Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

And when it comes to the dopplers, I didn't suggest for people to stop using them, just that they use them in moderation. I have heard that it does hurt their little ears because of the sound waves, but I imagine that using the doppler once or twice a week wouldn't cause any harm. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding there.

I wouldn't worry about the response from what you said, it is something that comes up a lot! I think we are quick to jump in and 'rectify' any misunderstandings that can be taken from that kind of statement/recommendation; anything that suggests something many moms generally feel is safe might actually be harmful to their baby.

We basically wanted to keep moms from panicking that using their dopplers as often as they have been could have hurt their babies. We are all so vulnerable while pregnant and worried about doing everything right, it doesn't take much to send us over the edge.

It is similar to how a lot of us jumped in when the question of vaccines during pregnancy came up in the beginning. You had just received your flu vaccine at the recommendation of your doctor and the last thing I wanted was anyone making you feel like you did something to hurt your baby, when there is no research to suggest it would have.

There are a lot of opinions out there about things like vaccines, dopplers, ultrasounds, even getting your hair dyed. So when opinions like that are voiced here, there is always going to be someone speaking up to the contrary to avoid potential panic/heart ache. :hugs:

My M/S is back :sick: Blargh!

It went away for about a week and now its back, still no puking, but have been really close (am able to breathe it away) I sure hope it goes away for good soon. But at least it does give me some reassurance until my next u/s which is on April 17th (nuchal screening)

Anyone else as far along as I am still throwing up regularly, or am I dancing solo?

I am still vomiting off and on.. i still have good days.. but i am not as far along as you Maze.

@ Maze, when did you m/s start?

6.5 weeks I think was when I started vomiting, I haven't stopped since. I am still sick over 10 times a day. Although my energy has made a comeback in recent weeks.

Hi All,

I am 12 weeks today and go for my scan this afternoon - I am so nervous :( I have a short work day, until 12:30 and scan is at 3pm.

I've been feeling the baby move off and on for a few weeks now too! I love it!! But I've never experienced such bad sciatic pain before. Its as though sometimes, when the baby moves it sends an electric shock up my spine and down my right leg. Is anyone else experiencing this? Tylenol does nothing in terms of relief, but was wondering if you can still use those topical ointments that have medicine in them when you are pregnant?

I was having the pain for about the last 2 months! It was so bad! It seems to be gone now. It's been days since I had any. My dr seems to think mine was so bad and early because I have a very tilted uterus and it tilts back a lot.

Got to see baby today! It was so wonderful. He/She got the hiccups and it was so adorable. The u/s tech even hinted (basically said) it was a boy. She kept pointing out a little "part" by the legs. She tried to look at its bottom to be certain but baby wouldn't cooperate and wanted to sit cross-legged. She is going to let me come back in 2 weeks to see for sure. But as for now we are thinking boy. Also the NT scan came back clear so we are so grateful for that! I'm just so excited that everything is well and I get to see baby again in 2 weeks :happydance:

Attachments

• e9747177-5937-4d0d-9468-31b88445b95e_zpsc1ab82aa.jpg
    e9747177-5937-4d0d-9468-31b88445b95e_zpsc1ab82aa.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 3
And when it comes to the dopplers, I didn't suggest for people to stop using them, just that they use them in moderation. I have heard that it does hurt their little ears because of the sound waves, but I imagine that using the doppler once or twice a week wouldn't cause any harm. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding there.

Don't worry about it kalonkiki no offence or misunderstanding I just wanted to let other girls know that there are no actual bad effects from using dopplers, but your right it is sound waves that work them and most babies don't seem to like it too much. Sometimes its good to have that extra reassurance.

In regards to MS Maze mine is gone for the most part although I get an hour or so each day that its quite bad. I had to open the car door today while I was stuck on the highway as I thought I was going to throw up but I didn't. Mine usually lasts till about 15-16w then its completely gone although last time it returned for a fair amount of the 3rd trimester...bad nausea and occasional vomiting. I feel so bad for you vomiting 10+ times per day.

IN regards to hair dye. I have not dyed my hair since before I got pregnant and its in an awful state. I have a tonne of grey and I probably have about 2 inches worth now all over. NOw that I am in the 2nd tri thinking about dying it but not sure. I have not dyed it until almost my due date both previous pregnancies...for my vanity in pictures.

Nice svsn jbell and good luck for yours dream. Maze my ms got a lot better about 10 weeks and has gone altogether now. Althou had a cold and sore throat this week which has made me feel sicky but not actually sick.

