lesbians in tww or 10dpo ish

Back in the 2ww :) started my progesterone cream today!
I am sure it will do the trick.

How do you know you need the cream? Can you just buy it?? Or is it a doctor thing?

Xx

Hey! Just found this thread, my wife and I started ttc in November after our CP, we had to take a short break to find a new donor but we did and he is lovely.

We are currently 3dpo and no symptoms yet not that I'd expect any. Not unless I could count the uncontrollable urge I had to leave my house at 7 am and find an
open shop to buy onion bhaji and a samosa for breakfast, can't say I've eaten either for breakfast before lol but they were worth the twenty minute trek in the snow lol

Congrats Tamsinwho on your bfp. I hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

Welcome Rainbow! Where Abouts in UK are you guys? Fingers crossed this is your month.

The2mums - You can usually find natural progesterone cream in health stores. I decided to try it this cycle because I showed signs of low progesterone and estrogen dominance and then tested for it. I have also been taking vit b6 to try and boost my progesterone and regulate my estrogen but that can take several months to balance out. You don't have to have a doc unless you need a stronger form of it which is good cause I don't have a gp.

Welcome rainbow82! So glad you found the thread and just in time...the 2ww can be a real pain but it is much better when you can talk to other people in the same boat :D

Thanks awesometwo and thepunks, think I may be spending quite a bit of time on this thread, the TWW is awful, we usually look so hard for symptoms that I'm sure they're not there even when we think they are lol.

Silly question maybe but does everyone continue to take BBT on TWW? I'm trying not to this month
as it stresses me out because they are never as consistently high as they should be, am wondering if it's worth seeing dr to see if there is a progesterone issue.

Oh and awesometwo we are in west yorks, where are you guys?

Right as it's a snow day I've decided to indulge myself with whatever I fancy today so I'm off to find more samosas and onion bhajis!

rainbow-Welcome! I was thinking the same thing. I take my temp throughout the cycle (except during AF), but I've also wondered if I have some progesterone needs. I feel like my temps don't get very high after O.

punks-Your temps look like they are still going up! Should have your crosshairs soon! What signs do you show that suggests low progesterone?

AFM I am 4dpo today. Wife's brother's wedding is tomorrow, so lots of activities over the next 3 days and then we are headed back home. Keeping us busy!

We r in London now but I am from south Yorkshire. We r hoping to move back to Yorkshire in next year or so!

I am enjoying the calm before the storm now with no tww but looking forwards to next one tho as I like being in with a chance not sat waiting. Hoping she ovulates on day 16 like usual or earlier and not day 20 like last month! Her temps still up too but pretty sure its cos she has a cold and cough n stuff going on x

If her temp doesn't go down in the next few days, I think you should do a test just to make sure...It could be from the sickness, but if it doesn't go down soon I'd be curious...

We did one on day 16 with an internet cheapie n it was neg. Annoying tho as her period is usually 2 days og heavy and 2 days of medium and day of light. This month it was 2 days of light pink and 1 day of medium lol x

That's weird...hopefully her temp will go down soon and it will all get back to normal quickly.

It has gone higher today lol but she feels more cold and sore throaty today. Defo ills too as I have it tooo x

That's weird lol...I'll be curious to see what it does over the next week!

Silly question maybe but does everyone continue to take BBT on TWW? I'm trying not to this month
as it stresses me out because they are never as consistently high as they should be, am wondering if it's worth seeing dr to see if there is a progesterone issue.

Totally not silly, I have considered not temping either cause I used to freak out about the slightest temp drop. But I still temp the whole cycle and just try to stay calm when there are ups and downs cause each days temp is not really important. What matters is the overall patterns throughout the cycle and it is perfectly normal to have your temps fluctuate a little every day.

That being said, from what I have read on web md and various sites, if you notice a large drop off of temps in you luteal phase that can be signs of hormonal imbalance or deficiency. The typical luteal phase will end with lowering temps either on the day of AF or maybe a few days before.

punks-Your temps look like they are still going up! Should have your crosshairs soon! What signs do you show that suggests low progesterone?

After tracking my cycles for the past several months I noticed that my luteal phase was not very consistent, temp and length wise. Then when we started ttc, I started tracking my monthly symptoms/signs and I realized after reading lots of forums and websites that what I thought was normal was not really good, I really wish they had talked about this stuff in school or at the doctor! I typically would have a few days of spotting in lp then very heavy AF with severe clotting and cramping for at least 5 days and another 3 or so days of spotting. I also had horrible PMS for almost the entire lp with night sweats, hot flashes, really depressed feelings, constant headaches, dryness and absolutely no sex drive.

Once I started taking the prenatal vitamins and b6 (originally started cause of the frequently short lp) things started to get better and I realized that all the symptoms I was having before are actually signs of low progesterone and estrogen dominance. And since the b6 helps regulate estrogen and progesterone it was trying to balance out my levels. You can get your levels tested either by saliva or blood and I found a clinic that does at home saliva testing by mail so that just confirmed the problem. Since I really didn't want to wait 6-12 months for the vitamins and supplements to balance my levels before being able to have a baby I went the progesterone cream route to hopefully supplement my body while it is trying to balance.

It has gone higher today lol but she feels more cold and sore throaty today. Defo ills too as I have it tooo x

Sorry to hear that :( I hope you both start feeling better soon!!!

Hi everyone...this seems like a very supportive and busy thread...I wanted to join in...am new here and still browsing around...

My wife and I are also TTC (lesbian couple) this was our first month and right now we are in our TWW...its killing me...never done this before and the waiting is so long...it feels like a lifetime has passed and it's barely been 7 days...

Well...I wish all you ladies the best of luck and lots of baby dust...

Mom2Hope - welcome! The tww is definitely the worst...it always feels like it takes forever. I am on my 4th tww now and it does get a wee bit better in terms of the wait. Did you use at home insem or are you working with a fertility doc?

The first tww was defo the worst! It still sucks but I felt less obsessive and naive the second time round x

Day 20 of raised temp and BFN. Pretty sure it is cos of her cold etc. Annoying though lol we start doing opk testing tomorrow as cd10 x

We are using at home Insem...the donor we have is really nice and we have a pretty good relationship with him...I am hoping we don't have any future tww..but if we do then I sure hope it does get easier with the wait....

I wish you all luck...hope that BFP comes along soon for those of you still in this month :)

I think we may have been reading the same websites lol. My temps after O are all over the place, think I'm gonna go to the docs in no bfp by march. Time isn't really on our side as found out recently when filling in a health form for something else that my aunt had complete menopause at 34, my nanna at about 37 and my mum was on HRT at 40. I'm already 30 so stressing about it slightly which probably doesnt help.

Can't believe I'm almost halfway through the TWW we seem really relaxed this time, probably because apart from a positive opk I have had no signs of ovulation whatsoever, temps didnt rise at all in fact got lower :( so think we are out.

I hope you are both feeling better soon awesometwo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->