Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Can I take a moment to complain?

I've wanted a baby for years, and now that I'm finally pregnant, I'm so bored! I think it started when we thought we were 3 weeks ahead of the dating scan. I had done a ton of research for each day of the pregnancy and now that I'm where we thought we already were, it's just like "Hohum. Been here."

I have absolutely no ms, my bbs are not all that sore anymore, I get some cramps/pulling and some heartburn, but for the most part, I don't feel any different than I do the day before AF.

I feel so guilty. I've wanted this for so long, and now I'm just kind of "whatever". I'm not showing, I obviously don't feel any movement, and I don't "feel" pregnant.

Definitely not feeling the joy like everyone tells me I should be. :-(

The other day I had to stop in the middle of my shower to throw up in the toilet. It was the second time I'd thrown up that night. Fortunately afterwards I was able to finish my shower just fine and I didn't throw up again for the rest of the night. Food has been so unappealing, the only thing I've been able to eat without being completely disgusted is cereal. I've just had no appetite what so ever and it worries me because I know that I need to eat, but it's so hard to at the same time. However my nacho recipe sounds pretty good right about now. What I do is cook some ground beef in some taco bell seasoning (you can buy it at some grocery stores here in the US, they sell little packets of it) and water, and heat up some mild queso dip, then put the queso in a bowl and mix in the cooked and seasoned ground beef which gives it a fantastic flavor. If you like veggies (like bell peppers and black olives) you can put mix them in too, but I generally don't. Then you just go to town with the tortilla chips and dip. Mmmm.

Also, I have a pregnancy vlog on Youtube, and I share the videos on my journal, but not everyone follows up with journals, so here's a link for anyone who wants to watch the videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/keelypregnancyblog.

I too get nauseous in the shower, and I hardly even have MS. I think it is something about the warm steam...I have to keep opening the shower door to let cool air in.

If opening the shower door works, then it probably is the warm steam. I will have to try that if it makes me sick again tonight. Thanks!

I've wanted a baby for years, and now that I'm finally pregnant, I'm so bored! I think it started when we thought we were 3 weeks ahead of the dating scan. I had done a ton of research for each day of the pregnancy and now that I'm where we thought we already were, it's just like "Hohum. Been here."

I have absolutely no ms, my bbs are not all that sore anymore, I get some cramps/pulling and some heartburn, but for the most part, I don't feel any different than I do the day before AF.

I feel so guilty. I've wanted this for so long, and now I'm just kind of "whatever". I'm not showing, I obviously don't feel any movement, and I don't "feel" pregnant.

Oh hunny, enjoy it while you can! Your life is going to change SOOOO much once your LO is born and you wont be board anymore!!!! LOL .... These days are nice, once you get into 3rd trimester is when you REALLY start to feel different. :)

Oh honey, I think the first trimester is sketchy for everyone, especially those of us who are first time preggos/moms. :hugs:
It would be disappointing to think that you were further along and have a doctor tell you that you're actually quite a bit further behind. I think that while we're hoping and dreaming of when we'll finally get pregnant, we have a certain idea about what pregnancy is supposed to be like and it rarely turns out that way. In the 1st trimester we worry when we don't have symptoms, we feel awful when we have too many symptoms, and all around we don't feel pregnant because we don't look pregnant yet and no one can tell that we are pregnant unless we tell them ourselves. We want to be able to show off that pregnant tummy and feel the baby kick and know the gender right away, and in the 1st trimester it all feels impossibly far away. I don't think that what you're feeling is uncommon at all, and sometimes I feel the same way. I think we all do now and then. I see that you're also from Missouri, I haven't seen another Missouri Mama yet in here! If you don't mind me asking, what part of MO are you from? I'm from Springfield. :D

I'm from the Columbia Area. All snowed in this week :-( I bet that's not helping my mood at all either! We got another 6-8 inches last night, with more coming.

I just wanna skip ahead a few weeks, til we're out of the "danger zone". I thought we were so close!

We are all getting close to being out of the "danger zone". Each week that we make it to, our babies are more likely to be in our arms at the end of our pregnancies. You know, if you can see a heart beat at the 8 week scan, the risk of miscarriage goes down by 80%? We got a little bit of snow down here, but it's not bad. I'm sorry about all of the snow up north though, that has to suck. ):

So I stumbled across this on Youtube. It's the most intricate and creative bump progression picture compilation I've ever seen! The hubby of this gal must be an artist. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLpTgTZGsg

girlnboots, I think it feels that way for most people. This is my second pregnancy and it still doesn't feel real and I feel sick as a dog! I think this part of the pregnancy really seems to drag on and on, just as much as the final weeks do when we get to them! You'll feel better about it soon, probably once you've had a scan!

I'm meeting my Doula for the first time tomorrow. I really hope I like her, there's not much choice in the area and she's the one I like! It's so important to me to have someone to properly support me this time. She's seemed lovely in emails though, and she's had lots of happy clients.

Anyone else thinking of having a doula?

I'm considering a doula, but only if we can afford it. This is my first time giving birth and this is DF's first time being support for a woman in labor, so neither of us knows what to expect and it would be nice to have a doula to help me through the labor, especially since I want to deliver naturally with no epidural and no pain medication and I'll be giving birth in a hospital.

for symptoms right now, i have none. it's weird because i remember being incredibly sick with my DS and now i have nothing. I know it's early so the ms could definitely kick in still, but i have that "i don't even feel pregnant" thing going on too.

for symptoms right now, i have none. it's weird because i remember being incredibly sick with my DS and now i have nothing. I know it's early so the ms could definitely kick in still, but i have that "i don't even feel pregnant" thing going on too.

