lesbians in tww or 10dpo ish

Levels were 338! I'm officially preggo with a healthy little bean! Now to pass the next 8 weeks by quickly...

YAY!! That's awesome, very happy for you both! I hope the next 8 weeks fly by and you don't suffer with any sickness. ;)

Thanks! I doubt I'll get out of the sickness...it's gotten a smidge worse each day. Nothing too bad yet, but I have a feeling it will be bad. Already looking into ginger candies, pills, tea lol

what day do you guys start testing? I was planning on testing in 5 days at 9dpo but now I'm thinking that might be a bit early. That's when I've tested in the past but it hasn't really mattered because all I've had were BFN's

what day do you guys start testing? I was planning on testing in 5 days at 9dpo but now I'm thinking that might be a bit early. That's when I've tested in the past but it hasn't really mattered because all I've had were BFN's

The cycle I got my BFP I tested on 12 DPO because I started feeling queasy. I actually hadn't planned on testing at all on that cycle, but waiting until we had the blood test at the doctor's.

Other cycles, I sometimes tested as early as 10 DPO and many of them, I'd simply wait until 14 DPO but by then I'd already started my period.

Jury3 - The only things that took the edge off the non stop nausea were 50mg B6 and 1000mg Ginger capsules as well as eating almost nothing but simple carbs. Also sleeping a lot. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but I was miserable. I think mine was made worse by the progesterone suppositories. Be kind to yourself. It's all worth it. :cloud9: Grad school might be tough for the first couple months. I had to drop a distance ed course I was doing because I was just too sick to even watch the lectures on the PC. All I could do was read my Kindle or real books. No telly, no video, no laptop for more than a few minutes. Nightmare. I did read a ton though.

Tynmeg - lol the difference in the trimesters really struck me each time I changed. It's too bad pregnancy club isn't more active, because it's a far saner place than 1st Trimester, generally.

AwesomeTwo - sorry to hear AF arrived. Best of luck with your time off trying. It'll be great for you, I'm sure.

My update: this week, I ordered crocs. My feet are starting to feel like large bruises at the ends of my legs! My boss (joking) has forbade me to wear the crocs at work, suggesting dealing with the pain is a more noble option than being seen in public in ugly shoes. Dignity is taking daily hits now. That day a few weeks ago when I threw up and peed myself at the same time was only a warning of things to come. Start doing your kegels now, ladies. It's never too early. :dohh:

Jury - congrats! So excited for you! wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

JD - you are totally right about the forums LOL! I have stopped looking altogether cause we are doing the "old fashioned" route and none of it applies to me. No ultrasounds, no testing, no predetermination of sex or anything. Just waiting for the tiny punkin to bake. People have called me crazy for doing it but I figure, humans exist and have for long before all these tests and technology so I will just trust that my body was made to do this and know that what ever happens happens :-D

cmonbfp-I always say I'm going to wait until 12 or 13 dpo because that's when I would get spotting by. However, several times I caved around 9 or 10 dpo and that seemed to hold me over until AF time. This month I tested on 12dpo ONLY because my temp went up that morning...

JD-I cannot back out on grad school! I fought so hard for it and DW would kill me if I had to drop...Luckily it's only 1 night a week for 8 weeks. My teacher seems really easy to work with and understanding, so I think I'll be ok. Even if I'm throwing up in a trash can during class I may have to stick it out lol

Punks-Thanks! I can't believe you're 21 weeks already! Congrats! I was going to try and go without ultrasounds, but I have to know the sex so I can shop and paint lol I'm too much of a planner to just relax and not know...How early did you call your midwife? How early did you meet with her? I'm going to a Meet the Midwives night in a few weeks at our local birthing center. They will do births in the center or at your home, so I might go with that option. How are you feeling?

I am happy to be halfway there :-D eagerly awaiting meeting the tiny punkin! I am finally feeling a little better though mornings are still rough. Tiny punkin is getting very active now and I really enjoy getting to feel the movement even if it is a kick to my bladder :-D
We contacted the midwife before we even conceived because it is kind of hard to find someone to do a homebirth in Iowa since CPMs are not legal...and then about 2 weeks after we found out it had stuck. Had our first appointment in May I think around 8 weeks.

Hi Punks!

20 weeks! That's a great time. It really starts to fly now! I find I have relaxed so much since I can feel the Spud kicking. And these days, it sometimes takes my breath away! They say that soon s/he will have less room for kicking so that's probably a positive.

Besides ultrasounds (and we have had those), we haven't done any testing and we don't know the sex. I'm genderqueer and I'm enjoying everyone else not being able to gender stereotype my baby before s/he is even born. I'm convinced, somehow, in my head that it's a girl, and I do not want buckets of pink, lacy crap either! And my mother so would...(she always wanted a fashion plate for a daughter)

I figure the kinds of things I *really* want to know about my kid, no test can tell me. I want to know if they like books, or cycling, or if they're more into television and team sports. I want to know if they'll always love the piano I bought instead of spending a fortune on a fancy new pram! lol No test can tell us that stuff, so we're happy to wait. I needed the ultrasounds for my own peace of mind though. My cousin was born with only one kidney, so I was happy to see all the organs doing their jobs and in the right places.

I also am anaemic with gestational diabetes and bouts of very low blood pressure, so I couldn't have steered clear of ultrasounds regardless. I guess I've been quite sick. In the home stretch though, and so, so, so excited. I finish work in less than 6 weeks.

Jury - not saying you should give up on grad school. Just be kind to yourself. You should be fine if it's a lot of reading -- that's all I could do through the nausea myself. But yeah, tell the instructor anyway, in case you are yawning and puking in the back of the room lol

thepunks - good for you for not going for scans and tests, it must feel really nice and free.

jd and jury thanks for your testing advice I'll see if I can hold out until 12DPO. I guess at 12 DPO the chance of a false negative is pretty slim whereas at 9dpo it's possible. I guess I tell myself I wanna know asap if its a bfn so I can prepare for next month and let my donor know etc.

I finally get to start testing soon!! will start either Sunday or Monday!! omg!

Yay, good luck to both ashnamber and cmonbfp! Fx for yas!

You ladies who got your BFP's how many cycles did it take you? What age were you when you got your BFP?
I'm wondering if it is the 'same' approx time for us who do insems instead of having sex. Maybe if I figure it out I'll do a poll :)

I'm 37. We tried with home insem for 3 years. The first medicated IUI we did took in February.

Thanks Jury and JD!!

JD did you try any medicated home insem cycles?

I'm 35 and i did iui's with 50 mg of clomid. Worked on cycle 2 but ended in early mc. Worked again on my 3rd try after mc and I'm currently 9w+2d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->