lesbians in tww or 10dpo ish

Hi Eidson! Most of us on this forum are using known donors - I actually can't think of anyone who isn't at the moment. My wife and I tried using frozen twice before switching over to a known donor. That shit was expensive!

Anyway - I'm completely open to talk about *anything* and so let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!

Thank God!! My friend and her wife just had a baby using a known donor, but she doesn't seem nearly as worried as I am! I didn't know how common it was honestly. Our donor is actually a friend of my wife's from high school, so me not really knowing him may play into why I'm so terrified. I started a journal today, I'm just waiting on the approval. He's going to be an active part of our baby's life, like an uncle of sorts. Is that common too?

I think that's fairly common, yes. Our donor is actually my wife's brother - so he quite literally is going to be like an uncle. haha.

Honestly, we were both SUPER freaked out about the idea of using a known donor.. for a lot of reasons. I'm sure several of those reasons are what's bothering you too. I think those fears are common. I believe the best thing for you to do is to air those fears - be as open as possible with both your wife and the donor. Be clear about everyone's wants and plans for the future. I think people get into trouble when they keep things hidden. Especially for those of use who are going to have a continued relationship with our donors.

Also, we all signed something before we started the process. A donor contract. It was a way for everyone to feel protected. Where I live both my wife and I are able to be the legal parents so, when the time comes, the three of us will take the signed document to a judge and his "parental rights" will be transferred to my wife. It's nice because that way her name will actually get to be on the birth certificate. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but it helps us when we have moments of "agh! what if he tries to take the baby?!" (we don't seriously think this is a possibility.. but our brains play tricks on us sometimes!)

I think that's fairly common, yes. Our donor is actually my wife's brother - so he quite literally is going to be like an uncle. haha.

Honestly, we were both SUPER freaked out about the idea of using a known donor.. for a lot of reasons. I'm sure several of those reasons are what's bothering you too. I think those fears are common. I believe the best thing for you to do is to air those fears - be as open as possible with both your wife and the donor. Be clear about everyone's wants and plans for the future. I think people get into trouble when they keep things hidden. Especially for those of use who are going to have a continued relationship with our donors.

Also, we all signed something before we started the process. A donor contract. It was a way for everyone to feel protected. Where I live both my wife and I are able to be the legal parents so, when the time comes, the three of us will take the signed document to a judge and his "parental rights" will be transferred to my wife. It's nice because that way her name will actually get to be on the birth certificate. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but it helps us when we have moments of "agh! what if he tries to take the baby?!" (we don't seriously think this is a possibility.. but our brains play tricks on us sometimes!)

Right! Well Texas has great donor laws, meaning anyone can be a donor without going through a physician, so technically as long as we keep him off the birth certificate he is labeled as a "donor", especially since there won't be any intercourse. But they definitely don't have any second parent adoption just yet. I believe it's in the making, but it's a ways out. Do you have any suggestions for creating a donor contract? I've seen a few online but not sure where to go with that one.

We downloaded one from online (HRC maybe? Can't remember now.. sadly that was a long time ago..) and then went through it and deleted all the sections that didn't apply to us. It was pretty simple and straight forward. It's really not *necessary*, just something we did because my brother-in-law can be unpredictable at times, haha. Turns out he's been like the perfect donor.. outside of the fact that he likes to partake in certain extra-curricular activities that worry me about the quality of his sperm. But.. I can't ask him to change his entire life for this process (although I've definitely thought about it...)

Honestly the most awkward part about the whole experience is the moment of "so.. here's a cup.. see you in a few?" Other than that - it's been pretty smooth sailing so far!

AF arrived the same day our donor unexpectedly bailed.

So I guess we're on hold til we figure this out. :dohh:

Also got CD21 bloods done this cycle. Progesterone was 6.0. Doc says that's normal, but I think it's low. Any thoughts?

<3

2 moms- sorry about AF, i know its a frustrating journey. What day do you O? Its supposed to be 7DPO, which is D21 only if you O on 14. Do you O early? If you do, maybe you were higher a few days ago? I thought greater than 10 was good for a natural cycle and greater than 15 for a medicated cycle. I would have thought 6 is low but I am going by what I have seen on here. Since I ended up doing meds at the end my doc said they were looking for 15-20. I was never checked on a natural cycle, so don't know other than what I have seen on this website what is an ideal number, but 6 sounds low to me. Maybe post in assisted conception, I'm sure there are ladies that know better than me. Keep the faith, it will happen. Would your doctor let you try clomid anyway to have a stronger O? Can't hurt to ask.

