• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's lose weight together! Xx

I'm dreading weighing in too. I don't feel like I ate much more than normal, and went walking/jogging 4 times this week, but I weighed myself two days ago and had gained! I think I'm doing this wrong :cry:

Well I gained a pound :( could have been worse but not good at all. I'm definitely starting slimming world tonight, I need some guidance and support. Good luck to you all xx

Sorry about the gain admiral :hugs: But good on you for joining slimming world. Are you going to meetings or doing it online?

Well I went to the BBQ yesterday and absolutely stuffed my face :haha: Seriously I was eating like I'd never seen food before and it was sooooo good :thumbup: And I don't feel guilty about it today which is even better

You are so entitled to it Sambles!

I was expecting it so it made it easier. I am going to go to meetings. My weigh in will still be Monday, it's tonight at six. I am a bit scared to go! I think I will be more determined to stick to it than online coz you weigh in and the awards you get will be encouraging. Also if I have any queries they will be there to answer them for me. I need to be told what to do and I will do it! Xx

Yeah I am no good with online. Well maybe it;s a good thing really as it';s made you go to SW and in the grand scheme a pound is not bad.

I've got my weigh in tom and I;ve been good I promise - your countdown idea really helped! I got on the scales yesterday and I'm back to my morning sickness weight :) - I lost quite a bit through morning sickness but obviously gained it back in baby! But with no baby inside me I've not been this weight for a couple of years. Not sure hopw many pounds it equates to on the SW scales as not completely sure of the difference but reckon it's 2-3. But i didn;t go last week remember and had a bad 5 days last week

I went! It's really scary knowing I have to go next week and get weighed! Lol!
Fingers crossed for you eulmh, it sounds good! Check back in with us xx

I gained a pound. I'm gonna do better this week, I swear!

Same as me pitakat, don't worry. It's another week, let's aim for 2lb loss xx

only one bloody pound! either my scales are wrong/ sw scales are wrong or I'm retaining water - I'm going with one of the last two! :)

I wasn;t too gutted really as to be fair I didn;t get back on it til last wed and I had had an horrendous weekend - like I had a pudding so i though sod it and was shoving down the bread and butter when really a good swim or long walk would have burnt the pudding off! But anyway it's a pound off and I've started to think more long term and thinking if I keep going as I am I could be at least a stone lighter from now for Christmas. So what's the alternative? give it all up and put on a stone for Christmas? I've now earnt £82.50 and my hubby let slip that whatever I earn will be on top of my present so he is getting me something as well.

and when I look at the first page - also a ggod reminder it shows me how far I've come. You;;re very motivational Admiral! :)

Well done eulmh! Will update your numbers! Another step closer to your goal! I'm hoping to get my 10% award before Christmas, I have to lose a stone and a half to achieve that. Brill that you get a present on top!
Can you just have a quick look at my menu for today to make sure I'm doing it right:
Breakfast: 2 weetabix and milk from allowance
Snack: banana
Lunch: jacket potato with tuna mayonnaise and salad
Snack: grapes
Dinner: egg, chips and beans- want to taste what these chips are like!
Total of 4.5 syns for mayonnaise and sugar in tea
Xx

yeah looks good - also I use the lighter than light mayonnaise from Hellman's I can tell the difference but I've used it for so long I now prefer this one - bit like when I switched from coke to diet coke - I now can;t stand real coke! I can;t remember syns exactly but it;s either 1 or 2 syns for one tablespoon so you could save a couple of syns or have another tablespoon (at least) for the same amount. The chips I do like but they aren't chip shop chips - but on weigh day I always have chips cheese and beans - all within the plan but feels like an indulgence :)

I do need to look at the bigger picture - I was so fixated on my 30th birthday on Sept 11 th(4 weeks today) and yes I want to have lost weight for that but if I'm eating healthily and pick a nice outfit I will feel good and if I feel good I will look good!

I also make potato wedges so basically the same but just leave the skins on - I do that and have a quorn burger(if you like that) and a wholemeal roll as a B choice and then cheese on top - always feels like an indulgence but is really nice and on plan or I sometimes make my own burgers with extra lean mince very nice as well

Thanx Hun, yes I have the lighter than light mayonnaise. I bought some diet coke as a treat although it's allowed!
You will certainly feel better Hun. I to have to keep reminding myself that it's going to take time and I try to not think of a number, just to lose as much as possible by Christmas.
I'm working out later for the first time in ages! Lol xx
Oh and thanx for the tips! Xx

yes sorry i misread your syns - didn;t see you had included the sugar for 4.5 syns and thought you were just having mayo for that!

Enjoy your work out. I have been going swimming - it;s the only exercise I really love but I did my back in this weekend :( Alex not been well so I;ve been carrying him and rocking him a lot and think I pulled something - it feels a bit better today but going to leave it til fri again I think to swim again.

Lol!
I would love to go swimming but I would probably scare everyone out of the pool! There are so many things I want to do but won't coz I'm insecure of my weight, I have to keep reminding myself of that. I sit and watch my husband go swimming with our girl :( xx

I do feel insecure walking to the pool and then I see my reflection in the mirror and realise I'm walking like a fat person but then I think everybody probably feels the same and I think i don;t analyse anybody else coming in so why would they.

Hi girls!

Can I join you? I am 12 weeks pp and trying to loose my baby weight. I am eating healthily (mostly :blush:) and going to the gym 2 times a week, plus either doing a body combat class / horse riding once a week if possible.

I don't know how much I weighed at the end of my pregnancy / after birth as I avoided the scales at all costs!!! But weighed myself about 6 weeks pp and had put on 2 1/2 stone since my wedding 2 years ago. I was at my very slimmest for my wedding and although it was lovely, I think it was hard to maintain so... I want to ideally lose 1 1/2 stone to start with (by xmas?). I've lost 6 pounds since I first jumped on the scales so...

LOST: 6 pounds
STILL TO LOOSE: 15 pounds

Hi mrs T! Your very welcome. I will put your numbers on the front page. Well done on your weight loss so far :thumbup: xx

Well done on the loss eulmh :thumbup: I also think it's a good idea to look at the bigger picture. I get so obsessed with losing a certain amount each week and if I don't achieve it then I get really annoyed. But I should just think about how much I've lost rather than how much I've got to go

Admiral - your menu sounds really yummy. Hope slimming world world works for you

Welcome Mrs T. This is a lovely thread and everyone is very supportive :hugs:

I've been so proud of myself recently. Sunday I said no to a mcdonalds brekkie then today my OH bought me a corneto enigma and I said thanks but I didn't want it and had an apple instead :happydance: believe me it took a lot of willpower but I feel better for not eating them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->