Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

oh well bfn again just have to wait for af hope its not 68 days like last time x

Kinda new to all this, wat does crosshairs mean??

When trying to conceive (TTC) many women chart their temps to see when ovulation (O) occurs. After your temp has risen for 3 days post O, sites like Fertility Friend (FF) will put red lines, referred to as cross hairs, on your chart to indicate O and to help you see a bi-phasic pattern.

Allie

Has anyone else experienced TERRIBLE AF with taking the soy? I've had a very strange AF this month. It started off pretty normally, and I began taking the soy on CD4. That day I notice a big increase in AF for awhile but then it eased up later in the day and I thought she was on her way out like last month. But, the same thing happened the next day, only heavier AF. Again with the pattern on CD6, but by the end of the day it had almost completely stopped. I went to bed thinking all was well only to wake up ALMOST to the point of hemorrhaging the next morning. (I've done that before, so I know what THAT's like.) It suddenly stopped, only to start again heavy again late this afternoon. This is now the end of CD8 and AF hasn't left. I'm so worn out and think that I must be anemic based on how wrung out I feel and how much blood I've lost. (I haven't had a super heavy cycle like this in about 15 years.) I ended up only taking soy for 3 days because it seemed that every time I took it I had a huge increase and honestly, it scared me! Anybody else ever have anything like this happen with soy or hear of similar stories? Seems to have let up at the moment, but sheesh! Enough already!!!

Allie have not had that done to me which this is my first cycle, but I'll let you know next cycle though if I do have a longer AF than 2/3 days.

Allie have not had that done to me which this is my first cycle, but I'll let you know next cycle though if I do have a longer AF than 2/3 days.

Thanks. Wow! 2/3 days??? That's got to be so nice! I'm glad for you. This was my first round of soy too, so it's all new territory for me too. My AF has been 5/6 days long for the past 2 years and before that, I was thrilled if it stopped by the end of the 7th day.

As a teen my AFs were 5/6 days, but as I hit 16/17 year old they shortened to 3/4 days and after I had our son it when to 2/3 days

I've wondered what mine would be like after having a baby. Honestly, I'd love to just go through menopause after having one. My grandmother had early ovarian failure and never had a period again after she had my mother at 30. Then my mom went through it at 42. Now I'm 40 and will turn 41 in July. My sister, who is 2 1/2 years older than me, had a hysterectomy about 6 or 7 years ago and when she did, the doctor told her it wouldn't have been long before she had gone through it anyway, based on the state of her uterus. Not sure how you can tell by that, but that's what she said. So, it would be so nice if I could just have a baby and then STOP having AF. I've had more than my share through the years with it going on for months at a time sometimes. So thankful I don't have THAT anymore!

:hi: welcome kalmeida1985

Soy is an natural Clomid which is taken on cd3-7 or cd5-9.

Awe, :hugs: so you'll be fine with just one child of your own?

Yes, I do think so. Our children are both adopted and for the first time in my life, I was perfectly content with the number of children I have and the longing to have a baby had subsided. And then I got pregnant. I lost the baby at 8 weeks and since then the desire to have a baby has been stronger than it has ever been. I'm not sure I could handle more than 3 kids, so I do think that having one biologically will satisfy that desire and I'll pretty much be at my max. :)

What is this Soy all about? I would love to hop on the wagon :)

Like Jennifer said, soy isoflavones work like a natural clomid. You take it for 5 days at the very beginning of your cycle just like you would clomid. You can pick which days you want to take it. Taking it earlier in your cycle (like 1-5 or 2-6) is supposed to produce more follicles, resulting in a greater chance of multiples. Taking it later (4-8 or 5-9) is supposed to result in one really strong follicle and more mature egg. I've heard that taking it 3-7 is supposed to give you kind of the best of both worlds.

Soy isoflavones are roughly half the strength of clomid, so you take about twice as much. Many women have found that it helps if they sort of crescendo their dosage, starting with 80-100mg the first day and ending with 200mg the last day and ramping it up in between.

