Let's welcome Soy to this cycle!!!! 42 BFP's so far!!!!

Hi!!!
I'm starting with the opk's today. To be honest I'm sure I'm not O but just in case I'm not feeling it I'll give it a go.

XX

:grr: my first opk and :bfn:. What did I expect? Exactly that but it's still dissapointing :nope:

Never mind! Maybe tomorrow or next week :winkwink:

XX

Hi everyone, I also used soy this month and got my first positive opk in 3 month..on cd14!!!!!!!!! Please keep me updated on your status, I am praying this is our month.

Waw Kyoun009!!!! I'm so glad for you! Reading all these success stories give me so much hope!! I also ask in my prayers every single day for this to happen again!! Good luck and keep us posted too!!

XX

I read somewhere that Soy (soymilk, tofu, etc) actually prevents us from ovulating. Is it true?

Any healthcare professionals or have family in this field?

Yes I've read that also and I was even trying to avoid vegetarian stuff like sausages or burgers but apparently if is taken in too high dosage it'll prevent you from O. So it can have the opposite effect if you take too much. That's why some people start with low dosage and then increase in the following cycle if they haven't been successful. I'm no doctor so if in doubt ask yours to be 100% sure.

X

Good afternoon all!! :)

Just did my 2nd opk and I'm shocked because I could see a very faint second line. I was having a bit of O pain this morning while shopping but it went away and I just forgot about it. Now I'm thinking that it may be closer than I think.:loopy:

How are you all?

XX

I've never heard of soy, but it sounds very interesting! Please let us know how it works for you!

I read somewhere that Soy (soymilk, tofu, etc) actually prevents us from ovulating. Is it true?

Any healthcare professionals or have family in this field?

I'm not a professional but I've been TTC so long that I FEEL like one sometimes! LOL, Soy can affect fertility and cause late or no ovulation, but that's why you only take it for 5 days at the beginning of your cycle, if you were to take it every day it would cause estrogen dominance, meaning even if you did ovulate there would not be enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy or a lengthy luteal phase. Also; when taking the Soy supplements you should try to avoid ALL other types of Soy for the ENTIRE cycle so you get the desired result (ovulation) and not the nasty side effects it can cause!

Oh and P.S. Soy works by tricking your body into thinking there is not enough estrogen present; causing your body to produce more estrogen which in turn triggers the LH surge and ovulation. The sharp rise in estrogen, much like your LH surge will drop when the LH surge occurs, soy during this time can cause the estrogen to not drop back down which causes estrogen dominance. So if you already have a progesterone deficiency then taking Soy is not a good idea at any time in your cycle.

Thanks for all the info mammag!!
How do you know if you have a progesterone deficiency? I'd like to know if you could tell me.
XX

Just took my last dose for this cycle! And I'm already down to spotting, feels like AF from back when I was regular. Happy for that alone, now O - bring it on! :thumbup:

Great jadenblu!!! I did notice that as soon as I started taking the soy my af said bye bye to me lol!!!

I think I'm going to put our names in the first post and check how well we do!!!

XX

Hello ladies!!

I'm waiting to get my opk done for today. Holding it until around 17:30. Will I manage? I hope so!! If not, I'll probably give it a miss as I can't be dieting & not drinking for another 4 hours.

Still having cm but as much as yesterday. I'm sure the epo is helping it.

How are you all?
X

Well, I am ordering my soy and opts tonight... Not sure when AF is coming for me so I can start taking it but hopefully tomorrow I will find out if I'm really in my tww or not... last 3 days I have unusually high temps but I've been sick.

Good for you nevernormal!!!! If it's natural I guess it won't hurt at least to try it once. Who knows? You may not need to try them at all. Fx'd

XX

CD9 today. I've noticed that my last four temps have been really consistent (all 35.7x - I'm using DuoFertility, so they're lower than a normal BBT) when they were all over the place last cycle. Tomorrow, OPK and BD begins! :happydance:

How'd your OPK go M?

Hi jadenblu!

I've done an opk even though I had planned not to; I couldn't help myself. It was negative but there is a very faint line again. It gives me hope! I've also been having O pain in my left side which is the one I should be O'ing from this cycle. I've also had on/off O pain on the right side, don't know why!! Who knows what's going in there?!?

Glad that your temps are stable!!! It makes it easier to monitor your body.

XX

Hey girls!
I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread. But I just wanted to tell you my story with soy. I took it 3 months in a row. I immediately starting getting intense ovary pain in both ovaries. After going to the doctor she said my cysts were from the soy producing two much estrogen. It unbalanced my hormones even more! Anyways. If I had it to do again I would have done it one month off and on!
Just be careful 
Hope I'm not being rude! Just wish someone would have warned me! Hope you All get your bfps you want

Thanks glowbug!!! I'm so sorry you experience that. It's my first month using it and I don't know if I'll use it again. If my O happens sooner & if I don't get my bfp I would probably wait the following month to see if my body does it without "help".

All the best to you as well!!

XX

Well I just got my first + soy opk!!!! So happy now that at least it happened so early. Cd14!?!?! Can't believe it!!!!!:winkwink:

Don't know how to attach the pic here :blush:

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"