lesbians in tww or 10dpo ish

Yea - the IUI was on Thursday and we think I ovulated on Friday. I can't believe it's only 3dpo!

I found another member for our group! I'm posting so she can see this thread on the first page.

Welcome HopefulPony!

I'm here! A couple of days late lol - I forgot to look, doh! I'm 5dpo at the moment :)

Savasanna- sorry to see CD 1. Its such an emotional journey. Don't give up, don't loose hope, it will happen. Give yourself some time and then rally for the excitement that a new cycle brings. I've never asked before, but always mean to, do you teach yoga or practice a lot? I always mean to ask because of your username, but always forget.

Awesome- how's it going?

Hopefulpony- good luck this cycle!

Thanks, guys. This CD1 was by far the most difficult. And then made harder when our donor indefinitely bailed on us with no notice. I guess this was all too much for him. So, after a lot of tears we decided on one more try using frozen sperm. I still have my clomid and we're going to go for back to back IUIs. There's a lot riding on this cycle.. I'm trying not to psych myself out too much.

Ging - I do practice yoga, but I'm not a live, breathe, sleep yogi. But I've found a lot of comfort and solice during difficult times in those yoga mat lessons. I've fallen out of the habit (I like hot yoga so summers usually slip as it's hot outside) but I've been thinking it may be time for me to return. I think my brain needs it. I chose this username (spelled wrong but only one 'n' wasn't available) because the day before I signed up my instructor referred to that pose as "breathe deep, let go and trust that the ground will hold you" - I liked the metaphor to this crazy ttc world.

Awesome - any news on a potential match? Do they give you updates or do you just kind of hang out until you receive a phone call?

Hopeful - how're you doing?

We have to just sit tight unfortunately.

Rubbish re: donor. Are you going to do IVF if iui doesn't work? X

Unfortunately, I don't think we could swing IVF. As far as I know there aren't any egg sharing programs in the states like the ones you're using, and a single IVF cycle is somewhere around $17,000. That's just not possible for us. So, we're going to give this cycle a go with frozen sperm and if it doesn't work... ??? Maybe start looking into adoption? Maybe take a few months off and save money to try again in the spring? Not sure..

This is such a horrible process. I can't believe some people get pregnant on their first try. It's getting harder to not be jealous of that.

That sucks. I know some people who travel to Europe for cheaper ivf like in Denmark etc but I guess you have travel costs and work to factor in.

I hope this works for you. We are fortunate that ivf would cost us £4000 ish which is more saveable. Egg sharing ivf is costing us £1300 including sperm which is same as iui would cost us.

Adoption is still an exciting thing if it comes down to it. Either way you will be a modern family.

We have been told we should be waiting around 3 months before we can start ivf though they can't say for sure. Could be quicker or longer lol. Hurry up time x

Yea - we're going to go for two iuis this month (more money but the damn shipping is like half the cost so you might as well make multiple gos of it) and it's going to end up costing $2,300. It will, of course, be worth it if it works, but if it doesn't it's hard to not feel like you're just throwing money out the window.

Well, I just secured a pretty solid side job catering so that will at least be some extra money coming in to help offset these costs.

I hope you get called soon, Awesome. I feel like we're the only two left!

IUIs scheduled! I had two +opks this morning so we're doing one IUI this afternoon at 1:15 and one tomorrow morning at 8am. Do you think that sounds too early? I'm hoping we catch it while the sperm is still alive and active. I wish someone could tell me how long frozen sperm live for.. I've heard anything from 12hours to 3 days. I guess no one can know for sure..

Savasanna- I always had the same questions regarding frozen sperm and always found the same exact answer as you- six hours to 3 days. Helpful answers right?!?! I think your timing sounds good. I have everything crossed for you!

Thanks - we received some not so great news in that the sample was bad. :nope: Our dr said there were sperm present, "enough still to get pregnant", but that most of them were dead. So I don't have a ton of hope for this cycle. This is so frustrating.

I'm sorry to read that. I hope you are pleasantly surprised at the end of this wait, it only takes one after all. This happened to another girl on here that I used to talk to. She called and complained and the bank refunded her money. It can't hurt to try? That's a lot of money at stake.

You must be getting so excited! Do you know what you're having?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->