Let's grab that BFP with both hands and make it ours! January Testing Thread

Wish-I'm still not counting you out. Yes, you had a drop of doom, but it could go back up tomorrow, especially if you haven't gotten AF just yet. A spot here or there, doesn't mean much until it turns into more than a spot or a little baby.

VJean-If you're going to buy a new outfit, just make sure it camoflauges the 5 pounds. Then you don't have to worry about starving yourself just to look good in front of DH's ex. Sucks she has to be there but maybe she WON'T be there because she doesn't want to see you. hee hee. That would work out well. Yes, I'd take the baby too and roll out if it gets overwhelming.

AFM-I'm SO glad I'm not in the TWW right now. I cried several times at work today. It's just been overwhelming having everybody asking ME for stuff. There are other people that work here too and I was really just getting asked from EVERYONE ALL MORNING. Plus, just because I'm good at my job, work hard and do what I say I'm going to do, doesn't mean you need to micromanage me. I'll get the answer to you when I can, so leave me the F alone until I get the answer to you!! :growlmad: So...i spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom this morning on different occasions, and then had tissue all over my face when I came out. Boooo...hee hee.

I feel better now because my day is just about over and I refuse to let these people get to me. When I was in the bathroom, I was ready to just walk right to my boss and put in my 2 weeks notice. Luckily I have a little more self control than that, and now that I'm married, I should probably discuss things with hubs because I have him to think about as well. What a day. AND school starts back up next week! happy happy joy joy.

Yes Erose u want to O so wait until u get your CH thats what most do unless u get a trigger shot!! My FS said 2dpT or 3dpo!!!

They don't monitor U while on Clomid??? How do u know how many Follies u have or if your lining Is good?? :shrug:
I always go on CD10 for monitoring so they can check all that!!

Terri :hugs: hope u feel better soon and let me know if I need to come up there and Unleash the Cajun on them!!! ;)

Er - I would say after o otherwise it can delay your ovulation - usually I start about 3 dpo:hugs:

On phone so excuse curt reply

X

Oldermom, wow, that article was pretty wild. Referring to the egg pieces as "cubes" gave me a bit of the heebie jeebies. But ya know what, if they're helping give women babies, I'm all for it!

Which leads me to a question for those who think I should take the P supps earlier, rather than waiting until I get a faint line like my Dr suggested. I got to thinking about the fact that Clomid can sometimes thin the uterine lining in some women. I might suggest a scan in my next cycle to see if it is doing that to me, and potentially caused the CP. In the meantime, my question about the supps is, I wouldn't take it every day of my cycle, right? Only after O, during the TWW?

I hear you about the cubes. It makes me think of a cheese plate, for some reason....
Good idea about the scan, as us in the more mature sect seem to be somewhat prone to a thin lining. As for the supps- if you decide to take them earlier, it is only after ovulation has occurred that you take progesterone. I wait until the second day after ovulation (two-three days of raised temps) before I take them.

Terri- Really sorry you had a sucky day at work. It seems to turn out that way- the hard workers are the ones who get the most questions and the extra work. :hugs: TGIF!!!

Sis- I agree about the ice. I am from Maine, and we don't go out in the ice unless someone has lost a body part.

terri - sorry to hear about your crappy day at work on a FRIDAY... that is just unacceptable :devil::devil::devil:
my husband is also an engineer in manufactoring but here in Illinois and this has been the week from hXXL... must be something in the engineering air!!!
i do the same thing - hide in the bathroom - I am in the Army and there is no WAY someone is going to see me cry - even after 20 years... somethings women just can't do in public...
I hope you have a great weekend with the DH... and you are refreshed when Monday comes around...
and thank you for hoping for me... still no AF but I betting overnight that the sneaky witch appears!! :growlmad:

Vjean - that whole party thing SUCKS... baby shower and the x wife...say it aint so...yep take the baby - she will be the best distraction ever!!

Sis - had to giggle a little about you and the hubby getting the Bd'ing going!! that's the fun part...sometimes it hard to remember TTCing...
:happydance:

Thanks all. You really know how to cheer up a girl! Tomorrow night we're going out with a group of about 10-12 people to Fogo de Chao, which is an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse. It's so great going there and gorging yourself. hee hee. My high school bestie is still friends with several people from high school/college, and they (we) all still hang out, so it's really fun. I need this outing BADLY. These are my longest time friends. My dad is retired military, so we moved a lot. I'm used to having friends for about 3 years and then we would move, so it's nice to hang with people I've known since I was a pup (age 16 and up).

