Limbo Ladies!!

That was my thought when I woke up this morning amanda 'I'm having a baby today....hopefully" lol.

Get that telly working, its nearly jeremy kyle time!!!!

Oooh I hope so Rach!

Heather - hoping my LO would come on my birthday didnt mean I didn't want LO to have her own special day!!!!! ...My birthday is not a big deal to me and I had a rubbish day yesterday anyway. I just thought it would be nice if me and my LO had an extra special bond by sharing a birthday. It would have always been about her anyway if she had come on my birthday, not that it matters now anyway!

Ohhh no :cry: - it sounds like I have upset you! I didn't mean anything by what I said at all!!! Everyone kept saying to me 'oh I bet you want her to come on your Birthday' and I was like 'no way!! This is MY Birthday!!' I just thought (for me only!!!) it was nicer to have 2 days, my birthday and her birthday - as I love birthdays!!! (I am basically a child!!) I'm so sorry if it came across any differently hon, I had NO intention to offend you. I only mentioned it all as I think most people would think that we'd want them to come on our Birthdays rather than my way! When I started having those Braxton Hicks I was laying in bed thinking...come back in 24 hours!!!

Anyway - really hope you understand what I meant now and hope you had a lovely day :flower:

There's a chance my bubs could come on my birthday and I will be doing everything within my control not to make this happen - spending my 30th in hospital in an assortment of undignified positions not quite my plan, lol! I've already had to cancel my intended 30th birthday garden party (grr). Hope you birthday girls had lovely days and that everyone's babies start to appear soon (apart from mine!)!

I really do think you are the minority Vicki lol

As of tomorrow I have permission from my MW to start trying to bring on labour lol so a vindaloo and pinapple it is with a clary sage bath afterwards, then a nice bumpy ride in the car.

Im here waiting for the doc to ring back. My hands are going dead everynight no matter what way I lie, Ive got a headache I cant shift and I just dont feel right.
Probably nothing but Im such a a worry wort these days, Id rather be checked and be fine than leave it, especially the way Ive been swelling up in my feet and ankles.

Plus side, Ive got my telly working again so Ill have to catch Jezza on the repeat, was it any good?

Bleurgh, one more day of feeling sorry for myself and then as of tomorrow I am going to be happy again no matter what!!

x

Good morning my lovely ladies. Nothing happened last night. One sodding contraction, then nothing. Not happy :( I got so excited as I hadn't had a contraction before and thought something was happening. I have a friend from work coming over in 2 hours and my house is a tip :( Blah. I do not have the energy to clean, or move for that matter, i'm so exhausted? I will be having a bowl of coco pops and some toast with laughing cow on, then i'll have to tackle the house.

OMG, just got into work from my midwife appt, baby is engaged! This cannot happen, lol! No more exercise ball for me, it's so far resulted in them turning out of breech (good as it was uncomfortable) and engaging (bad!!!). It felt reeeally heavy last night and loads of pressure on my pelvis, I knew then it had dropped. Sent Mr G a text and he responded with 'Eek x 1000'. We are such bad parents. Better get on with some stuff I guess, maybe buy them some bedsheets and get some hospital bag provisions. Fingers crossed I at least get to enjoy my three weeks' holiday before mat leave kicks in...!! Terrifying! On the plus side the midwife did tell me I looked very well and was very sensible about everything (discussion about birth 'plan' basically just started and ended with me saying 'look, I have no idea what is actually going to happen and frankly I will have whatever I'm given and do whatever I'm told').

Aaagghhhh!

Woah, it sounds like you are all on the brink of your bubbas making their appearances! I have a very strong feeling I'm going to be left behind! I thought my little guy had started to drop last night and was getting a bit excited, but he feels as high again today as he did before! Next midwife appointment is on Tuesday, but I have a really strong feeling I'm going to go way overdue.

On a happier note, our nursery is more or less done! Still have a few bits and bobs to do like put a shelf up and get his clothes away, but the bulk of it all is finished :)

Here are a couple of pics.....

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 3
Lovely nursery!! :)

So I am now into single digits! the countdown is on!!!

I feel like I need to pee all the time! I was thinking of making a home in the toilet!

All these engaged bubbas, Im jealous, mine is moving back up when I need him to move down so i can have my sweep. Saying that though I can barely walk today as the pressure is so bad down there and I keep getting shooting pains so god knows what its going to be like when he really does engage.

Off to the docs at half 3 to be checked, he said he may send me over to DAU to be monitored too, great but as I said before, better safe than sorry. The only thing is, and this is going to sound daft, is that I have been on the sofa all day resting as I dont feel well so my feet arent as bad as they usually are and I dont have the pics to show him how bad they get as my phone went into be repaired yesterday so I have a shitty replacement one.
I may stand and do the dishes before I go so they swell up a bit more just so I can say look this is what happens when I get up and move about lol

Right think its time for a little nap before I fetch Phoebe at 3, she has been a little monster today so hopefully she will have run off a little steam when I pick her up x

Vicki meet ur twin! I am exactly the same as u, midwife told me I was engaged and I said ohhhh noooo, she said just get urself prepared. But I refuse to believe she's going to come early lol, I can't handle that!!!

