Let's grab that BFP with both hands and make it ours! January Testing Thread

AFM, Monday I went in for my initial appt and had an u/s saw and heard the heartbeat. My crazy husband has jokes the whole time we were there. I was on cloud nine til yesterday when I had some bleeding after I went to the bathroom. Called my dr and they had me come in right away, did another u/s and he said everything still looks fine. Was able to see and hear the heartbeat again. He said a good sign was when he did the vaginal u/s no addition blood was on the wand. Right now I'm just trying to be positive and hopeful, that's all I can do.
Smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles!! :kiss: Thanks so much for the update :) . Awwwww, sweet heartbeat <3 . Staying positive is absolutely one of the best things you can do :thumbup: . You do your best to enjoy every moment of your pregnancy love. And for me, my 100% pure disgust at all food seen, heard, and smelled up until around 21 or so weeks resulted in healthy pregnancies that gave me my boys. So kiss that porcelain crown (if you're throwing up) and/or ride that nausea like a racehorse :p .

Negative this morning - 2 weeks post IUI - so prob accurate. So I am waiting for AF - unless I just don't know how to POAS.

Thermometer died again this morning...guess I do need to look for the other one.
Bleh, so sorry about the BFN moni :hugs: . Treat yourself while waiting. Maybe she won't end up coming anyway and for the best reason.

AFM, I went to my doctor yesterday and she ordered bloodwork for this morning, Monday morning and Wednesday morning to check hormone levels (HSG?). She said she wants to see it double each time. If it does, no worries and she'll see me at week 7 (Feb. 17 = OH's b-day!!!). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

As for how I told my man...I ended up buying "What to expect when you're expecting" (doctor's recommendation) and I wrapped it up with the positive pee-stick and put it at OH's place at dinner. He thought it was a house warming gift since he officially closed his house sale yesterday and we are now officially living in sin (as my mother would say :winkwink:). He was stunned but also thrilled. It was awesome!!! It's funny cuz we've been trying for 5 months, which of course seems like an eternity to me since I'm obsessed, but he actually thinks it happened really fast!!! :haha:
Awwwww, how sweet! Glad you guys had a wonderful time celebrating the news :cloud9: . FXFXFX for great numbers! :dust:

Me, starting to gather boxes and things. Soooooooo ready to clean house!

I was at the mall when the shooting occurred. I hid in a dressing room, I'm home safely now. SO SCARY!!

AFM, Monday I went in for my initial appt and had an u/s saw and heard the heartbeat. My crazy husband has jokes the whole time we were there. I was on cloud nine til yesterday when I had some bleeding after I went to the bathroom. Called my dr and they had me come in right away, did another u/s and he said everything still looks fine. Was able to see and hear the heartbeat again. He said a good sign was when he did the vaginal u/s no addition blood was on the wand. Right now I'm just trying to be positive and hopeful, that's all I can do.

So happy to have the update!! It makes me so hopeful :)

Oldermom, you can go ahead and put that witch by my name. Temp took a major dive below CL today, and spotting and cramping has officially begun. I'm certain she'll be here by morning.

I'm a tad bummed, but not as much as other times... I didn't really have super high expectations for this month anyway. I've been feeling like Feb is gonna be it. Got a full cycle behind me after the CP, I'll be back on the same dose of clomid, and I have the P supps. I'm feeling very positive and optimistic about Feb. I felt like I was gonna get prego in Dec, and I did. So why not trust my instinct and just enjoy Feb too, right? :)

In fact, I feel like it's gonna be a lucky month for lots of us!!!! :flower:

Oldermom, you can go ahead and put that witch by my name. Temp took a major dive below CL today, and spotting and cramping has officially begun. I'm certain she'll be here by morning.

I'm a tad bummed, but not as much as other times... I didn't really have super high expectations for this month anyway. I've been feeling like Feb is gonna be it. Got a full cycle behind me after the CP, I'll be back on the same dose of clomid, and I have the P supps. I'm feeling very positive and optimistic about Feb. I felt like I was gonna get prego in Dec, and I did. So why not trust my instinct and just enjoy Feb too, right? :)

In fact, I feel like it's gonna be a lucky month for lots of us!!!! :flower:

I'll do as you wish. I get tired of saying this (there have been too many this month), but so sorry about the witch!:hugs::hugs::hugs:
That's right, February is the month!!

