Lets Get Fit and Help our Cycles

lol yes ill take heaps and post some lol im heading shopping now have a good night :hug:

LOL @ 'leg beard'!!

Ooh, dandybrush, enjoy Vegas! I've only been once and I loved it but DH thought it was tacky...which it is, but that's what I loved it for. I hope your hotel has a nice pool area...haha that's what I enjoy the most. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

mummy3, how does your hair look? can you post a before and after? I'm a natural blonde but have gone magenta red and dark brown so I know what you mean, it's a big change! I bet it looks great though. What did OH say?
Also, I see you're a Brit living in the states. :flower: We have a similiar situation, kind of. I'm American, but DH is from Scotland and we met while I was studying there. We lived in the UK for a few years but I took him back tot he states with me. How do you like it here?

Zumba is like dandy said, a dancing form of exercise. It's Latin inspired and really enjoyable, and really doesn't feel like exercise at all. What I like is you don't need any dancing skills lol! I go to a class but you can get it on DVD.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

so, I didn't go to yoga today, too hot. They heat the room while you do it which I don't like so it sounded miserable. I ate well today (fruit, sandwich, veggie burger) except we went to the cinema and I ate an entire 100 gram bar of dark chocolate AND had popcorn! :blush: Very naughty....

Oh, but I did do 30 minutes of walking this evening around the neighborhood. Hopefully I can do better with the snacks tomorrow!

Good job everybody that exercised today!!! :thumbup:

:thumbup: good job Allie what movie did you see? tsk tsk on the popcorn and choc lol

you will be proud i shared my lunch with my mum today, Had a chicken burger with salad on it (half the burger) and half a small bowl of chips :) I thought i was very restrained

its been raining here, hoping to get out for a walk in an hour, spossed to have agility tonight with my dog, but if its raining wont go :(

well i did my half hour walk :) and about 80 situps :thumbup: agility has been cancelled tonight so going off to see what i can make for dinner

Hi Girls,

Can I join you please, I have just started back NTNP this month. I have been trying to get fit and healthy since after xmas. I have lost over 20lb so far, and would ideally like to lose another stone (yes that old chestnut) before a :bfp:........although not essential but preferrable.

I have been doing this by cutting down my fast food intake, processed foods and following UK Slimming World (good healthy habits), also reduced alcohol, but I have drank more the past 2 weekends as been a few get togethers with friends. Exercise wise I am doing things myself at home, I do 30 mins circuit training per day, then some more targeted pilates every other day and I just started going jogging with my OH 3 times a week. Really enjoying getting fit as I can see the results in my clothes now.

Good luck everyone and I hope you don't mind me joining your thread. x

:flower: Hi kittykatbabe welcome to our group!

Allie your situation sounds like ours, I'm Scottish and hubby is American, california native. We met at Uni in UK then moved over here for hubbys job:thumbup:

Can I ask why they would heat the room for yoga? That sounds really uncomfortable:wacko:

I will get pics of the hair when hubbys back this evening, he knows how to put them on the computer. It looks strange but I like it! Both my daughters have yellow blonde hair and blue eyes, now dd1 wants to go same dark colour:dohh:

I'm trying to get the energy to take all 3 out for a walk:sleep:

well i did my half hour walk :) and about 80 situps :thumbup: agility has been cancelled tonight so going off to see what i can make for dinner

80 situps?! I cant even do 4:wacko: I just tried to see how many I could do :rofl:

:wave: welcome KittyKat good work on the weight loss :thumbup: i have added you to the front page:hugs:

80 situps?! I cant even do 4:wacko: I just tried to see how many I could do :rofl:

:rofl: well more like crunches? you are not supposed to sit all the way up, its bad for your back (from what i've been told)

for dinner I had a fist size piece of steak on rice with lots of vegies :) :thumbup: the naughty part was the choc chip cookies i ate while i cooked :blush:

80 is still a lot of crunches!
We ended up at mcdonalds:blush:good news is walked there so thats 40 mins:thumbup:

Its really hard to not snack when cooking:hugs:

i did 100 crunches the day before...i think my stomach hurt earlier this time so i couldnt get to 100 again lol

lol mum3 yes the 40 min walk would be good :) did you have a healthy burger (do they have the healthy options in the US?)

did you walk with all 3 kids?? how on earth did you get them to behave? lol

Ok so spoke to my OH he wanted me to make an app before we go to vegas :) so ive made an app and am going to see the dr next wed before we fly out on the friday. Im gonna feel embarrased talking about this stuff to a person :blush:

Welcome, Kittycat! :)

Good job with the exercise dandy and mummy3! I will use that as my motivation to get out there tonight because I'm really not feeling energetic today. I'm working as a nanny over the summer and the baby is teething and he was a lot of work today. Does childminding count at exercise lol? I know it doesn't technically, but I did get worn out!

Eating well at their house is a struggle, too. They had NO fruits or veg or meat in the house at all! :shrug: So today I ate waffles, grilled cheese, shortbread (100 calorie pack), and popcorn. Yikes! All in small quanitities thanks goodness...but the carbs! Now hubby is cooking enchiladas....wow, I'm stinking at this diet thing so far. :blush:

mummy3, I really don't know why they heat the room for yoga....okay, just googled it and a site says it 'cleanses, calms, and conditions.' I guess they mean by profuse sweating lol. I'm really new to yoga, just started a few months ago and I sit at the back twisting around like a fool most days, but it's fun.

dandy, don't feel embarassed. That's what they're there for and they talk about this kind of stuff all day long. I'm glad you made an appointment! It can't hurt and will hopefully be really useful. :)

thanx Allie :)

haha yeah when you actually write down what you eat the bad stuff sure adds up lol :haha: maybe you can do better tomorrow

cant you do normal yoga without the heated room? that might be more comfy for you

Ok so spoke to my OH he wanted me to make an app before we go to vegas :) so ive made an app and am going to see the dr next wed before we fly out on the friday. Im gonna feel embarrased talking about this stuff to a person :blush:

:thumbup: dont be embarrassed about talking to your doctor:hugs:

I dont like the idea of exercising in a hot room:nope: but yoga does sound fun!

Yep I walked all 3 of them, youngest in stroller, toddler with reins and the eldest chatting away at the side:haha:

haha you put your toddler on a leash :haha: does he heel as nicely as my pup does?? :haha: i guess its easier for his safety :hugs: how old is the oldest? have you said

(edited to say: i mean none of the above to be mean/harsh :flower:)

:rofl: his training is coming along ok, if it wasn't for the leash we would never get anywhere, hes way too distracted!

My eldest is 5 going on 15, very much considers herself a teenager:dohh:

lol cute, I hope you train with positive response not punishment lol (thats how i train my pup haha, I dont want to hit him so he gets time outs for being naughty and rewards for being good)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->