Limbo Ladies!!

Morning lovelies!!!

Fingers crossed for Rachy today!!! Hope the induction goes ok hon! Xxx

Hugs to everyone else, I've done the usual and read everyone's posts and now forgotten who said what but hope you are all doing ok. Barbles, hope you're feeling better hon xxx

Michelle - I have the hard feet problem - it's horrid but my friend bought me a pedicure for my birthday so I'm hoping to get that done today or tomorrow (subject to baby turning up of course!!)

Feeling like a giant lump today - 1 day to my due date but no idea when she's going to come, I just want her now!!!!!! So tired of waiting now. Had lots of BH's and grumbly pains but no show or water breaking or anything conclusive. Phrrrrruuuuupppppp!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Thankyou all for your kind words, I'm now going to say au revoir! got a busy day before I go in at 8pm and not sure if i'll get a chance to pop on, but just wanted to say I love you all lots! have a nice few days, I will update when possibile. Any of you are welcome to message me if you want to stay in touch via text, if not then no worries, I don't want to chase you all asking for numbers so if you want to just let me know if you want to stay in touch via text, just send me a message on here. Nervous as hell, but telling myself this time next week it'll all be done! can we say oh my god? :| Lots of love ladies xx

Good luck Rachy!!
Hope all goes well- will be thinking about you xx
Another Limbo baby on their way- woohoo!!

Sorry you're not having any signs yet Heather. Hope bubba doesn't make you wait too much longer.

Amanda- hope your midwife appointment goes well today. I've got one this afternoon, but not expecting much from it!

Happy Full Term Day Michelle! I hope you are resting as ordered! I've actually been wondering the same thing about the duvet bit- hope one of our ladies who's a mummy already can help us out with that. Oh, and the hard skin on my toes at the moment is RIDICULOUS!!

Oh my word, good luck rachyroux! Hope everything goes ok, can't wait to hear the good news. So limbo baby no. 3 is now officially on the way, Hopefulheath next?

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes! We had a lovely afternoon on Sunday for the afternoon out I demanded (!) and last night I got home to a lovely bouquet of roses and an enormous box of chocs - we'd said no presents but frankly I'd have been gutted if no flowers had been there!!! I bought him an Aussie RL polo shirt at the weekend too (cotton!) and our 'proper' present to ourselves is a big pile of new bedding for our new bed arriving on Friday, woop woop! Took great delight in throwing away all our old stuff at the weekend! I am usefully using my work time (no work!) to browse John Lewis and M&S websites.

Sat trying to ignore the baby's head in my groin...quite difficult. Am so bored I'm even replying to celebrities' Twitter tweets which I swore I'd never do in case it makes me look like a loser. I have a few things I could be doing but I think my head has already left the building... waiting now for my 'leaving' lunch with my dad today! Thinking Wagamama. Please hurry up 5.30pm, there's only so much internet surfing I can do!!!

D'oh, I forgot to actually write what I was going to write!

Michelle, a pedicure won't solve your problems (they're not in-depth enough I find!) but an appointment with a chiropodist will - I ALWAYS go to the chiropodist to have all my hard skin removed and my feet attended to and it's amazing. I then sometimes follow that up with a pedicure appointment but more often than not I'll just slap a load of foot cream and some socks on at home (in bed overnight ideally) and soften them that way. Next week I plan to have both a chiropodist appointment and a pedicure though seeing as I can't actually reach my feet myself now! Seriously, chiropodists are underused. I recommend it. Mine costs about £15 for an appointment.

Thanks Vicky - my mum uses a chiropodist too and loves it - maybe I should check it out!! Saying that as part of the pedicure my friend got a fish spa!!! Hehe, so I'm going to feed the fish with my foot skin - ha, that sounds grimola but I bet it's fun!!! Xxx

I am probably the youngest person to use my chiropodist by a good 30 years or so, my grandma recommended I go! My mum goes to one now too, lol. Our feet are much improved! I have thought about doing one of those fish spa things, there's one near work! I have really ticklish feet though and hate fish (when alive - tasty when on plate) so would probably spend the time splashing fish everywhere and being completely grossed out by the whole experience.