Oh, and I went to Target to get some new OPKs, and I realized I got the CB digi, but not the CB ADVANCED digi. I might have to test in the day and at night because I want to make sure we BD at the right time. Luckily there are more test sticks than the CB Advanced. *sigh* Seems like I can't win today, but that's ok. It's FRIDAY!!!

More :hugs: terri. Have a blast at FdC! I've always wanted to go there :) . How many more semesters do you have left of school?

Yep, take your LO VJean :thumbup: . What a lot going on! Definitely have a sneakout plan ready :winkwink: .

GL and FX moni! :dust:

I'm finally in the house with just me and my thoughts, whew! So much I want to do but so little time! :wacko:

Thanks all. You really know how to cheer up a girl! Tomorrow night we're going out with a group of about 10-12 people to Fogo de Chao, which is an all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse. It's so great going there and gorging yourself. hee hee. My high school bestie is still friends with several people from high school/college, and they (we) all still hang out, so it's really fun. I need this outing BADLY. These are my longest time friends. My dad is retired military, so we moved a lot. I'm used to having friends for about 3 years and then we would move, so it's nice to hang with people I've known since I was a pup (age 16 and up).

Oh, and I went to Target to get some new OPKs, and I realized I got the CB digi, but not the CB ADVANCED digi. I might have to test in the day and at night because I want to make sure we BD at the right time. Luckily there are more test sticks than the CB Advanced. *sigh* Seems like I can't win today, but that's ok. It's FRIDAY!!!

Aww, good, your dinner should really cheer you up, sounds like a blast! I, too, love hanging with my friends from my teens. We have so much fun. Enjoy! And feel better! I hate when I cry at work. I have an office, so I can close my door, but sometimes I'm afraid someone will bug me anyway, so I make a beeline for the restroom.

Btw, I personally like the non-advanced CB digi better than the advanced. The advanced worked great for me the first couple times I tried it... two days of flashing smilies, then the solid smile showed up and stuck around for the two days. But after those initial times, it started to skip the flashing smiley sometimes, and even weirder, it would occasionally give me flashing smilies at super random times of my cycle (like if i experimented with it right before AF or something). I could get over all that though... but my main reason for not loving it was because the solid smiley sticks around for two days whether you want it to or not (as I'm sure you noticed). I like the freedom to test again the day after getting the solid smiley, to see if my surge lasts the two days (I'm weird, I know). With the non-advanced one, the solid smiley will come and then it disappears like normal, and then I can test again the next morning to see if it's still there, just because I'm such a ridiculously curious person. But it made sense when DH was out of town and I got the smiley that Sat, so when I woke up Sun morning, I was dying to know if the LH surge was still happening for his arrival the next day, hehe!

Thanks so much Girls for all the :happydance: , :yipee:, and :wohoo:!!!! I really have been on :cloud9: all day and I'm glad that you girls can share that a bit too, since you understand how stressful this whole process can be and how bad we all want this!!!!! I will try to figure out how to upload a photo.

:dust::dust::dust: for testers - there's still lots of :dust: left for you!!! I didn't take it all. :winkwink:

Thanks so much Girls for all the :happydance: , :yipee:, and :wohoo:!!!! I really have been on :cloud9: all day and I'm glad that you girls can share that a bit too, since you understand how stressful this whole process can be and how bad we all want this!!!!! I will try to figure out how to upload a photo.

:dust::dust::dust: for testers - there's still lots of :dust: left for you!!! I didn't take it all. :winkwink:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Moni have fingers & toes crossed for you! :flower:

afm I think I O'd yesterday, but didnt BD, grrr. Ended up in a bar last night and DF had a few to drink while listening to the band, when we got home he just fell fast asleep :sleep: Checked my CV this morning, its closed good and tight now, so that's the best I can do this month as far as BDing. Now onto the TWW.......

off topic, I'm off to drive halfway across the country to get a second hand apple mac as mine died last night, poor old thing has just given up... I cant believe it died, I was in the middle of doing a new CV for a great job in my area.... grr. Talk about timing.....

