Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

Hey ladies... I am new to the forum, I've been reading and secretly stalking for a few days, lol. I am 23 married with a DS 18mos ystrday. He wasn't planned & came right before my wedding. DH & I have been TTC for a year & dr refuses to do clomid as I had a natural MC 06/2011 at 6w5d. I'm going to be tested for pcos & for thyroid problems as soon as af starts. I HAVE THE LONGEST CYCLY KNOWN TO MAN, lol. Or at least it feels that way, currently on cd51.

I'm wanting to start soy this month and am just wanting advice... I have NO IDEA how to know when I O or what it feels like. I started OPK's 2 mos ago & they always having me O'ing at CD 10-12 which is inaccurate. Hopefully soy works, any advice would be appreciated!!!

Hey ladies... I am new to the forum, I've been reading and secretly stalking for a few days, lol. I am 23 married with a DS 18mos ystrday. He wasn't planned & came right before my wedding. DH & I have been TTC for a year & dr refuses to do clomid as I had a natural MC 06/2011 at 6w5d. I'm going to be tested for pcos & for thyroid problems as soon as af starts. I HAVE THE LONGEST CYCLY KNOWN TO MAN, lol. Or at least it feels that way, currently on cd51.

I'm wanting to start soy this month and am just wanting advice... I have NO IDEA how to know when I O or what it feels like. I started OPK's 2 mos ago & they always having me O'ing at CD 10-12 which is inaccurate. Hopefully soy works, any advice would be appreciated!!!

Hon- My cycles are 101 or so days sometimes. I feel your pain. :winkwink:

That said, I tried soy this cycle no CD 1-5, but so far, nothing. :cry:

On CD 45 with no cramps, no nothing, and 2 :bfn: s last week.

I've never done OPKs and have had 4 natural periods in 2 years. (2 were on the pill & plan b :dohh: )

I've never been to the Dr for fertility stuff (insurance issues), but am planning to go in the new year once it's sorted out.

angel - You are definitely a strong woman. I honestly don't think I could have been through all that and come out as positive as you are. GL to your mom. Like tmr said, maybe once you get the news about your mom, all the added stress will disappear and you will get a BFP !!!

tmr - Thanks. I would love to be the next BFP, but I'm not going to dwell on it too long bc I really don't want to get my hopes up. After 22 months of ttc, I'm on the verge of giving up already.

tella - Thanks. I've tried so hard not to symptom spot, but since I can't stop, I'm definitely taking a positive thinking approach now. I'm 5 dpo, so I've still got awhile.

AFM - I'm getting so nervous about getting my progesterone levels checked in the morning. I hope i get good news. I'm going to be a nervous wreck over the weekend. I've got my fx'd that this will be my month bc it would be a wonderful late bday present for my DH to find out that I got a BFP. I'm definitely in need of a lot of :dust:

GL to those waiting to O and in the 2ww. Lots of :dust:

Hon- My cycles are 101 or so days sometimes. I feel your pain. :winkwink:

That said, I tried soy this cycle no CD 1-5, but so far, nothing. :cry:

On CD 45 with no cramps, no nothing, and 2 :bfn: s last week.

I've never done OPKs and have had 4 natural periods in 2 years. (2 were on the pill & plan b :dohh: )

I've never been to the Dr for fertility stuff (insurance issues), but am planning to go in the new year once it's sorted out.

Really? Geez, that has to be sooo frustrating. The only women in the world who actually want a period are those TTC! If I dont start next week the doc is testing me & "exploring other options" I wish you the best of Luck!!!!

Does anyone know if itchy skin is normal after O? My skin has been itchy since last night. I do get dry skin when it gets cold, but I know it's not that. I mainly itch on/between my bbs, where I don't get dry skin. I'm going to try to take a shower and soak myself in lotion to see that helps. This is just so weird.

I was REALLY itchy when i was preg with my LO in the TTW i was itching that much my legs would bleed my DH used to tell me off about it.

Hoping everyone is alright.

2 :bfn:s last week, and on CD 45, with no :witch: .

