Lets Get Fit and Help our Cycles

good good, i think im doing well in my watching what i eat plan, mostly good foods, ie yoghurt or milo for snacks and as much healthy dinners/lunches as i can, i have stopped buying crap and only buy healthy snack options :) i hope it works for me

yay dandy i hope it works for you too

oh wow shey a dress size :happydance: thats awesome

i think i have lost about 2 kg...but im going away this weekend and am worried about putting it back on. i think thats just from the food i eat, if i did more exercise i could prob lose more faster :dohh: ive not walked for 3 days :blush:

thank you dandy!
yea I dont walk much but am constantly running after my son so the weight drops and the foods I eat help.

haha thats great exercise :thumbup: eating good sure makes a difference doesnt it

i really hope by oct 1 my cholesterol has gone down...so my dr can be happy about that fxed

yay! just stick with eating foods that are high in protein and cut out the carbs and drink water and herbal teas and the weight will drop.

:sick: i dont like tea... i went to dinner the other night i had the option of chips or mashed potato, i asked for no potato and just extra veges :) i was very proud of myself when i love those chips!!

i should drink more water too...:blush:

Hi everyone hope you don't mind me joining. For various reasons I have put on a bit of weight and I'm trying to lose 4 stone which seems like so much but when I break it down it's not that much.

I need motivation which I lack a lot of because of my depression, I can barely cook (oh what an excuse!) too. I am generally quite fit as I have 3 dogs which I walk everyday and me and the OH are prone to 8-15 mile walks once a week.

I am essentially a comfort eater and unfortunately all the things I eat to comfort me are junk. Bleh!

Sequeena just cut out the carbs for awhile and drink water and tea and exercise and you will drop the weight. I am on a protein diet and I have lost 22 lbs already

:wave: welcome sequeena :hugs: I hope we can give you the will to improve :)

what you need is a really yummy food that is HEALTHY so you can comfort eat to your hearts content :)

do you keep fruit in the house? do you like fruit? i dont know what you have over there but maybe look in your health food section and try some of their "snacks" i have recently found i LOVE vege chips from our healthfood section :thumbup: they are my naughty foods apart from that i have stopped buying unhealthy stuff so if i am hungry/nibbly i only have decent things to choose from, like fruits, yoghurt, low fat ice cream, milo, fruit bars

sorry didnt mean to bombard you. I really hope we can help you with your journey :hugs:

No worries I appreciate the advice.

Carbs are my downfall, especially crisps. They're so nice :blush:

I love peaches and always have them in my house, I just seem to find myself reaching for everything else before them though!

I also drink way too much fizzy pop. I try to counteract this by drink as much water as I can but I don't like the taste of tap water (and I refuse to buy bottled) so flavour it with some squash...

I also have an exercise bike which I use but lately it has been gathering dust and the cats are using it as a diving board :haha:

Things I eat daily now are salads with vingerette dressings. cause the thing people do wrong when they eat salads is pile it up with creamy dressings which is nothing but fat. So I eat my salad with raspberry vingerette dressing, some cottage cheese with peaches for lunch, for breakfast I have either a piece of toast or some eggs, for dinner I have meat and veggies and in between I have protein shakes or protein bars. I also snack on fruit and lowfat yogurts and drink lots of water and at night drink peppermint and mint tea.

:haha: sounds like you need more will power girlie (im in the same boat) i buy 1 bottle of coke to last us a week and the rest of the time i drink watered down juice or cordial

i wish i had an exercise bike :dohh: also with the fruit im the same haha i reach for everything else first, i think it would be better if they came chopped up for us, i dont buy the pre chopped packaged stuff cause i dont trust what they have done to it all the time, i would rather fresh stuff

shey :thumbup: you are doing soo well

i have cereal with low fat milk (my cereal has flakes and bran and oats and whatever in it) then i have a fruit bar for morning tea (sometimes) and a sandwich for lunch or a salad with mustard and ham mmmm, arvo tea maybe a milo and dinner i try for meat and veges, but havent been shopping for a while :dohh:

Aww dandy you'll get there try adding either protein shake or protein bar in it and you'll be just fine and try eating some more veggies like zucchni, squash, carrots, greens, salads and you have a good diet.

Things I eat daily now are salads with vingerette dressings. cause the thing people do wrong when they eat salads is pile it up with creamy dressings which is nothing but fat. So I eat my salad with raspberry vingerette dressing, some cottage cheese with peaches for lunch, for breakfast I have either a piece of toast or some eggs, for dinner I have meat and veggies and in between I have protein shakes or protein bars. I also snack on fruit and lowfat yogurts and drink lots of water and at night drink peppermint and mint tea.

Thanks for that hun I actually had some peppermint tea in the house but my cat loves the smell so I gave them to her to play with :dohh:

Today my OH is paid so I think I will let him have his chips and get myself something nice... salad and a nice minted turkey breast or something

:haha: sounds like you need more will power girlie (im in the same boat) i buy 1 bottle of coke to last us a week and the rest of the time i drink watered down juice or cordial

i wish i had an exercise bike :dohh: also with the fruit im the same haha i reach for everything else first, i think it would be better if they came chopped up for us, i dont buy the pre chopped packaged stuff cause i dont trust what they have done to it all the time, i would rather fresh stuff

It's only a basic static exercise bike but it is rather good :D You'd think I'd be fit as a fiddle as I live on the mountain but nope!

At least I've managed to quit smoking for over a month :haha:

I was thinking of doing the special k diet... It's a cereal which you eat twice a day (or have the bars) and then you have a healthy dinner. It sounds good but I don't want to pile all the weight back on as soon as I come off it :/

you're welcome Sequeena and wish you best of luck on your weight loss journey. you can always pm me if you have any questions or anything.

good luck dandy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->