Let's get pregnant in 2012!!!! TTC #1 after loss

Temping is fun, but it drives me CRAZY. I've been tempted to stop temping during the TWW because it drives me nuts to see the temps fluctuate like that.

I don't know how many rounds I'll be getting; he didn't say. He says he thinks my case is "easy" and that Clomid can fix it. Gosh I hope he's right.

here's hoping thats the case for you sweetie :D

It's probably safer to stop temping in the 2ww, thats just even more stress added into the equation - I'll be stoppping once FF has detected ovulation (so hoping that will be any day now) xxx

Hey girls...do you mind if i join you? we just had our 4th loss in november, and are still hoping for our healthy baby in 2012..

Hi ayclobes, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, you must be one brave woman :)

Have you had any testing done to see if there's a cause for the losses? how are your periods since the loss, have you had AF yet? xxxx

Hi ayclobes, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses, you must be one brave woman :)

Have you had any testing done to see if there's a cause for the losses? how are your periods since the loss, have you had AF yet? xxxx

thank you, i keep staying positive b/c god would not give me what i could not handle. My d&c was 11/23 and i started spotting 12/30. I started lightly bleeding yesterday--not enough for a pad or anything though. Today its still spotting..but kinda like the end of an af for me..idk if i'd call it a af though? I've had all sorts of testing done and it seems like the only thing i have been diagnosed with is PCOS.

PCOS, is that all they can say, can't they give you progesterone cream or anything next time you do fall pregnant (If I'm right pcos can cause a defiency there?)

Did you use OPK's and were you TTC after your recent loss? just wondering if you had any + opk's. I'm cd20 after my loss and still no positive but then again I was on clomid when I fell pregnant which meant I was on really short cycles (30 ish days) before then I had long 50+ day :(

Hi everyone

how are you all doing? Sorry christmas was hard for some of you... :hugs: was pretty tough going for me too. All attention was on my sister on xmas day because of her big bump, and then she gave birth on boxing day!! Great that she and my new nephew are all fine and healthy but it was tough. Glad to be home now :)

Been away for over a week so have missed a lot of chat. Tanzi I don't know if going private is worth it or not, you just have to do what feels best for you. It might be worth enquiring about an initial appointment - if they can only offer you the same treatment as the NHS then you might decide to just wait til April but if they can offer you something extra then it could well be worth it. What does your other half think?

Tweak thanks so much for telling me about your HSG experience. I really didn't expect it to be painless but glad to know it's not excruciating! Have also heard it can make you more fertile for a time after so fingers crossed for both of us...have you started on the clomid now? Any side effects? Good luck for DH's SA.

I think I'm 4 dpo now but was caught out last cycle with FF moving my ov day 3 times! So we're not stopping dtd just in case. Am wishing so much to be able to cancel the HSG....

Ayclobes hello and so so sorry for all of your losses :hugs: Agree with Tanzi re progesterone, I've also got PCOS and chatted online with a few women who were told they really should be taking it when pregnant. Am going to be pushing this much harder with my next pregnancy. Re spotting I had on/off bleeding and spotting for 12 weeks after my d+c. It drove me totally round the bend. It could just be your hormones etc settling down but have a chat with your doc if you're worried xx

congratulations to your sister, I guess it's good it happened after the all important xmas turkey dinner and not during right? ;)

I've done some research into going private, with Bupa if I pay £70 a month it covers a tonne of stuff (this option was the highest cover) - but it doesn't cover conception!!!!! so back to drawing board, like you said might be worth just having an initial appointment and going from there. Hubby thinks if I can make the payments to do it but after finding out what it doesn't cover it seems quite pointless now.

I'd love to see your FF chart over the next week, so hoping something great happens :D

Ha yeah would've been a bummer after all that cooking to have it interrupted :)

Yeah I knew that if you take out medical insurance it doesn't cover fertility but you can still go to a private hospital and see a consultant, then pay them whatever their charges are. My friend did that, they were only ttc for 6 months and she didn't want to wait for a year as the NHS demands so they paid to see someone and he ran all the blood tests, HSG etc and gave her clomid. If there's a private hospital in your area they may have a website? The one up the road from us has one and I was able to read info about all the services they offer. But not prices...I think my friend spent somewhere around £800 for the appointments, tests etc.

PCOS, is that all they can say, can't they give you progesterone cream or anything next time you do fall pregnant (If I'm right pcos can cause a defiency there?)