Seeing as my cycles can be 100+ days long (yes, that's a THIRD of a YEAR! :cry: ), I guess I'm in for a long, long, long wait. :coffee:

Welcome to our thread! Hopefully you won't be stalking from now on and taking part in our day to day inputs.
Long cycles are a pain and that was the reason why I tried soy in the first place. I truly believe though, that for soy to work with your body you need to take the right dosage. If you take too much it may delay O but if you don't take enough it won't do anything at all. It's a hit and miss situation but it may be worth giving it a go for maybe 2 cycles.

tmr1234 my dh is coming back on Tuesday :happydance:. Can't wait to have him at home again! He wanted to return before but it's been impossible. Let's just say that in other countries people work at different pace.:dohh:

babykiser how is it going? Is this your last soy cycle for you? I'm sure it will because you're getting your bfp this month also!!:thumbup:

rin I'm so sorry that soy hasn't work for you! It's so frustrating when you keep testing or waiting for O and it isn't happening. I had that this cycle even though it wasn't as long as yours and it was agony for me.
Hope you won't have to wait too long.

autigers I don't know about the itchiness. I suffer with urticaria and I had an urticaria episode with both my last 2 pregnancies :shrug: Don't know if it's related.

Hi to all the other ladies on the thread!

X

Hi all!
I wish I got on here more often, I feel like I miss out on so much :(

I wanted to give everyone a little update on my soy cycle.

I took SI CD4-9, 100mg on 4,5,6 and 125mg on 7 and 8. I had very little symptoms, one headache early one morning on the third day and a hot flash at 3am on the 4th day.

O came 2 to 3 days later than normal.
I missed BD on O day!! :growlmad: UGH!!!!!
I'm in my tww, 5dpo.

I don't have too high of hopes for this cycle. I thought I had O'd right on time because of +OPKs, O pains and EWCM but my temps didn't go up until a few days later and ff gave me crosshairs later that I thought it would!!

That's about it....

Baby Dust to everyone trying!!!
Congrats to those lucky BFP's and lots of sticky dust!!!

tmr - I know what you mean. I've scratched so much that I have brought blood up to the skin. So now it looks like I have a rash between my bbs. I'm sure if I don't stop I will make myself bleed.

Rin - Sorry. :hugs: Whenever you can, I would talk to a dr about your long cycles. You might need to have AF induced.

Madrid - I have no idea what my problem is. I know I get dry skin due to the cold weather, but that's fixed by using lotion. I also have allergies, but I know thats not the cause. I don't want to look too much into it bc I'm afraid I will get my hopes up if I think it's an early sign of pregnancy. If my DH was gone as long as yours was, I would be jumping him the second he got in. :winkwink:

tmr - I know what you mean. I've scratched so much that I have brought blood up to the skin. So now it looks like I have a rash between my bbs. I'm sure if I don't stop I will make myself bleed.

Rin - Sorry. :hugs: Whenever you can, I would talk to a dr about your long cycles. You might need to have AF induced.

Madrid - I have no idea what my problem is. I know I get dry skin due to the cold weather, but that's fixed by using lotion. I also have allergies, but I know thats not the cause. I don't want to look too much into it bc I'm afraid I will get my hopes up if I think it's an early sign of pregnancy. If my DH was gone as long as yours was, I would be jumping him the second he got in. :winkwink:

Thanks.

I know, I really want to go NOW, but :dohh: insurance issues, and I won't have coverage til the new year...:coffee:
---
I went to the hospital in June because I had SEVERE pain Memorial Day & hadn't had a period since January. I waited 2 weeks (stupid, I know, but no insurance at the time), then went in, and they diagnosed me with PID (Pelvic inflammatory disease). :shrug:

Dr did so without even asking about my long cycles, or anything related to my periods. All he did was bloods to make sure I wasn't preggers and he did a pap (only because I wanted to, he let me decide whether or not to even have a pap).

He poked my stomach in the middle, when I said it hurt, he decided it was PID. (Even though I'm married, PID is usually due to an STD, and I had a clean STD test before I got married, MONTHS before I went to the ER!)

Then in Sept (my next period after June's), I almost went to the hospital because I thought the *supposed* PID was back, but no, got :witch: the next day. I guess SEVERE pain just happens when I get my period. :dohh:
---
I can't wait to get to a Dr about my periods bc I think the ER dr misdiagnosed me and sent me on my way ASAP bc I had no insurance.
---

Sorry so long.

