• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lesbians in tww or 10dpo ish

Aussie - fxd that af stays away! :dust:

awesome - mum and mum could work just fine too... I read alot of forums and blog posts about the whole same sex parent names and most people seem to just use the normal names like mom and mom or in your case mum and mum. supposedly it is usually clear who the child is addressing.

And I agree it kind of feels weird that we would use other names. Over here it seems like there are a million different names for parents. But each family or area of the country uses some more than others.

Thanks, and fxd that everyone who is waiting for bfp's get them this cycle!! My breasts have been sore since about 6dpo and have not gone away yet so im actually feeling a bit hopeful! Hopefully my body isn't playing tricks on me lol... It does that sometimes :S...

And I am french so maybe mom and maman... Not sure lol... I just dont want the child to call out mom and we both respond lol.

dutiful23-The temping is definitely a helpful tool to make sure you O'd. I usually get EWCM after I O, so for me, the temping helps pinpoint when it actually happens. That way we know we don't need to keep inseminating. I set my alarm for the same time every morning, even if that's not when I'm getting up that day.

thepunks-Don't test! Hold out as long as you can!

aussieagility-We have talked about doing mommy and mama. We'll see. I assume it could always change once we actually have a kid lol

AFM-AF showed up today. Disappointed bc it's 3 days early. On to cycle #3 for us...

Hugs to you Jury3... hopefully you get your BFP soon...
Today is rather annoying for me... Day before AF is due... Hoping she doesn't show... But maybe this new donor has super swimmers lol! If not then on to next month...

Also wanted to mention that I think this following cycle I am going to start temping... I used OPks for the first time this month with First response tests but only got a positive line one of the days :s... Now sure what that even means lol... But to be fair I wasn't very disciplined when testing! So this cycle I am going to start charting with temps and OPKs... See what happens.... Honestly I don't even know for sure that I ovulate! Other then the one positive on the OPK... Anyone know for sure if the LH surge that gives a +opk mean for sure that you O'd?

The positive opk does not mean that you O'd for sure. It means that your body has released a surge of LH indicating you will O in the next 12-48 hours. The rise of your temps actually confirms that you O'd. The opks are kind of like "It's coming!" and the temp rise is like "It happened, you can relax." lol I've heard that First Response is not good as far as opks though. I use wondfo (purchased on Amazon) and Clearblue digital. The Clearblue digital is my favorite, but they are more expensive.

Hmmm well then technically I don't even know how many dpo I am... if I even did O! Temping it is then... Is temping a pretty sure thing then?

Also wanted to mention that I think this following cycle I am going to start temping... I used OPks for the first time this month with First response tests but only got a positive line one of the days :s... Now sure what that even means lol... But to be fair I wasn't very disciplined when testing! So this cycle I am going to start charting with temps and OPKs... See what happens....

I have been using OPKs for the last 3 cycles and they can be kind of annoying to deal with sometimes. It is possible to have only 1 positive OPK before you O. I typically only get a pos the day that I O. It can be different for everyone since the amount of LH surge that each person produces is different. Some people get a positive OPK and then they O within the next 2 days usually but they might get positive OPKs each day until they O or they might only have 1 like me.

Catching the LH surge can be tricky. I would suggest making sure to NOT use your first morning pee since it typically does not contain the highest amount of LH. It is best to test with the 2nd pee of the day sometime between 11 am and 2 pm, but you have to make sure to hold your pee for 4 hours before you test.

Honestly I don't even know for sure that I ovulate! Other then the one positive on the OPK... Anyone know for sure if the LH surge that gives a +opk mean for sure that you O'd?

Like Jury mentioned...The temping will definately help with knowing if you actually O. OPKs only tell you if your body is producing an LH surge which happens before O. But sometimes your body can produce the surge but then nothing happens. Once you get a temp rise then that is the confirmation that your surge actually triggered an egg to release.

You can check out the fertilityfriend.com website they have a bunch of info their on tracking your cycles and they even have a free course that you can read through about it. Their site is really handy to chart and you can even use a free account to do it, unlike some of the other charting websites I have seen.

We have found vaginal temps way better than oral too. Way more consistency. I have the fertility friend ap on my fone which is fantastic

Sorry to hear about af too :( fingers crossed for a march aka Xmas baby x

I am thinking about doing vaginal temps this month too. I just want them to be as consistent as possible. Plus, I feel like this last month there wasn't much difference between my pre-o and post-o temps. I've always had a nice temp rise and it seemed small this time. So, I went ahead and ordered a new basal therm just to be safe. Here is my plan this month:

-Inseminate every other day starting CD 11, totaling 4 inseminations.
-Start opks on CD 10 and test 2/3 times everyday until temps confirm O.
-Temp vaginally with new thermometer.
-Continue rotating after insemination (10-20 minutes on each side).
-Take FertilAID and FertileCM.
-Get back to drinking a cup of green tea everyday.
-Drink lots of water.
-Quit drinking soda.
-Make healthy food choices (lots of fruits and veggies).

I also might use softcups and preseed this month. I'm hesitant to use the softcups bc I've never used them before. I might test them out now. I'd rather leak AF than lose precious spermies....

We also bought soft cups n never used them as were fiddly and we worried we might put it in wrong and somehow block the cervix so no sperm could actually get in lol. I use a moon cup during my period but soft cups are massive in comparison!

I love soda, but it's so bad! I'm addicted :( I think I will go get some softcups tonight and try them out...

Hi guys,

So delighted to find this thread. My wife and I (well, my womb, as she has premature ovarian failure) have been ttc for -- well, FF says I've recorded 27 cycles, so that's some indication.

No longer TTC -- we're in the 2nd long wait, waiting to find out if the pregnancy is viable, etc -- ultrasound scheduled for March 26th.

We did the temping/ov tests/soy/cough syrup/soft cup/preseed/baby aspirin/waiting for male friend to jerk off into a cup thing for a long time.

In the end though, it didn't work for us (which is frustrating, because I know people it worked for the first time, every time and they have 7 children). We begged, borrowed and stole (not really stole) enough for 1 round of IUI with proper tested donor sperm (from Denmark!) and it took. So we're pretty chuffed right now, but cautiously until we see a heartbeat. We know we could be back to square one any day. I'm 36, so the risks are high.

I wish you guys all the best of luck. I know it's hard on relationships and everything when you're going through this, and extra hard sometimes because we don't often have the support our straight friends and family have. :flower:

Hopefully I'll see you guys in the 1st Trimester forums soon...

I love soda, but it's so bad! I'm addicted :( I think I will go get some softcups tonight and try them out...

I use softcups every month for AF and have been for about the last year. I really like them as it cuts down on the waste and it is alot cheaper. They do take a bit of getting used to at first though so give it a few days try.

Good luck J.D hope it sticks!! Where did you have the iui?

We had it done in a clinic in Ireland, about an hour from where we live.

Last year we said "feck it" and asked family for only cash as presents and started putting aside every penny. I started walking to work and brownbagging lunch and we saved up enough to have a stab at IUI. It's weird because everyone else in the waiting room seems rich. lol

But we're pretty glad we did it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"