Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I think the sound waves are quite loud in there so its nice to have the sound turned right down. I know that my baby always tries to get away from the probe. I have done it a couple of times and I find it reassuring. I have been feeling my baby move for a couple of weeks at least a few times per day. I had not actively felt anything since Sunday which isn't really unusual at this stage, but popped on my Doppler for a couple of minutes and found the HB. Instant reassurance.

Ps I think my nausea is gone.

I thought i felt something too a few days ago, but was unsure.

Glad your nausea has gone goddess :)

I have my scan today, but I feel slightly worried about it. I never have with any of the others, but this time i just have a weird feeling feeling. I hope all is well.
I also see the consultant today, then again on the 22nd. I have no idea why they've made me two appointments. I'm sure i'll find out today.
Will update later.

I've been feeling the baby move off and on for a few weeks now too! I love it!! But I've never experienced such bad sciatic pain before. Its as though sometimes, when the baby moves it sends an electric shock up my spine and down my right leg. Is anyone else experiencing this? Tylenol does nothing in terms of relief, but was wondering if you can still use those topical ointments that have medicine in them when you are pregnant?

I've tried using the sonoline B for the last couple of weeks and cannot pick up anything, even with full bladder! And there is 2 babies in there. Am thinking that I may have an anterior placenta.

12 week scan next week so will see how they are both doing. Getting big already eeekk!

x

I've been feeling the baby move off and on for a few weeks now too! I love it!! But I've never experienced such bad sciatic pain before. Its as though sometimes, when the baby moves it sends an electric shock up my spine and down my right leg. Is anyone else experiencing this? Tylenol does nothing in terms of relief, but was wondering if you can still use those topical ointments that have medicine in them when you are pregnant?

I am not sure about topical creams, some of them are probably safe but you should definitely read the label or ask your local pharmacist before using anything like that for relief. The skin will obviously absorb the cream which will eventually enter your blood stream and some active ingredients may not be recommended depending on the cream.

That does sound awful though, you should talk to your doctor about relief too. Lots of women suffer that particular pregnancy 'complication.' I am using ''s not because it isn't a huge pain, but because I don't think there is any real danger to you or the baby, but at the same time I don't think it could really be considered a side effect either as it can definitely affect your quality of life during pregnancy, especially as you get further along.

Lindss I have that a little bit but generally get it quite bad as pregnancy progresses, I have not found anything to be particularly helpful but have not tried the topical creams. Heat and massage I find to be the best.

Hi ladies, I'm back from my scan :)

Everything thing is looking fab with baby, but there is just one thing. They have put me back 13 days!! I was shocked!! That means I've been able to hear the baby's heartbeat on my doppler since 8w 5d. I really think it's wrong. My last period was 14th January, surely I couldn't have miss counted 2 weeks!

I go back in 2 weeks for consultant and nuchal test. I'm just really confused. I thought maybe baby was measuring small, but midwife said i've obviously just ovulated later than i thought. So my new due date is 3rd November. But i'm staying in here with you guys, don't fancy changing threads :)
Will put my picture up now.

Wow that is a big jump back! As long as they're not worried tho then sure it's fine. How annoying to be nearly past 12 weeks then put back tho!

I know i really do think it's wrong. When i found out i was pregnant the line was very dark and came up straight away, but by this new due date i would have only been 3 weeks. Surely i wouldn't have had such a good result that early.

Fab picture. It does seem strange to be moved back so much. You might find its different when you go for your nuchal scan in a couple of weeks.

With my early scans I was put back more than a week, and I was shocked and annoyed because I was pretty certain of my dates, but when I went in at 12 weeks I was measuring perfectly, right to the day. So it may change yet, maybe not right on where you'd thought you'd be but not so far behind.

Thanks ladies, will see when i go for my next scan on 24th. I'm just glad baby is looking well. S/he was very active and heartbeat was nice and strong :)

Thats all that matters..that bean is healthy but I am sure you will find you go forward again at your next scan.

The picture looks great! It is weird that they would put you back that far behind. I'm sure it was just a fluke and you'll probably measure correctly at your next scan.

And when it comes to the dopplers, I didn't suggest for people to stop using them, just that they use them in moderation. I have heard that it does hurt their little ears because of the sound waves, but I imagine that using the doppler once or twice a week wouldn't cause any harm. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding there.

Paiytons mummy - lovely scan pic! It does seem a long way to put you back! are you 10weeks 4days today without being put back or 10weeks 4days minus the 13days? If you get me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->