Rin - Hopefully things will start to get better for you. If I was in your position, I would break down and just go to the dr no matter what. I know it would be more expensive, but at least dr's allow you to set up a payment plan. I don't know what other dr's charge, but my dr is $95 for a visit and then $105 if an exam is done. I don't like ERs at all. In April when I had a chemical, I sat in the ER for 6-7 hrs, with a 3 yr old, just to get told I was having a mc, which I didn't, and they gave me a prescription for the pain and sent me on my way. I was so mad at them bc they would take someone with a cold or a headache over someone who is cramping and spotting after finding out they were pg. ERs are the worse place to go for ob/gyn problems.

autigers55-
I hate the ER too, and I honestly think I didn't have PID, it was a painful period due to something up with my weird cycles. Instead of asking anything about it, I was given antibiotics, and sent away.

I'm not sure what to do.
I don't have a Dr-was on state insurance til I was 19, and haven't been back since bc I can't afford it. :shrug:

(Also, that Dr told me my periods would regulate themselves every time I asked what was wrong, and I got on the pill at 17 because they WEREN'T regulating themselves- they never bothered testing me for ANYTHING, and that was the end of it, because I stayed on the pill.:dohh:

( I'm not going to college right now, and that's where I got my paps for the last 3 years. )

January is only 3 months away, but I hate not knowing what's going on.

I think I might try Planned Parenthood- it's the only affordable place (I trust) where I live- the rest of the low cost clinics I called didn't call back for weeks, so I didn't go. :dohh:

That would be a good idea to maybe go to that Planned Parenthood for right now. Maybe that place can help you out until your insurance goes into effect. As for your period regulating itself, I know for a fact it doesn't always work. I've been off bc for 22 months and after several long cycles, I took vitex in June to help regulate them. It didn't work right off but it eventually started to help. I stopped taking it in Sept when i began soy.

That would be a good idea to maybe go to that Planned Parenthood for right now. Maybe that place can help you out until your insurance goes into effect. As for your period regulating itself, I know for a fact it doesn't always work. I've been off bc for 22 months and after several long cycles, I took vitex in June to help regulate them. It didn't work right off but it eventually started to help. I stopped taking it in Sept when i began soy.

I want to try Vitex, but I have a suspicion I might have PCOS, and I want it confirmed before I do anything else.

Yeah that might be a good idea.

I swear I'm going insane here. :wacko: I took a shower earlier and soaked myself in lotion to help with the itchy skin, but it's so bad now that I may have to take another shower and soak myself in lotion again. Idk what is causing this, but I hope it goes away soon.

Yeah that might be a good idea.

I swear I'm going insane here. :wacko: I took a shower earlier and soaked myself in lotion to help with the itchy skin, but it's so bad now that I may have to take another shower and soak myself in lotion again. Idk what is causing this, but I hope it goes away soon.

When I was preggo w my son I itched like no other! And I have Eczema, try taking a COLD shower (Not freezing, but as cool as you can stand) and if you can get some aquaphor or Eucerin Lotion both help with dry itchy skin. Hope that helps!

Madrid98: Through my research I did notice that soy is to be taken similarly to clomid. Do you have any recommendations I was thinking of doing the 3-7 day cycle and doing a progressively increased dose. BUT my biggest issue is that I dont know how to tell when I Ovulate... because of my cycle length I have no idea what to look for or feel for. I wish I was more in-tuned with my body! Thanks for your help and to anyone else who may have advice to offer:) I have the baby bug bad as I'm sure everyone relates to!

Hello Ladies :D

How are we all doing???

for me: im 4DPO today and lastnight (3DPO) when i checked my cervix, there was pink/blood streaked CM... Not alot, but deffo pink and blood steaky... Today my temp was down 0.2 degrees, good or bad do you think?? x

MrsTomlin:- Hello :)... have you tried using OPK's??? there really good to help indicate when you may expect ovulation....

Also check your body signs, check your cervix, is it high soft and open.. also check your cervical mucus, is it like Eggwhites, thick clear and stretchy??? these all used together give a very good indication of when to expect ovulation :)

Charting your temps, will confirm when ovulation did occur... but wont tell you when to expect it :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->