Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

I just hot my roots done yesterday. Not with a permanent . Through my past two pregnancys I did too. My hairdresser actually comes to my house so I don't have to go to the salon and breath all the fumes. I asked my midwife this time, as this is the first time I've had a midwife and not an ob , and she said there was nothing that clearly states that dying your hair actually harms the baby. But obviously to do it only when u must. And I waited, and man did I need to! I was embarrassed to leave the house! Feel much better now!!!

I am getting to the embarrassed stage...its bad.

My hair is almost black with a tonne of grey, semi permanent does not stick in my hair so it has to be a permanent box dye that works. I also cant afford the 100$ ish at the salon. Hmm will wait a bit longer and ask my MW next time I see her.

@ Maze, when did you m/s start?

6.5 weeks I think was when I started vomiting, I haven't stopped since. I am still sick over 10 times a day. Although my energy has made a comeback in recent weeks.

Oh Maze, I really hope you start feeling better soon, I feel really bad for even complaining about my whimpy nausea now. Your in my thoughts. :hugs:

I'm not dying mine but i'm fair anyone and have been toying with the idea of growing it out. I'm surprised how light it still is after years of abuse!

Well i've had a shitty day today and really need you ladies to cheer me up. Excuse the swearing in advance. Spoke the one of my customers this morning and just because he didn't like what i was telling him, he had a massive go at me and basically told me i'm crap at my job. I'm really not, i'm one of the most experienced ppl on the team but he was so horrible and i was shaking when i was speaking to him. I'm partly cross at myself because i know i could have done a better job on his case but it was still a good job i did. The reason it wasn't up to my normal standards was because this woman who sits behind me asks me questions constantly. She is so crap at her job and so i am basically doing both our jobs, so her constant questions have distracted me from my own work. Tried talking to manager but because she is shagging senior manager no one dares say anything. So anyway after getting totally stressed and upset couldn't eat my lunch, spent my lunch break crying on the phone to my mum and this aft bump looks smaller and not felt baby. Worried all the stress may have harmed the baby and still upset about day's events.

Rant over :)

Aww, I'm sorry you had a rough day at work, broodymrs. :hugs:
I'm sure that the baby is fine though. I've noticed that my bump has gotten smaller too, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that I've lost 10 lbs. Have you weighed yourself recently? You may have lost weight, too. If this is also your first baby (this is my first) then we probably won't be able to feel our babies move until about 18-22 weeks. I think our bumps are mostly caused by bloat at this point anyway as baby isn't very big yet, hehe.

I'm sorry you are having such a shitty day. I'm sure everything is fine.

As for the hair color, I am a hairstylist. I do color everyday. My dr told me its perfectly fine to continue my job as long as its well ventilated. I'm fact I have a color going right now. A for my color I dyed mine closer to my natural when we were ttc. I'm doing foils in 2 weeks though. Time to lighten it up!

Had my scan today ladles. Baby measuring ahead so new due date of 20th October. So adorable waving about.

https://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg165/Georgie_and_Chris/CDB5713B-3FF1-49DB-98E6-FB62E084CFE8-3315-0000027EDE1153A6.jpg

Congrats girly.

Yes this is my first, been able to feel twinges for a couple of weeks tho si didn't like how it had gone quiet. Had some flutters tonight tho so just going to try to forget about stress of today and have a good weekend.

Got to see baby today! It was so wonderful. He/She got the hiccups and it was so adorable. The u/s tech even hinted (basically said) it was a boy. She kept pointing out a little "part" by the legs. She tried to look at its bottom to be certain but baby wouldn't cooperate and wanted to sit cross-legged. She is going to let me come back in 2 weeks to see for sure. But as for now we are thinking boy. Also the NT scan came back clear so we are so grateful for that! I'm just so excited that everything is well and I get to see baby again in 2 weeks :happydance:

Thats awesome that you got to find out that soon! Great picture!

I just hot my roots done yesterday. Not with a permanent . Through my past two pregnancys I did too. My hairdresser actually comes to my house so I don't have to go to the salon and breath all the fumes. I asked my midwife this time, as this is the first time I've had a midwife and not an ob , and she said there was nothing that clearly states that dying your hair actually harms the baby. But obviously to do it only when u must. And I waited, and man did I need to! I was embarrassed to leave the house! Feel much better now!!!

I went with a Midwife this time aswell. How are you liking it so far?

Broodymrs- Im sorry you had such a bad day Broodymrs! I had a couple days like that back when i was working pregnant with Mason..... it can be hard sometimes. But sometimes people can say things they dont mean when they are angry. Just remember that :hugs:

Girly- Thats and awesome picture! :)

Sorry you had a bad day broody. I have a difficult time tolerating people who do not pull their weight as well. Good for you for saying something. And don't feel bad about your meltdown. I had one today too between 2nd and 3rd period. It involved a lot of crying and not wanting to ever come back. It will be ok :hugs:

Thanks for the comments on the scans ladies! I did and still do have a feeling its a boy. I won't be disappointed either way though.

Great scan girly! I'm glad everything is good!

Nice Scan Mama Fox!

I am sorry about your day Broody. People are so insensitive sometimes. It is annoying! At least it is the weekend now and you can have some much deserved relaxation time.

I am working on day 3 of no ms! Woooohooo! I'm gonna have to change my mood face. I hope I don't jinx it!

Hi all,

Had my 12 week scan yesterday but they couldn't check nuchal translucency as baby is measuring 11 weeks :( I have to go back in a week for another.

The Dr when asked, said he was marginally concerned. I know when I ovulated as I had fertility treatment and have had 2 scans previously. Just hope that bub has a growth spurt this week.

Baby was wriggling all over the place though and heart beat was good :)

Just a little worried. We have delayed doing our big announcement

I was measuring under at my fist apt. Doc said anything within 10 days is normal as babies have spurts at different times. Then at my next apt baby was measuring on date. A strong heart beat and a wiggly baby is a good sign!

Didn't realize this thread was here! I'm due October 15, can you add me?

I just got back from Kansas city visiting my sister. Hope everyone is having a good week.

My MS has kicked in hardcore, so I'm giving sea bands a try. I'm almost 14 weeks, so this needs to hit the highway.

I have my NT/gender scan Tuesday. Hopefully it goes well. I hope its not too late for an accurate NT scan, nor too early for an accurate gender scan. Anyone have a late NT scan?

My bump has popped when I lay down, but I still just look normal and bloated standing up. However, my 3 year old nephew asked me, "Why is your belly so big?" after I had a big lunch. So that made me feel absolutely great. You can't really explain, "I'm just having a fat day, kid" to a 3 year old. When I was 6 weeks pregnant, I was wearing size 5 jeans. Now I'm in size 10, if I can button them, and I've only gained about 5 pounds. Allll bloat.

I'm just feeling whiny tonight.

Girly - I heard that NT scans can only be done between 11weeks - 13 weeks 6days maximum because after that it's just no reliable and also gender scans can only be done really accurately from 16weeks but they can have a good guess before then. So it may be a little too late for one and too soon for the other?

Dream - Try not to worry I'm sure everything is fine and baby will catch up :) and you get to see baby again next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->