Sounds great!! Sometimes they can't find the reason for the bleeding. I had a small SCH with my DD's pregnancy, and everything was fine. Other ladies complain because every little (or not so little *ahem*) thing that touches their cervix causes bleeding (due to an increased blood supply to it). Your chances of loss drop dramatically after you hear the heartbeat. :thumbup: Thank-you for the update!

The dr didn't seem too concerned about it at all but of course I was! He said " well.....everything looks fine NOW, I can't predict the future" so of course I was laying there thinking " WTH?!?!...." But then I realized he was right and whatever was gonna happen would happen and I couldn't stop it. I can only make sure I am doing my part to bring a healthy baby here, the rest is out if my hands. But I have to say it's still taxing on the nerves. Lol

Smiles - OMG a heart beat!!!!!! :thumbup: That's so exciting!!! What week are you at? I've heard stories of girls having several full-fledged periods at the start of their pregnancies and it working out, but it's always good to check with doc I think.

AFM, I went to my doctor yesterday and she ordered bloodwork for this morning, Monday morning and Wednesday morning to check hormone levels (HSG?). She said she wants to see it double each time. If it does, no worries and she'll see me at week 7 (Feb. 17 = OH's b-day!!!). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

As for how I told my man...I ended up buying "What to expect when you're expecting" (doctor's recommendation) and I wrapped it up with the positive pee-stick and put it at OH's place at dinner. He thought it was a house warming gift since he officially closed his house sale yesterday and we are now officially living in sin (as my mother would say :winkwink:). He was stunned but also thrilled. It was awesome!!! It's funny cuz we've been trying for 5 months, which of course seems like an eternity to me since I'm obsessed, but he actually thinks it happened really fast!!! :haha:

:dust: for Moni, ERose and anyone else still testing...updates?

Awwwww.....that was a really nice way to tell him and that book is great. They even have an APP for it now I believe, technology I tell you. Lol

I am 7 wks 2 days to be exact. Lol. Let us know how you make out with the blood work. Fingers crossed for you.

I was at the mall when the shooting occurred. I hid in a dressing room, I'm home safely now. SO SCARY!!

OMG!!!! So glad you're okay! I know that had to be ultra scary. Thank God you're okay and home safe and sound. :hugs:

Smiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles!! :kiss: Thanks so much for the update :) . Awwwww, sweet heartbeat <3 . Staying positive is absolutely one of the best things you can do :thumbup: . You do your best to enjoy every moment of your pregnancy love. And for me, my 100% pure disgust at all food seen, heard, and smelled up until around 21 or so weeks resulted in healthy pregnancies that gave me my boys. So kiss that porcelain crown (if you're throwing up) and/or ride that nausea like a racehorse :p .

Negative this morning - 2 weeks post IUI - so prob accurate. So I am waiting for AF - unless I just don't know how to POAS.

Thermometer died again this morning...guess I do need to look for the other one.
Bleh, so sorry about the BFN moni :hugs: . Treat yourself while waiting. Maybe she won't end up coming anyway and for the best reason.

Awwwww, how sweet! Glad you guys had a wonderful time celebrating the news :cloud9: . FXFXFX for great numbers! :dust:

Me, starting to gather boxes and things. Soooooooo ready to clean house!

Sweet....thanks for the encouragement. I've not puked at all just gagging and very low appetite and constant nausea but I'm riding it out. Lol

Smiles, sooo glad everything turned ok at the Dr. I've heard a little bleeding can be very common, but I'm sure you'd prefer to just not see that again! I know I'd be the same way. :flower: How sweet you heard the heartbeat. I'm sure that was amazing.

Terri - Oh wow that must have been scary for you:wacko:
Glad you are okay:hugs:

:hugs:

X

Smiles-Excellent update!! So happy everything is going according to plan!

Futuremom-Yay!! C'mon 7 week appointment. hee hee.

Everyone-Thanks so much for your concern. I immediately updated FB and you guys once I got home.