I've read that it works well for women who don't ovulate, but if you already ovulate, it can mess up your cycle. Make sure you do your research before you jump on board because you could delay or stop ovulation if you aren't careful.

Many women who don't ovulate using clomid DO with soy iso, so it can be a real blessing. BUT, I've also heard of it creating more ovarian cysts in some women. That's a risk you'll take if you should decide to use them.

Some women have reported that they ovulated earlier than normal (I O'd on CD12 and when I do O every once in a while it's usually between CD14 and 20) and some women experience delayed O with soy, so be aware of that.

This past cycle was my first on the soy and I've had a VERY difficult AF now. This is day 9 and I'm still spotting. :( I found that taking the soy this month was really making my AF much heavier, so I only ended up taking it 3 days. Who knows if it'll work or not???

Anyway, that's the basic info on soy, but I would encourage you to do some research and find out just what you'd be getting into before you jump on board. There can be some negative effects and you need to go into it with your eyes wide open. I'm not saying don't do it.......just know what you're getting into. Personally, I thought the possibility of having a baby was bigger and better than the potential side effects, but everyone has to make their own decision.

Allie Sorry to hear about your loss, but now your just on a journey

Thanks Jennifer. You know, it wasn't until I was researching about miscarriage after I had mine that I discovered that something I had experienced several years back was a chemical pregnancy, so it seems that we've lost two babies instead of just one. I'm glad I didn't know that first time. The second time was so devastating.......I'm not sure I could live through that again.

Like Jennifer said, soy isoflavones work like a natural clomid. You take it for 5 days at the very beginning of your cycle just like you would clomid. You can pick which days you want to take it. Taking it earlier in your cycle (like 1-5 or 2-6) is supposed to produce more follicles, resulting in a greater chance of multiples. Taking it later (4-8 or 5-9) is supposed to result in one really strong follicle and more mature egg. I've heard that taking it 3-7 is supposed to give you kind of the best of both worlds.

Soy isoflavones are roughly half the strength of clomid, so you take about twice as much. Many women have found that it helps if they sort of crescendo their dosage, starting with 80-100mg the first day and ending with 200mg the last day and ramping it up in between.

I've read that it works well for women who don't ovulate, but if you already ovulate, it can mess up your cycle. Make sure you do your research before you jump on board because you could delay or stop ovulation if you aren't careful.

Many women who don't ovulate using clomid DO with soy iso, so it can be a real blessing. BUT, I've also heard of it creating more ovarian cysts in some women. That's a risk you'll take if you should decide to use them.

Some women have reported that they ovulated earlier than normal (I O'd on CD12 and when I do O every once in a while it's usually between CD14 and 20) and some women experience delayed O with soy, so be aware of that.

This past cycle was my first on the soy and I've had a VERY difficult AF now. This is day 9 and I'm still spotting. :( I found that taking the soy this month was really making my AF much heavier, so I only ended up taking it 3 days. Who knows if it'll work or not???

Anyway, that's the basic info on soy, but I would encourage you to do some research and find out just what you'd be getting into before you jump on board. There can be some negative effects and you need to go into it with your eyes wide open. I'm not saying don't do it.......just know what you're getting into. Personally, I thought the possibility of having a baby was bigger and better than the potential side effects, but everyone has to make their own decision.

Well said, Allie that covers it all. :rofl:

Allie Sorry to hear about your loss, but now your just on a journey

Thanks Jennifer. You know, it wasn't until I was researching about miscarriage after I had mine that I discovered that something I had experienced several years back was a chemical pregnancy, so it seems that we've lost two babies instead of just one. I'm glad I didn't know that first time. The second time was so devastating.......I'm not sure I could live through that again.

I told DH I don't want to go through another loss our loss with the Twins was the worst though. As you can see my angels has names.

well said alli it looks like it has really messed me up this cycle 1st 2 were fine but cd46 now no sign ov af and all bfn xx

well said alli it looks like it has really messed me up this cycle 1st 2 were fine but cd46 now no sign ov af and all bfn xx[/QUOTE said:
I'm so sorry that happened. My heart really goes out to you.

Allie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"