Atty-Well, hopefully there were some little guys waiting at the door for ya! I think we have to prepare our guys a little in advance of what we want so they don't fall fast asleep when they get home. If it's that urgent for them to sleep they can give you a present so you can have a restful sleep! hee hee. How are your kids feeling now that DF is going to be around for a while?

Sorry you have to get a new computer. Are you taking your old one with you? Maybe they can fix your old one instead of having to buy a new one. Be safe!

Hi ladies!!!!! I had ALOT to catch up on....who are my eyes tired! Lol

Batty/Atty....glad your DF came on board. I think he realized his boys would betray him someday so it was just better to be in on the game! Lol

Terri....that all you can eat place sounds FABULOUS!!! food is NOT my friend these past couple weeks even my favorite stuff makes me turn my nose up and darn near gag. Lol. And you tell those ppl at your job I said to leave you alone. Can't have you all stresse out with tissue on our face looking half crazy at work now can we? But I'm sure we've all had those type of days either at work or at home etc. in those moments just remember it's always darkest before the dawn. :hugs:

Oldermom....hiya!!!!

SPP....okay I had to Google the terms you used and at the same time laugh at some of your others posts. Always a pleasure reading your posts.

ERose...Erin, what do I call you? Lol.

Futuremom...CONGRATS!!!!! Very happy for you! Take your prenatal and folic acid. When is your appt with the dr?

Sorry to everyone else who the witch came to see and this only means that you ladies have an excellent shot at making some V-day babies. I hope Cupid's arrow is filled with baby dust and sticky beans.

AFM, Monday I went in for my initial appt and had an u/s saw and heard the heartbeat. My crazy husband has jokes the whole time we were there. I was on cloud nine til yesterday when I had some bleeding after I went to the bathroom. Called my dr and they had me come in right away, did another u/s and he said everything still looks fine. Was able to see and hear the heartbeat again. He said a good sign was when he did the vaginal u/s no addition blood was on the wand. Right now I'm just trying to be positive and hopeful, that's all I can do.

AFM, Monday I went in for my initial appt and had an u/s saw and heard the heartbeat. My crazy husband has jokes the whole time we were there. I was on cloud nine til yesterday when I had some bleeding after I went to the bathroom. Called my dr and they had me come in right away, did another u/s and he said everything still looks fine. Was able to see and hear the heartbeat again. He said a good sign was when he did the vaginal u/s no addition blood was on the wand. Right now I'm just trying to be positive and hopeful, that's all I can do.

Sounds great!! Sometimes they can't find the reason for the bleeding. I had a small SCH with my DD's pregnancy, and everything was fine. Other ladies complain because every little (or not so little *ahem*) thing that touches their cervix causes bleeding (due to an increased blood supply to it). Your chances of loss drop dramatically after you hear the heartbeat. :thumbup: Thank-you for the update!

Smiles - OMG a heart beat!!!!!! :thumbup: That's so exciting!!! What week are you at? I've heard stories of girls having several full-fledged periods at the start of their pregnancies and it working out, but it's always good to check with doc I think.

AFM, I went to my doctor yesterday and she ordered bloodwork for this morning, Monday morning and Wednesday morning to check hormone levels (HSG?). She said she wants to see it double each time. If it does, no worries and she'll see me at week 7 (Feb. 17 = OH's b-day!!!). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

As for how I told my man...I ended up buying "What to expect when you're expecting" (doctor's recommendation) and I wrapped it up with the positive pee-stick and put it at OH's place at dinner. He thought it was a house warming gift since he officially closed his house sale yesterday and we are now officially living in sin (as my mother would say :winkwink:). He was stunned but also thrilled. It was awesome!!! It's funny cuz we've been trying for 5 months, which of course seems like an eternity to me since I'm obsessed, but he actually thinks it happened really fast!!! :haha:

:dust: for Moni, ERose and anyone else still testing...updates?

Negative this morning - 2 weeks post IUI - so prob accurate. So I am waiting for AF - unless I just don't know how to POAS.

Thermometer died again this morning...guess I do need to look for the other one.

:hugs: Moni hope u see a Line Tom!!!

Smiles hope the bleeding stays away!!! How exciting to hear a <3!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->