I'll just recap my story from yesterday here so I don't clog up the February testing story. I'll preface it by saying that I RARELY go to the mall. I've had clothes for many, many years, and I don't shop because it takes me forever to find stuff I like and think I'll actually wear. I had some Old Navy jeans that have been shrinking and basically, they are like highwaters and they're fading, so I figured yesterday I would get up early, get to the mall, and just spend some quality time trying stuff on. Well, it was snowing when I went to Nordstroms, bought 5 or 6 things, and as I was heading downstairs to get something for Kyle, I found out the snow had stopped so I had more time to dawdle. I walked into Express Men just to check things out. It is on the first level. As I was looking at some sweaters, the store manager said 'Everyone is running in the mall.' I looked up, saw many people running, and then she said 'I'm closing the gate, there's been a shooting. Everyone get to the dressing rooms.' So we all walked VERY quickly to the dressing rooms. There is a bench in there, so I went in, got my feet up on the bench, called Kyle and told him where I was. After about 10 minutes, the store manager said that everyone had to go to the storeroom. There was a mom with two boys aged 7 and 9, a grandma with a baby, and the rest were like moms with older kids, me, a few random mid 20s, 30s and the three store workers. Everyone was on their phone looking for updates, but there were no updates. After a while, conflicting stories were coming in about 3-4 people being dead, the shooter is on the loose, the shooter is dead, it happened in Macy's on the second floor, it happened over the new Jordan's, etc&#8230;After about another hour, we heard we were going to have to be bused somewhere and they were inspecting everyone's cars. In the meantime Kyle said that he was on his way to the mall. I told him to stay away (he was working right down the street). I told him my phone was losing battery and I would update when I could. I told my FB friends to not reply (of course, they were replying!). Finally, about 1/2 hour later, the police said we could leave, store by store. I was hauling ass!! Others were walking. I said to myself 'High heeled boots, don't fail me now!' I did not care if those people chose to walk, but I was getting the hell out of dodge. We passed bath and body works and there were shampoo and lotion bottles strewn everywhere. The food court was deserted. I saw one shoe, spilled sodas, coats/gloves still sitting there. I just kept running. I excited on the opposite side of the mall from my car, called K and told him to come pick me up because I couldn't run anymore and it was FREEZING. My coat was in the car. Thank goodness I had my hat for my bald head! hee hee. He picked me up and I just cried and cried. He got me back to my car, and we were able to leave. It was so scary.

Apparently, a young guy killed a male and female employee and then himself in a skate shop on the second level above the food court. Not sure if it was domestic related or not. All I know is that I'm so thankful that I'm alive and it'll be a while before I go back to the mall. I'm about to go to church, so I gotta go, but thanks for all your concern. Be thankful for what you have every day. You never know if tomorrow will come.

Well said Terri, thank-you for telling us. I am hugging DH and DD harder tonight because of it.

The dr didn't seem too concerned about it at all but of course I was! He said " well.....everything looks fine NOW, I can't predict the future" so of course I was laying there thinking " WTH?!?!...." But then I realized he was right and whatever was gonna happen would happen and I couldn't stop it. I can only make sure I am doing my part to bring a healthy baby here, the rest is out if my hands. But I have to say it's still taxing on the nerves. Lol

*snort* He probably thought he was being comforting.... But I stand by what I said before, you and your babe are likely fine. :hugs:

Wow Terri, so glad you are ok! What a crazy experience and unfortunately a little too common these days. :nope:

Just a quick update from me before I go back and read the threads I've missed.....:witch: is here in full force.

I had a FR Fertility Test that came free with my HPTs. So of course I haven't peed on anything for a few days, I am CD3 this morning, so I figured, why not use it? Big mistake! I failed the test miserably! I know my FSH was slightly elevated 2 years ago but I didn't think I'd be a big deal. I was contemplating making an appointment with my RE, but now I know for sure that's what I need to do. Bummer! Hopefully he'll put my mind at ease and tell me those tests are crap. Wishful thinking. :thumbup:

I've now spent the past hour googling natural ways to lower FSH. If y'all have any good tips, please share!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->