lesbians in tww or 10dpo ish

GL with your wait! Are you using a known donor or frozen?

We were taking this month off to prepare for next month's iui but decided to do a spur insemination last night anyway. I think it was too late for me (I got my +opk on Saturday) and it was only about 10 hours post our donor's SA (so, likely not enough time for proper sperm regeneration) but we figured it couldn't hurt. Plus, ya never know, right?

So, I'm still considering this a skipped month, with the slight possibility of success. My temps are being super weird this cycle though. I really have no idea what's going on anymore.

How are things going for you, Awesome?

GL with your wait! Are you using a known donor or frozen?

We are using a known donor, we used a KD for our daughter who is now 9 and were very happy with being able to ask medical questions whenever need be. We got BFP forst try with her so I am croasinf my fingers its the same this time, BUT not getting my hopes up as we are using a different donor this time.

We are sat around waiting really. Got our next appointment in a couple of weeks and from then we should have our results in 3-4 weeks and be waiting for a egg recipient match which can take days or weeks and sometimes.months. Will be worth it though to only pay £650 for ivf plus sperm and help out a infertile couple etc x

Hi everybody,

We are about to start to try for a baby and we are both very excited - we are trying with a donor. We did lots of research for the AI and we foudn so many different ways and so many unusal ways - can't believe it, but we also think of IVF as we read there are higher chances to concieve, of course we are going private. Do you guys have link I can use to do further research for IVF and all the tests and meds. At the moment I can only find bits and pieces here and there and I like to have complete picture.

Thanks for your help.

Fonkey- I don't know any links, but I did IVF and am here if you have any questions. There are a ton of different protocols, I did a pretty straight forward standard one, but even still, different clinics do things slightly different. Do you have specific questions? Or just trying to get an idea of the basic process?

Awesome- hope you don't have to wait too long for a match!

Jury!! Cute pictures of the babies. Glad you are well.

Savasanna- hope you don't need the iui next month. Are you doing a monitored or unmonitored cycle if you proceed? If you have any questions, I'm here. I did them for a year.

Thanks ging! I believe we're doing an unmonitored with clomid, however I'm concerned about that because I often don't ovulate within the 24-36 hour time frame, post my first positive opk. I also will have several +opks in a row. So my main concern is deciding when to actually do the iui so it's not too early or too late.

For example, this month I got my first +opk (and I mean really positive) on cd12, yet I didnt' have my temp spike until today, cd18. So either I had a +opk 4-5 days before I actually ovulated, or I don't have a temp spike until 3 days post o. It's just confusing and I feel a lot of pressure to interpret everything correctly.

And then I stress that I'm stressing too much.. oh boy..

Do you think it's worth asking my obgyn to monitor? Or am I just reading into things too much?

Savasanna- I think its normal to worry about the timing. I stressed about it too. Do you use the smiley face OPK or the sticks with two lines? If you are not using the smiley face ones- makes sure you do for the IUI. And not the ones that flash when the peak is near, just the ones that will only give a smiley if it's a true positive. I liked them a lot, because when I would take the cartridge out I would notice that if I had only been using the ones with two lines, I would have interpreted it as positive well before the actual smiley. Maybe you are already using them and do get multiple days of positive, like your body keeps gearing up, but takes a couple of days?? If that is the case, clomid should take care of that. I don't know how your clinic will time the IUI, I have seen it done so many ways on here- another reason I used to stress, because even trying to get answers, it seemed every clinic did it slightly different. I was always told to test in the morning before noon. I would call the clinic when I got my smile face and the IUI would be the following morning. To be honest and to make you feel better, I arrived at the same day for the IUI (on clomid cycles) monitoring at home and then monitoring with labs work and ultrasounds at the clinic- so all that stress about timing turned out to be for nothing because they were right that the smile face OPKs were pretty accurate. If your biggest concern is the timing, I would ask for the trigger shot before asking for monitoring, that way you are sure to ovulate in a certain time frame and don't have to pay the additional money for the monitoring- I know it's expensive. The IUI can be timed exactly so many hours after the trigger shot and you are guaranteed to nail the timing- then you never have to stress and wonder if you were off by a day. Washing the sperm for the IUI drastically cuts down on how long the sperm is alive for, so if I were you, I would ask for the trigger shot so that you know for all this money you are spending, you know you are dead on for timing. Just a thought. Clomid gave me night sweats and I was a bit teary/emotional on it- but nothing unmanageable. Are you using frozen for the IUI or is your donor helping? The other thing you could do if your donor is proving the sperm for the IUI is still do AI at home to give yourself the best possible chances. We used frozen so only got one shot at it a month, but if you have a donor, definitely use it to your advantage!!!! I hope you never need the IUI though!

Oh god why does making a baby always sound so complicated on here lol

Fonkey, are you in Uk or US?

Ging - that was super helpful - Thank you for taking the time to write all that out!

quick follow up question - I found it interesting that you suggested getting a digital opk - I've seen that recommendation before. I was wavering between the clear blue and the first response digital. I thought that, because I usually have like a week of +opks, maybe I have a naturally higher level of lh that could potentially produce a false positive clear blue opk. I read that the first response digi records your average lh level, so as to detect a surge specific to you. However, I feel like everything I read, including the info sheet provided by my obgyn, recommends the clear blue.

Would you still recommend the clear blue as opposed to fr?

Savasanna- I have only ever used the clear blue digital. I really liked them. If you end up doing the trigger shot, you won't even need to use the OPK- at least I didn't on those cycles. You just go exactly so many hours after the shot. Some OB offices will prescribe clomid but not shots, so if that's the case, just use the smiley face. Hope there isn't a next time though.

Awesome- how's it going?

Thanks again, Ging, that was all super helpful!

I'm going in today for my cd21 labs. My temperatures have been REALLY unusual this cycle, which makes me a little nervous that the labs will come back super low, and they'll determine I'm not ovulating or something, even though this cycle is abnormal for me. At the same time, maybe this is a blessing in disguise as it will enable me to talk about trigger shots with my obgyn.

Also, still waiting on the results for our donor's SA. Hoping to hear about those today too.

Thanks!

got the SA results in.. annnnddd.. everything looks great! Whew - what a releif! This makes me a little nervous as I worry there may be a problem with me - but I feel like any problems I may be having can be fixed with the clomid and (possibly) a trigger shot.

Woohoo! Suddenly I feel like this story might actually end with a baby!

Savasanna- Of coarse your story will end with a baby :) Everyone's here will.

Glad the SA result was good!

We have our next appointment next week for more bloods after that just waiting on consultant appointment and blood results where he will tell us what drugs and protocol we will have etc and hopefully won't be waiting too long for a match x

Just an update from me - iui is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10am! Eeekk!!

Ooo how did it go? Nothing new to report here, had another appointment for counselling and more bloods and waiting for last lot of bloods to come back and consultant appointment. After that we just need to wait for a match. Shed loads of waiting x

Looooaaadds of waiting! So happy to hear that you're almost through with all the red tape though! I hope you don't have to wait too long to find a match!

The iui went really well! My wife and I are over the moon excited with all the possibilities. This is going to be a looooong and painful tww!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->