I didn't really start feeling pregnant until about my 7th week. Hang in there, there is still plenty of time for symptoms to kick in. :thumbup:

OMG! I barf in the shower almost every night! I thought I was the only one. For some reason, maybe the steam(?), I get sooo nauseated in the shower! This board makes me feel so much better... well, maybe not better, but at least "Normal"!

OMG! That is crazy!! I didn't puke in the shower, but I was feeling great before I got in, then the next thing I knew I had to rinse off as fast as possible because what started as a little wave of nausea turned into full blown "I have to get out of here, it is making me sick." I went out and laid one the couch until I couldn't hold it in anymore. OH asked me about what I ate, and if it was the vitamins and blah, blah, blah and I kept insisting it was the shower. He said I was nuts and I agreed in the back of my head, because when does a shower do that?? I am sorry you are going through that. I thought it might be the steam or change in temperature??? Who knows. It was the first time the shower made me sick and I am really hoping that it is not something that happens more than the one time. That was the sickest I have been so far! Just thinking about it is making me :sick:

This totally happened to me this morning! I couldn't get out fast enough! I was gaging all over the place an jumped out soaked and got to the toilet! Still havnt puked yet but I've had waves of nausea.

Slim britt I am so so sorry for your loss! I really hope you get the answers you are looking for.

AFM I had a scan yesterday since I started spotting brown yesterday. I have been doing that since feb 8th. Everything looked perfectly normal. 1 sac with a yoke. Too soon to see a baby and Hb. I go back next Tuesday to have another scan. Hgc is where it should be. They are not concerned about the spotting.

I've had my first scan and everything was great! Heartbeat and everything. I always thought us women were supposed to become "mothers" as soon as we find out we're pregnant. But I don't feel any different. Happy? Sure! But its hard to believe I have a baby growing in me right now.

KalonKiKi, I agree with you. I'd like to have a natural labor, but with the benefits of a hospital. Luckily, my doctor is great about letting us research our options and all that.

I love the idea of self-guided pushing. Has anyone else read up on that?

I've had my first scan and everything was great! Heartbeat and everything. I always thought us women were supposed to become "mothers" as soon as we find out we're pregnant. But I don't feel any different. Happy? Sure! But its hard to believe I have a baby growing in me right now.

KalonKiKi, I agree with you. I'd like to have a natural labor, but with the benefits of a hospital. Luckily, my doctor is great about letting us research our options and all that.

I love the idea of self-guided pushing. Has anyone else read up on that?

To be honest i didnt feel like a 'mother ' until a while. I am sure it is different with everyone but myself, it took me a while. I was once my son started interacting with me more.. thats when i felt like it

girlnboots

I want a doula. Haven't reached out to any yet though. A friend just became one, but has moved across the country. I'm going to check with her to see if there's someone she recommends in my area.

Kalon, that video was so cute!!

I think it's normal not to quite feel like a mother yet in the 1st trimester. After all, we're still getting used to the idea of being pregnant, we don't have a visible bump yet, we can't feel our baby move yet, and we don't know the gender yet (for those of us that plan to find out, that is). It's a big change and it takes some getting used to, especially if you're a first time mom and have never been called "mommy/mummy" before. I definitely don't feel like a mom yet. It's been a mind blowing change for me, this is my first time ever being pregnant.

I didn't really feel like a mother until DD was born and in my arms, then it all just hits you right in the face! "oh my god, im a mother" best, best bit about pregnancy ever :thumbup: birth is such an amazing experience :cloud9:
Somehow I think pregnancy can be a little like looking through somebody elses eyes, it just doesn't feel like it's going to be you. Putting up cribs, decorating nurseries, buying tiny little person clothes and nappies. Without the actual baby it all just feels too unreal until you've got a little person fillling it all :)

I'm 6 weeks today, so I've called and made an appointment for an early private ultrasound for 8weeks 2days. 15th March and counting! I just hope everything stays okay until then :thumbup: two weeks really does feel like a lifetime away.

girlnboots, I think it feels that way for most people. This is my second pregnancy and it still doesn't feel real and I feel sick as a dog! I think this part of the pregnancy really seems to drag on and on, just as much as the final weeks do when we get to them! You'll feel better about it soon, probably once you've had a scan!

I'm meeting my Doula for the first time tomorrow. I really hope I like her, there's not much choice in the area and she's the one I like! It's so important to me to have someone to properly support me this time. She's seemed lovely in emails though, and she's had lots of happy clients.

I am curious about a doula, and not sure how to go about getting one here in canada. I have two midwives, a primary and a secondary one, both of whom will 100% be present at the birth. Because this is our third and last baby, we want to try it differently and do it natural this time( i had an epidural with the other two, and hospital births), but this time I am going to try and have the baby at my midwives birthing suite at their office. Its a big lovely room with a queen size bed, a large birthing tub, all the comforts of home, but Im not sure how bringing in a doula there would work....
Are they hired seperate from the midwife? I have my second midwife appt on the 12th so will ask her i guess...

Also second and third time mamas.....how early do we start to feel the baby move? I have read that when its ur third time, even your second, that you are able to feel the baby much earlier then the first time....Anyone know?:flower:

Also...so cute, now that I have a prominant bump, and the kids know, they kiss and rub the lil bump ...its really sweet to see, and makes me the happiest mama in the world!! :cloud9:

Sorry for the lon post...how is everyone feeling today?!! I know its super early on in the journey, but is anyone thinking of baby names yet for boy and girl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->