Lets see your 6 week scan pics...!

wonderful!!

did you hear the heartbeat? hoping we can see/hear ours tomorrow!

so excited, has it made it feel more real?xx

Mine is now in one hour. I've just started on my 700ml of water I need to drink before the appointment. Don't know how they expect us pregnant ladies to hold in that much pee!!

Only 700ml, lucky you. My clinic says to finish 1L an hour prior to the appt. I drank 500ml in the half hour before the appointment. They called me in 15 mins late for the appointment and I had to pee bad! Next time I know I can drink a little less.

We saw it rather than heard it.

I actually ended up drinking 1.4L because I got really nervous after drinking the first bottle and I had the runs. After, I couldn't remember If I wee'd as well so I drank another bottle in case :blush: I was about to burst at my appointment!

It's weird - it still doesn't feel that real. You're looking at the screen, but it still doesn't connect that it's you!

I always read ppl saw they heard the hb at ultrasound. I've never heard the hb only seen it. I hear it at my monthly appts with my obgyn when he brings out his doppler and says "let's have a listen shall we?" Lol

I honestly didn't mind. I didn't even care if I didn't see anything. I would have been happy with just knowing everything was ok!

i will be 5 weeks 6 days when i go for my scan. just wondering what I should expect to see x

so abdominal scan she couldnt see anything so she did an internal scan.

she could see a small gestation sack about 6mm but nothing inside yet, but she has put on my notes that i am less than 5 weeks gestation so that may be why. shes scheduled me in for another scan in 10 days and hopefully we will see something.

ive been told not to worry and im proably just earlier than i thought.

ive got really sore boobs and have had a massive spot breakout on my face so obviously some hormones flying around.

i could have ovulated up to a week later than first though which would put me at just under 5 weeks so latest i will be 6w 4d when i have my next scan..

x

thanks for the update. hopefully you'll see baby at the next one :flower: :) xxx

Ella, I ended up making my scan a week later just in case I was earlier than I thought, which it turns out I was. I'm glad I waited a little longer, otherwise I may not have seen anything. At your stage you might only see the gestational sac and nothing else.

If you're measuring on time or ahead then you MIGHT see a little dot of a baby, but don't think you'll get a heartbeat.

thankyou buffy, its good to know i shouldn't worry too much if theres not much to see. hopefully we will just get to see something! i will take what i can get atm xxx

My ultrasound today went great! The gestational sac was the perfect size (last baby's sac when I miscarried was too small). We could see the yolk sac and fetal pole which was super tiny but the dr thought he could see it flickering! Everything was exactly what the dr said he would want to see at 5w5d. I have a follow-up scan in a week so we can see the heartbeat better.

My 5w5d ultrasound:

https://i58.tinypic.com/2dhagrm.jpg

Yay, Mrs R. Great news!! So happy for you.

My ultrasound today went great! The gestational sac was the perfect size (last baby's sac when I miscarried was too small). We could see the yolk sac and fetal pole which was super tiny but the dr thought he could see it flickering! Everything was exactly what the dr said he would want to see at 5w5d. I have a follow-up scan in a week so we can see the heartbeat better.

My 5w5d ultrasound:

https://i58.tinypic.com/2dhagrm.jpg

Just out of curiosity, with your mc and the sac being too small where you measuring behind where you actually were? It that how it was determined to be small?

Just out of curiosity, with your mc and the sac being too small where you measuring behind where you actually were? It that how it was determined to be small?

With my miscarriage the baby actually measured close to my dates, 7w6d, but the sac around the baby was too small - there was not enough fluid around the baby and the baby took up a lot of the space and looked squished. A small gestational sac to fetal pole ratio is a sign of a problem. I had started bleeding just a couple days before that scan and the baby's heartbeat had already stopped. Had I gone in earlier the dr would have warned me that the sac was not optimal.

Immediately when my dr scanned me this time around he noted the difference and how much nicer this gestational sac was compared to the last pregnancy.

So you had started spotting and then had the scan? You hadn't had one prior to that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->