Lovely nursery Kim :) Oh girls I'm starting to feel very anxious. Only 4 days til my due date.I'm scared of going into labour but also scared of going for the induction. I feel quite anxious and horrible today, as excited as I am, I'm bricking it.
I really hope you're all doing well. I'm sorry I keep going on about it all!! xx

Thanks Yasmin and Rachy :) We're happy with how it's turned out- I just need to keep remembering it won't stay tidy for long!

Aww Rachy, I can understand why you're getting nervous- it does feel like it's come around all of a sudden. I'm sure you'll be fine and things will go smoothly. I know it's easier said than done, but is there anything you can do that's non baby related that can keep your mind occupied? Do you have a book you've been meaning to read, or an email or letter that you need to write to a friend?

Oooh I hope so Rach!

Heather - hoping my LO would come on my birthday didnt mean I didn't want LO to have her own special day!!!!! ...My birthday is not a big deal to me and I had a rubbish day yesterday anyway. I just thought it would be nice if me and my LO had an extra special bond by sharing a birthday. It would have always been about her anyway if she had come on my birthday, not that it matters now anyway!

Ohhh no :cry: - it sounds like I have upset you! I didn't mean anything by what I said at all!!! Everyone kept saying to me 'oh I bet you want her to come on your Birthday' and I was like 'no way!! This is MY Birthday!!' I just thought (for me only!!!) it was nicer to have 2 days, my birthday and her birthday - as I love birthdays!!! (I am basically a child!!) I'm so sorry if it came across any differently hon, I had NO intention to offend you. I only mentioned it all as I think most people would think that we'd want them to come on our Birthdays rather than my way! When I started having those Braxton Hicks I was laying in bed thinking...come back in 24 hours!!!

Anyway - really hope you understand what I meant now and hope you had a lovely day :flower:

:flower: Take no notice of me Heather, Im extremely hormonal and having a bit of a shit time lately so..

everyone was the opposite to what they were like to you and kept saying 'oooh you dont want her to come on your birthday'!!!! lol. Like I said, I dont care about my birthday anyway. I used to, but its no big deal to me now. Still didnt stop me from having a really shit birthday this year. Think Im just emotional because it's the last birthday I will spend with my mum and it was awful.

Oooh I hope so Rach!

:flower: Take no notice of me Heather, Im extremely hormonal and having a bit of a shit time lately so..

everyone was the opposite to what they were like to you and kept saying 'oooh you dont want her to come on your birthday'!!!! lol. Like I said, I dont care about my birthday anyway. I used to, but its no big deal to me now. Still didnt stop me from having a really shit birthday this year. Think Im just emotional because it's the last birthday I will spend with my mum and it was awful.

Hi lovely, sorry you had a shitty day :hugs: and don't worry sweetie, we're all hormonal and emotional and it sounds like you have more reason than most to be feeling sad, big hugs xxx

Waiting for a stork - Love you nursery, it's gorgeous!!! Well done you :thumbup:

Rachy - bricking it...arhhh you'll be grand hon, I reckon it's only natural to be overwhelmed at the end. I know as soon as real labour starts for me I'll be half excited and half shitting myself!!

Vicky and Michelle - don't panic sweetie, my little one was engaged at 35 weeks and has been fully engaged since before 38 weeks and I'm still waiting... Best to get organised though :winkwink: just incase!!!

Yasmin - congrats on getting to single figures, and I know what you mean about the bathroom, I might take out share in andrex!!

Barbles - good luck with the doc hon, I hope your feet are suitably swollen so they can see what you've been putting up with!

Hope I haven't missed anyone! I can't believe it's Friday again, another week gone - a few of us with due dates next week - we could have a baby by next weekend - holy cow!!! Starting to think I might go over now though as I've been engaged so long and keep getting positive pains and twinges but nothing ever really seems to progress! I still can't believe I'm at the end of this journey and about to start a whole new chapter of life - woah! Scary but...bring it on :happydance: xxx

Have great weekends everyone and super giant hugs to mrs pop xxx

Thanks hun, I need a good ol hug. Have been crying a lot the past couple o' days think Im getting a bit dehydrated!!!! :haha:

Thankyou ladies, sadly whatever I try to do I'm still thinking about going into labour / being induced! but at the same time I'm also wanting to go into labour because I feel like hell! ahhh I can't win! I'm also eating like a,.. I don't know, something that eats alot. anyone else??xxxxxxx

Urg spent the entire evening in hospital with suspected pre-eclampsia. Got to the docs and was in cold sweats, head ache, very swollen everywhere, had + protien in my urine and my BP was at first 154/113 then went down to 151/101 so off I was sent.

After a few hours of monitoring and being stuck on a bed, I was given the all clear, told to rest and ring if I feel unwell again. SO now home, just had a bit of tea. Still got a headache, swollen and tired so off to bed, Phoebe is at my mums so at least I can have a bit of a lie in tomorrow.

Getting serious backache that is coming and going, havent timed it but I think its coming sort of regular, will probably wain when I got to bed. I think its time baby Jacob made his way into the world, I can see the next couple of weeks being a mash up of swelling, unwellness and high BP lol

Hope everyone else is ok, will have a catch up tomorrow xx

Hope you're feeling better Barbles :hugs: I was also in hospital lastnight due to reduced fetal movements, everything ok now though. How do you feel today? xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->