I can't wait to be back in the game! I have been chatting to a donor who actually lives near us which would take away the stress of hotels n travelling as it was so much easier with our donor in London when he could come to our house. The second donor definitely wasn't feesible long term in terms of commuting and fitting it around work etc so we would be willing to continue with home insemination if we found the right donor. We are also attending an adoption open evening in June as we are also considering adoption. We have always wanted to carry a child each and then adopt so we may do the latter first depending on how things pan out. My wife has a couple more stone to lose and her hormone levels still not right and we are no where near financially able to self fund ivf this side of Christmas and yeah we just want kids so much right now, like everybody here I guess. I hate not actively trying right now.

Hi! Just a quick one about known donors. I used one for years unsuccessfully and then conceived first time with clinic sperm (frozen) and IUI.

I don't want to be discouraging but I'd encourage everyone to have your known donors tested for disease and to ask about any genetic diseases in their families and see if they match up with yours (and then go after genetic testing). I live in a country with a very high CF rate and the clinic required testing and I found out I carried it. If our known donor had too, we could have had a very sick baby. The only instance of CF in my family is my father's first cousin. It never occured to me it would be still in the family.

I found myself in a position to be very relieved our years of frustration hadn't worked.

Hi everyone! How's it going??

I'm just about rounding out my first tww back and it's been as confusing as ever! I thought I was out because my temp started going down and I tested bfn yesterday, but then it popped back up this morning. I thought AF was due tomorrow so I'll test again sometime this weekend if temps stay high. We'll see!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4f44fd

Fingers crossed Savasanna. We found a fertility clinic who consider you for egg sharing if your a bit overweight and bmi under 35 not 30 but losing weight so submitted an initial enquiry x

That's great, Awesome! How long till you hear anything?

Well, Friday's test was bfn and today my temp has dropped to cover line. I'm gutted. I can't believe this is my story. I'm so tired of waiting, of wondering when and if this will ever happen for us. It feels unfair. I'm so angry. I hate this.

It sucks this whole journey but just keep focused on why we are all doing this

We spoke to woman at fertility clinic and she is posting out the forms we need to fill in. Then the consultant looks at them and if no red herrings then she has bloods and a scan and if that's ok then we can proceed. Owing to my wife's tempermental hormones, it could go either way for us really. Fingers crossed. Egg sharing is 70% the price of regular ivf and we won't be able to afford that til next year if not accepted so fingers crossed. My wife has joined a weight watchers type group (slimming world) and is doing well do hopefully her bmi will be below 30 by end of summer which will mean we could apply for nhs funding if not successful with egg sharing x

hi ladies, can i join?

so happy to have found this thread. my wife and i have been married for almost a year in aug and have been together for 5yrs. i have 3 kids from a previous marriage and we just had our 1st iui last tuesday soo im 8dpo and just hoping to see a bfp this weekend.

wtf is my temperature doing this cycle?!?

____

Welcome Claudia! Fx for you! When do you plan on testing?

wtf is my temperature doing this cycle?!?

____

Welcome Claudia! Fx for you! When do you plan on testing?

thanks! im 9dpo and have been testing since 6dpo getting bfn of course but im still hopeful :) trying to hold out is too hard

Oh I understand. My first cycle trying I was testing allll the time. I'm pretty good at waiting now though - bfns ruin my day so it's better for me to just wait.

I'm CD5 now so I'm just hanging out waiting to ovulate. We just made plans for our donor to visit next weekend so I'm glad he's available.. that's always my biggest concern.

how long have you been ttc? this is our first month. thats probably why it doesnt bother me getting bfn because its our first month. i think if it doesnt take, next time ill wait instead of poas all the time.

thats awesome that you have a known donor :)

We started ttc back in October. We had two cycles using frozen sperm, but it was too expensive and we were just charging it to a credit card which is dangerous. So we actually approached my wife's brother and he agreed to be our donor. I got pregnant after two months trying with him, but unfortunately had an ectopic pregnancy. We were just cleared last month to start trying again so this will be our second month post-ectopic. So this will be try 6, but we've been going for 8 months. I'm definitely ready to get a bfp and be done with this already!

Which cryobank are you using? We went with Pacific Reproductive Services. I actually still remember our donor number.. haha.

oh thats awesome! my wife threw her brother out as an option but quickly dismissed it. we moved on lol we thought abt her bff but hes such a douche now. we thought abt her sisters fiance who im sure would do it but idk i think its too close for comfort so we went with a sperm bank. we used fairfax cryo its ten minutes from my job lol

im sorry about you ectopic. i hope you get a bfp soon :) hows your wife thru all of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->