Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Congrats Miranda, I hope you have a lovely honeymoon. Your scan is super cute, baby looks very chilled :)

Great picture MirandaH - so chilled out. Hope thats an indicator of babies personality!

Your baby is so sweet Miranda!! Have a fantastic time in your honeymoon!!

What an amazing pic Miranda! I hope you are as relaxed on Your honeymoon as your baby is!

Congrats on the wonderful US pic and on your wedding, Miranda! I hope that you have a great honeymoon. :D

Beautiful scan pic Miranda!! Awww!!

AFM I think I am really showing now, people are starting to notice when i wear tight tops. I was lying down earlier and think I can feel my uterus now...can any1 else?? It feels funny, really round and my tummy doesn't feel the same anymore!!

I'm really in need of some healthy, easy meal ideas, but I am still having trouble with chicken (yuck!) and I don't like eggs right now. What are your ladies typically meals? Here is what I've been doing, but just getting board with it.

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Morning Snack: Sliced apple and Wedge of laughing cow cheese w/ some crackers.
Lunch: Salad and/or Frozen Amys Meal (organic) I like the 3 cheese penne pasta (need help here)
Afternoon Snack: Granola Bar
Dinner: Healthy taco salad, grilled cheese and tomato soup, etc. (Need help here)

Sounds like your doing ok. Can't help much as I am eating a tonne of chicken.

I lost 35 pounds last year counting calories and using the "fat secret" app for android. It keeps counts of your nutrients/food/calorie intakes and you can even set it up for a pregnancy diet. If you have a smart phone, you can even scan the barcodes of your food instead of handkeying it in. I haven't used it since last year, but it really is fantastic.

One snack food I always loved was buying non-fat yogurt and the bags of diced frozen fruit for smoothies. I especially liked the peach, mango, and banana, and I would add frozen diced strawberries. Add a serving of yogurt to a generous "serving" of fruit and stir. The yogurt freezes and its just as good as ice cream, better for you, and way, way less calories.

Also, try baked chicken breasts marinated in regular italian dressing over plain brown rice, a baked potato with low-fat toppings, and steamed broccoli.

Beautiful scan pic Miranda!! Awww!!

AFM I think I am really showing now, people are starting to notice when i wear tight tops. I was lying down earlier and think I can feel my uterus now...can any1 else?? It feels funny, really round and my tummy doesn't feel the same anymore!!

I can definitely feel my uterus, I have been able to feel it slightly above my pubic bone for over a week now. But I must be starting to show as I know there are whispers going around my work as to am I pregnant or am I just piling on the pounds! Lol. Cheeky sods!

Yes i looked a bit chunky a couple of weeks ago before i went on hol but i've come back and everyone has commented on the bump!

Blood tests back. Liver ok but vit d deficient. Hopefully not a major prob and supplements will sort it

I'm really in need of some healthy, easy meal ideas, but I am still having trouble with chicken (yuck!) and I don't like eggs right now. What are your ladies typically meals? Here is what I've been doing, but just getting board with it.

Breakfast: Oatmeal
Morning Snack: Sliced apple and Wedge of laughing cow cheese w/ some crackers.
Lunch: Salad and/or Frozen Amys Meal (organic) I like the 3 cheese penne pasta (need help here)
Afternoon Snack: Granola Bar
Dinner: Healthy taco salad, grilled cheese and tomato soup, etc. (Need help here)

I'm the same way with chicken right now. A few things I've done, and frozen small portions so I can heat up for lunch or a fast meal is: chili but made with ground turkey and extra veggies ( zuchinni, carrots, beans , celery etc) , veggie lasagna ( I'm really off the red meat right now). They take a while to make, but then you can eat them for a few wks if you freeze.
I've also been doing smoothies with milk and yogurt and frozen fruit so I get dairy servings (2) and 3 fruit servings per smoothy. Hope that helps xx

Hey mamas!
Sorry I have not been on the boards in a few weeks, I've had a lot going on!
I'm now almost 16 weeks pregnant!! We go in 2 weeks to find out what the gender is (hopefully) and I am so excited!
We have settled on names, Beau James for a boy and Reese True for a girl :)
How have y'all been? Hope all is well with everyone and all the babies!

Prayer and sending positive thoughts to those who worry or are having a hard time right now :(

Is it possible to miss a twin at a 7 week scan? OH and I swore we heard a second heartbeat on our doppler last night. We may be crazy and it's all in our heads but I didn't know if anyone had heard of that happening? We don't have another scan until April 24th.

I am not sure I dont know anything about twin pregnancies, hope someone else can help you.

maybe it was just an echo of baby's heartbeat? But I saw a story the other day about a woman who didn't find out until 18 weeks. She'd had two scans and the other baby had not been seen.

Are you sure that it wasn't your own heartbeat that you were picking up? I've heard that happens sometimes. I would ask your OB about it during your next appointment though and continue to use your doppler and see if it happens regularly. For those using dopplers; I know it's exciting to hear baby's heartbeat, but if you use your doppler too often then it can be harmful to your baby. I'd limit it to once or twice a week for no more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time.
Also on the turkey chili; I'm not sure about the ground turkey itself (it's probably okay if you buy it raw in a package and cook it) but don't get the canned kind. Canned turkey chili is much worse for you than the beef kind because they use a ton of sodium.

Hey callmemaybbby! Good to know that everything is going well. I've noticed that quite a few of us have reached the second trimester now and are probably going to find out the gender of our babies within a month. Time flies! :D

Dopplers are not harmful to babies, ultrasounds are the harmful procedures if done too often.

Most health care professionals discourage their use because it takes a lot of training to identify all the sounds in there and to know what they mean. I have researched thoroughly on this topic and asked every pregnancy health care provider that I have. I wouldn't get too obsessed about it and do it every day but a couple of times a week or less for a few minutes is not going to do your baby any harm at all.

I agree, there is no actual proof that using a doppler causes harm to the baby. Although I have read that it is really irritating for the bubs as it sounds like a hovering helicopter to them because of the sound waves which are audible in the uterus.

I got into a huge argument with someone during my last pregnancy about this, she was telling people not to use their dopplers too often because she believed they caused autism. There is nothing to suggest that it does, of course.

I'd say talk to your own healthcare provider for their recommendation if anyone has any concerns though.

I 100% agree with you.. i did alot of research myself in my last pregnancy. They are NOT harmful. But like everything you always want to use things in moderation.

AFM- I can not believe it but i just felt my first movement today! I even tested it with the doppler! I cant believe i felt something this soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->