My mums doing a fish spa next week so will ask her how she gets on. I've tried the home remedies, was soaking my feet last night and got the pumice stone on them then slept in socks with mouisturiser etc but they're still quite hard so back to soaking them.

Anyone got any advice on the duvet things? Where's claire when we need her lol.

My next door neighbour just invited me over, she's about 70 I think. She had a plate of biscuits out for me lol, telling me about her life and I told her about mine etc. JEREMY KYLE IS A FAMIILY FRIEND!!! Wheyyyy. But she said I'm welcome over whenever and she loves babies :) xxxx

Love it Michelle, you could actually MEET Jezza! Lol! Shall we look out for you in the audience?!

Not sure about the little duvets - guess it depends on how hot the baby is? I'm going to be putting mine in vest and babygro, then anything else depends on how warm it is. I want to use a swaddle blanket thing for sleeps so that's a third layer, then can always put a blanket or light sheet over that too. A lot of those little duvet things are just for show to make the basket/crib look nice I think.

Get thee to a chiropodist, your feet will have never felt so soft! Your 70-year old neighbour friend is sure to know one!

Haha, that's ace Michelle- as long as we don't actually see you ON Jeremy Kyle ;)

Vicki- glad you had such a nice anniversary. I follow far too many silly celebrities on Twitter, but my account is locked so I don't have to worry about making a fool of myself as they wouldn't be able to see my tweets anyway ;) I was just saying to OH yesterday that I was craving Wagamama. We're going into Manc on Saturday as I'm getting fitted for some nursing bras in Bravissimo, so may have to pop in then!

Right ladies, I'm off to get sorted for my midwife appointment. Will catch up with you all later :)

Fish pedicures are nice,I had it done in Bali, but i wouldnt say they were great for getting off the dead skin, especially if its pretty bad....Vicki is right, go to the chiropodist then treat yourself to a luxury pedi....just so the tootsies look all pretty :)

Im on ly in work til 3.30 today, then Im going to the races with work....it will be the last time i see everyone as I work about 2 hrs away from the rest of my team in a cave on my own! SO looking forward to that....just hope I win!!

Glad everyone is ok today!! Good luck Rach, cant wait for piccys!!

Im in a much better place today than I have been for a few days, I dont even feel like crying, which is nice (im even risking eyeliner today lol)! Still hurting all over and pretty sure this baby wont stay put til August 26th...but hey ho.....means I can have a pate baguestte and some stilton sooner!!

Big love to all x

Hah vicki you make me laugh. I'm sat soaking them as we speak as I'm bored waiting for the crib bedding to wash so I may aswell attempt making me feet look pretty. I might invest in a foot spa as it feels nice with them in a bowl so I'm sure it would feel nice with bubbles.

Well my story is one that could make it on to Jeremy Kyle however I feel I'm too well spoken and wash my hair too much to make good television lol.

Watching peter andre on loose women, am I the only one that he slightly annoys? He's a bit...puffy and needs to man up in my opinion.

Xx

Lol at both Kate and her cave and Michelle and your too-frequent hair washing! Ha! I have literally never watched Jeremy Kyle, I think I might have to tune in next week - roll on mat leave and killing off all my brain cells! I swear when I have to come back to work I'll have to re-take all my professional exams just to remind myself of what to do.

Wagamama was niiiice Kim, get yourself there. The Spinningfields one is right opposite my office so v. handy for big noodley/ricey lunches. Today I had yaki udon, my dad had some teriyaki chicken and rice thing that looked really nice.

I suppose I'll have to go and have myself measured for nursing bras (although I've been wearing them in my normal size this entire pregnancy!) - is this something M&S could sort me out with or am I better off at Bravissimo (or anywhere else)? I'm not enormous of busom, just a fairly normal C cup but I'm aware of the fact that they balloon!!

Watching peter andre on loose women, am I the only one that he slightly annoys? He's a bit...puffy and needs to man up in my opinion.
I think he's managed to build a career on flaunting his feminine side! I did feel for him after the whole Jordan debacle though I have to say.

He headlined a gig in Wigan last week - with Jedward! Lol!!!

