as a baby. :)
https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/2013-01-23_zps6bae35c5.jpg
https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_1914_zpse81ffbd6.jpg
https://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj483/leinzlove/IMG_1911_zps562d0f55.jpg

Ugh, the food thing during labor. My midwife said "well, you aren't supposed to eat, because if you get an epidural blah blah blah... BUT some women come in here in labor and deliver an hour later, and did we know if they ate or not? NO!" So, when she left the room I totally ate and she pretended she didn't know. And I had an epidural... and there was never an issue.

I think it's like most things with pregnancy/labor - every one reacts differently. So doctors air on the side of caution. But I was having my second baby and I knew my body... so, I say DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!

i always thought it was in case u need a c section lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->