What screening tests are you ladies having? I was speaking to a colleague yesterday whose baby sadly died from cystic fibrosis. They didn't know they were both carriers til baby was born. It's made me paranoid but dh says to chill so just wondering what everyone else is getting checked for?

IN regards to hair dye. I have not dyed my hair since before I got pregnant and its in an awful state. I have a tonne of grey and I probably have about 2 inches worth now all over. NOw that I am in the 2nd tri thinking about dying it but not sure. I have not dyed it until almost my due date both previous pregnancies...for my vanity in pictures.

I was in a similar bad hair state and honestly could not go another few months as I looked like a scarecrow, so my hairdresser did some foils that stopped a few milimeters away from the scalp.
The main concern with hair dye is it being absorbed through the scalp, as well as the fumes. I did loads of research before I made the appointment, then it turned out she was more aware of the dangers than I was. She also said the hormones in pregnancy can affect the way colours get absorbed, so going to a hairdresser is safer to avoid skin/scalp contact and also to get a proper colour.
I do feel tons better about myself now, even though it's only the main offenders at the front that she fixed.

Lovely scan pics to those who've had scans recently :thumbup: it's so cool that your sono told you they think that baby might be a boy Jbell! I'm gonna be 13weeks 3days at my "12week" scan and Im thinking of asking them if they would like to take an early guess, but obviously wont go out and buy pink or blue until I find out for sure at 16-20weeks.

As for hair dye, I did the worst thing imaginable and dyed my hair bright pink 3 months before I conceived so now Im stuck with faded light pink, darker pink, orange tinted and blondie brown roots. Oh the joy!
I was dead against dying my hair in my last pregnancy as I just didn't want to take the risk of dying my hair then something turning out to be wrong at birth or during a scan. I know it wouldn't necessarily be the hair dye at all but then at least I'd know it was nothing I'd done and wouldn't be able to blame myself.
This time I'm actually considering just due to the mess its in. I'm only thinking of putting one lot of a light/medium brown over it so its covered then leaving it until after the baby is born to sort out properly. I don't know if I will actually do it though, I'll probably stay like this now until baby is here just to be on the safe side and it is my fault!

This is currently what I'm walking around like, gorgeous eh? hiding my face cause its 9am and havent done my face yet :haha:

Attachments

• 2013-04-12-085941.jpg
    2013-04-12-085941.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 3
Nice pink though SisterRose! I'm not sure about the whole hair dye thing either. I used to dye my hair with henna, which they say is completely safe in pregnancy. But during my last AF I dyed my hair my natural mousey brown knowing that we were TTC and that it'd be easier to maintain. After falling pregnant. All the dye seemed to just wash out. It was so strange. I know pregnancy can affect how the dye takes to your hair but to have it all wash out?! So now I'm left with mousey roots and ginger-y tips. Doubt I'll do much about it until after baby's here though.

I've got my 12 week scan today. Really really nervous!! Wish me luck ladies. Lol.

Got to see baby today! It was so wonderful. He/She got the hiccups and it was so adorable. The u/s tech even hinted (basically said) it was a boy. She kept pointing out a little "part" by the legs. She tried to look at its bottom to be certain but baby wouldn't cooperate and wanted to sit cross-legged. She is going to let me come back in 2 weeks to see for sure. But as for now we are thinking boy. Also the NT scan came back clear so we are so grateful for that! I'm just so excited that everything is well and I get to see baby again in 2 weeks :happydance:

Ahhh lovely scan hun! :thumbup::baby:

That's so early to find out the sex, so exciting though!! What is you intuition telling you?

Don't worry about it kalonkiki no offense or misunderstanding I just wanted to let other girls know that there are no actual bad effects from using dopplers, but your right it is sound waves that work them and most babies don't seem to like it too much. Sometimes its good to have that extra reassurance.

Well I don't like to use mine over x3 a week even I think that is too much...I use on a need to know basis cause it keeps me sane. However I did dream last night that I couldn't find baby, all I could hear was radio stations!!!!:shrug::dohh::haha::haha:

I dyed my hair last saturday, I've been feeling really worried actually. But my hairdresser told me she would use the one she uses on all preg women, so I was thinking it's "safe", it had very low chemicals. As for colour change, my hair was supposed to go brown but it went a bit red so must be from the hormones :haha:

Good luck on the scan hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"