IPRG
LFT2
PHCG
PROL2
TSH
UE

anyone care to explain the above?

Xx

Ue tests for urea and electrolytes. TSH is your thyroid test. PHCG is to check for the pregnancy hormone...LFT should be to test your liver function...and unfortunately I don't know what those other ones are hon...

Hope you get some good news back though...the blood test should tell you if that pregnancy hormone is present....which i know is what your wanting so my fingers are crossed :)

Fbc is full blood count so will check your platlets (can indicate clotting problems) and also iron levels. Mom2hope baggied the rest I knew lol

Hope they all come back Goooood. Spesh the pregnancy one x

Hey punks :)

Yeah, sorry to have disappeared... We decided after we inseminated in February (the month it worked!) to just totally forget it... Not talk about it, etc, to avoid making ourselves crazy. The 2ww is horrid-- as we all know! Anyway, we managed that, somehow... Hence the silence.

And wouldn't you know it-- that's exactly when it worked! Not like that could have really changed anything, but I was afraid to jinx it...

This thread seems to have gone nuts with BFPs this month. Congrats to folks with ghe BFPs and baby dust to everyone starting a new round!

:)

Caved in and went doctors!
He ordered
FBC
FER2
GLRAND
IFSH
ILH
IPRG
LFT2
PHCG
PROL2
TSH
UE

the above?

Xx

Full blood count, iron, thyroid function, prolactin, follicle stimulating
hormone, electrolytes, luteinusing hormone, hcg, progesterone. Everything basically :). When do
you get results?
anyone care to explain

If you search each of those things you should find explanations. I searched some things the other night and put each one in as "tsh and fertility". I found all the answers I needed. I just had blood drawn yesterday to get my hormone levels tested out. I don't know for sure what all they are testing for, but hopefully I'll get results by the end of the week. When will you get your results 2mums? Let us know!

Bfn on bloods so ur guess is as good as mine as to wtf is going on - only thing I can think of is the spotting was in fact a super light period

Gutted doesn't begin to explain how I feel

X

Sorry to hear that 2mums :( :hugs: Have you talked to the doctor about the results yet?

So sorry to hear that The2mums! :hugs:
I hope the rest of the result give some insight into the situation for you.

punks have you set up your doc apt yet?

I don't have a doc or ob/gyn and will be using a homebirth midwife instead. I have never really been a big doctor kind of person so I don't think I will be using one at all if I can avoid it.

Oh, ok! Have you made an appointment with your midwife then? I would like to use a midwife as well. I might do an obgyn on the side since my insurance covers it so I can get a few ultrasounds. I hope to be able to do a home birth though.

There is no rush to see midwife really. Well over here women see their midwife for first time between 8 and 12 weeks. Homebirth midwife sounds good. America seems fond of Dr led care! They should adopt the UK wayyyy lol x

I agree! I think doctors are too quick to intervene. Our friend just had a baby last night. They stripped her membranes before it was even her due date. Then induced her 4 days after her due date. Of course then labor sucks even worse bc they give you pitocin. She has a beautiful new baby girl, but I don't understand why they can't let it happen naturally! At the same time, I think every woman should be able to choose their own birth plan and do what makes them comfortable. It just makes me sad that doctors get them worked up and kind of force them into thinking they need to do things sometimes. I feel like maybe they will start to head in a more natural direction soon...

Over here they go to almost 2 weeks past their due date before they induce you. Unless their are any complications and we start off with milder things. So many American programs I watch seem to dole out pitocin and epidurals like sweets. Nearly everybody over here is looked after and delivered by a midwife and I don't think our mortality rate is any different! Dr led midwifery is great if the women are high risk but drs are risk minded and generally pregnant women are not sick or at dramatic risk at all so why shud a Dr look after somebody who has no illness but a natural thing happening!

I haven't made an appointment yet but probably will in the next week or so. I totally agree about the dr vs midwife thing. I am totally obsessed with Ina May Gaskin and the farm midwives and have been reading all the books I can about natural birthing. I figure my body was made to do this so all I need to do is get out of the way and let it do its thing.

Me too! Have you seen The Business of Being Born? I saw Ina May is coming out with a new documentary too...

Definitely I loved that and the follow up to it as well. I can't wait for Ina May's movie to be available. I am reading Spiritual Midwifery right now!

I am so glad to have found some women who understand where I'm coming from lol Our donor was telling us that during one really bad contraction his wife made a comment about me being an idiot for wanting to do it natural lol I was like, "Well, I don't plan on getting pitocin, so my contractions hopefully won't be so strong." She couldn't argue with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->