I would say go to Bravissimo over M&S Vicki, I dont think M&S bras are the best fit in the world....although, the do 2 nursing bras for £25, and they're not hideous!! Ive just been meassured (OMG...36H) for a Hot Milk bra (think you'll find them on google, very pretty nursing bras), so Im going to get one or 2 of those and a couple of the M&S ones :)

Ta, will have a look at those! I just tried at work but the websites are blocked, presumably because they show pictures of women in bras. *rolls eyes* A couple of the ones I've been wearing throughout have come from Debenhams and they're nice and also quite comfy. I need to go out for an hour tomorrow so my boss doesn't make me go for lunch with her (!) so I'll head to Bravissimo and see what I can find there I think! I dread to think what size I'll end up with, terrifying!!

Yeh, however I do find jordan more interesting to watch lol, she's more car crash which is definitely what we all like to watch!

Yep my Jeremy Kyle story - split up with long term boyfriend, have sex with someone else, find out I'm pregnant, give it a go with the FOB, get dumped on xmas day, realise I should never have split with the ex, he decides to give it a go again, were mega happy but the FOB decides he would rather live with a girl and her baby who he is on the birth certificate for but its not his child than have any contact with his real baby. But yeh, I definitely wash my hair too much for me to make that story interesting. LOL.

Fish finger sandwiches = yum by the way xx

Hello all!

Good girl Michelle, feel the love of bagels and chocolate spread lol I cant believe anyone finds them gross (cough cough Claire haha). And if you meet Jezza Ill be so jealous.

I cant remember what anyone else said...... um feet, mine are disgusting. Obviously apart from the swelling Ive got serious hard skin too, Im booking in for a pedi when baby arrives, my mum did paint my nails a very fetching coral pink yesterday so at least they look pretty.

MW went ok today, BP is ok, still nearing the high side but normal for me, urine was all fine too. Babys movements have slowed up but his heartbeat was good and strong and she thinks he has just run out of room. He is 4/5 engaged again which is good. I can stll have a sweep next week as long as he is proper in my pelvis which Im assuming he isnt at the moment.

Got a banging headache so going to try to have a bit of a snooze while Phoebe watches Scooby Doo.

And Good Luck Rach, our next limbo baby :hugs:

Glad it went well at the midwife Amanda- sounds like things are progressing :) Hope you're still managing to get some rest with your blood pressure and headaches.

Katie- glad to hear you're feeling happier today. I'm daydreaming about which foods I can start eating again soon too. I would kill for some brie on a warm baguette but have decided that I want OH to go to the chinese takeaway when I've had the baby, and bring me back a shedload of sesame prawn toast, prawn wantons and sweet and sour king prawn (can you sense a theme here?!).

Vicki- the teriyaki chicken with rice is my favourite thing at Wagamama actually. Nom. Hmm.....really going to need to go there on Saturday now!

On the subject of nursing bras...I actually ordered a Hot Milk one off Amazon. It was a bit risky as I completely guessed the size but honestly, it is SO comfortable. So much better than the M&S and Mothercare ones that I've tried. I can't wait to be measured properly at Bravissimo on Saturday, although I'm scared about what size they'll come up with!

Well, my midwife appointment went really well. BP was fine (although I still think it seems a little low to me), sample was clear, baby's heartbeat was good and she's said that he's positioned on the left side (which is good apparently) and that his head is now deeply engaged. Fundal height was also spot on. I mentioned the pelvic pain I'd been having again, and she saw how uncomfortable I was when I tried to get on the bed. She said I should have made a bigger deal about it (although I just thought it was normal pregnancy stuff and didn't want to moan lol) so she's referred me straight away to physio. I wonder if it's too late now though?

Hey ladies!

Firstly, good luck Rachy! Can't wait to hear all about baby Layla and see pics!!

And Michelle, I didn't FORCE you to stay in bed, I merely let you know it's nigh on impossible to do when you have a baby around so make the most of it while you can - good advice, no? :haha: And Amanda, eew! Still not feeling it :rofl: I used to like chocolate spread but now the thought is :sick: Lol.

I hope Ceecee updates soon with her birth story and more pics of Jessica! I'm missing her!

I'm alright over here, hasn't been as warm here but still clammy and enough to make me sweat like crazy! I have all the usual pregnancy moans and I'm ready for baby to come now!xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->