Did you use OPK's and were you TTC after your recent loss? just wondering if you had any + opk's. I'm cd20 after my loss and still no positive but then again I was on clomid when I fell pregnant which meant I was on really short cycles (30 ish days) before then I had long 50+ day :(

I was on progesterone (the crinone gel supps) as a precaution, even if my midwife didn't think i needed it. I did use opks--the CB Digi ones i used. I was on no fertility meds, i lost 21lbs right before i got pregant. My cycles are 26 days and i usually o around cd12-13. We also were going by the sperm meets egg plan starting when i got my 1st positive opk

Hi everyone

how are you all doing? Sorry christmas was hard for some of you... :hugs: was pretty tough going for me too. All attention was on my sister on xmas day because of her big bump, and then she gave birth on boxing day!! Great that she and my new nephew are all fine and healthy but it was tough. Glad to be home now :)

Been away for over a week so have missed a lot of chat. Tanzi I don't know if going private is worth it or not, you just have to do what feels best for you. It might be worth enquiring about an initial appointment - if they can only offer you the same treatment as the NHS then you might decide to just wait til April but if they can offer you something extra then it could well be worth it. What does your other half think?

Tweak thanks so much for telling me about your HSG experience. I really didn't expect it to be painless but glad to know it's not excruciating! Have also heard it can make you more fertile for a time after so fingers crossed for both of us...have you started on the clomid now? Any side effects? Good luck for DH's SA.

I think I'm 4 dpo now but was caught out last cycle with FF moving my ov day 3 times! So we're not stopping dtd just in case. Am wishing so much to be able to cancel the HSG....

Ayclobes hello and so so sorry for all of your losses :hugs: Agree with Tanzi re progesterone, I've also got PCOS and chatted online with a few women who were told they really should be taking it when pregnant. Am going to be pushing this much harder with my next pregnancy. Re spotting I had on/off bleeding and spotting for 12 weeks after my d+c. It drove me totally round the bend. It could just be your hormones etc settling down but have a chat with your doc if you're worried xx

after my d&c, i spotted for maybe a week..could be shorter. I am pretty sure that my 1st af after d&c started 12/30..it was much lighter than normal, but i know it was not spotting. someone told me if i didnt even fill a pad..then it was not my first cycle after the surgery. Each time i used the bathroom..it was bright red blood..much like if i was on my af except lighter. I put it on fertility friend..and it put it in like it was a cycle.

£800 wow that is pricey! but I guess it's something to consider.

ayclobes - good luck with the SMEP, thinking about doing that myself, got any advice?

£800 wow that is pricey! but I guess it's something to consider.

ayclobes - good luck with the SMEP, thinking about doing that myself, got any advice?

we actually did the SMEP when i got pregnant i september..we started to bd the day that af left up until i was like 3-4dpo. We bd'd every 2 days, and i put one of those softcups (the instead ones) in after to keep his swimmers as close as they needed to be..it sure did its job!

Hmm well FF would put any bleeding in as AF. It's so hard to know whether a bleed is really a period or not without blood tests or temping. The only reason I knew my bleeds were not true periods after my d+c was because I was temping and they stayed low for the whole 12 weeks so I knew they were never real periods. It was still so frustrating though, I got very wound up about it all :wacko:

Tanzi yeah £800 isn't cheap eh! She now has twins so I'm sure she would say it's the best £800 she ever spent :)

ayclobes - Might try SMEP then! I've got the softcups but had an interesting experience with them, if I wasn't so freaked out by the thought of shoving something other than hubbys penis up there I'd probably be alright.

smiler - £800 for twins sounds like the greatest investment ever :D

ayclobes - Might try SMEP then! I've got the softcups but had an interesting experience with them, if I wasn't so freaked out by the thought of shoving something other than hubbys penis up there I'd probably be alright.

smiler - £800 for twins sounds like the greatest investment ever :D

LOL yes, i completely understand. But, the more you try it/do it, the more you'll get used to it...plus for us it helped lessen the mess we usually have.

AFM - I am positive this was the start of af, b/c i started full flow bleeding today.. :happydance: I never thought i'd be this excited about getting af..but i am. Now, i can start my other vitamins(maca, multi, prenatal, folic acid) now. I'm on the metformin, but hadnt been taking a multivitamin b/c im on a 1520/day calorie diet..and the vitamins are 15cal..but i'll prob start them again..either that or my prenatal.

Glad to hear you're excited about AF, I guess its a fresh start and like you said a chance to use your vitamins, let us know how it goes :D

Yes i will! when i got pregnant in sept, i took the maca (its supposed to help balance hormones [i have pcos..so they're all over the place). I took maca, metformin, multivitamin and wham bam pregnant..it was a shocker..but im kinda hoping the same thing will happen again soon..but this time a healthy bean.

Ok..so i started spotting 12/30. today was my first day of bleeding..like on a pad..do i count today as cd1?

I would yes, my doc said cd1 is the day you bleed anytime before 1pm, if thats any help. I would probably count today as cd1 :)

Ok, I have a question, might be a bit controversial but before your losses did any of you have the flu jab? I had the flu jab friday, started spotting sunday and lost baby on Tuesday, I am becoming more and more convinced this was what caused my loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->