Limbo Ladies!!

Hello hello!!! Urgh had no Internet for 2 days and I missed you all!!!!

Just had a little catch up - we're all sounding much the same, tired, hot, fed up and emotional!! Yay for late pregnancy!

Claire- nice to have you back hon!

Barbles - urgh sorry about your horrid day and your phone!!! I hate sucky days! Big hug!

Mrs GM - oh don't be sad and alone, hope your husband feels better and looks after you soon!!

Yasmin - have a lovely haircut!

Rachy - sounds like you're symptom spotting just like me! So frustrating!!

Mrs pop - the coincidences continue - I had my hair done today too!! Hehe xxx happy birthday to us for tomorrow!! Yay!

Michelle - good luck with FOB's parents hon :hugs: you are very sweet to include them, I hope they realise how lucky they are that you're so understanding and kind!

As for me, been getting periody cramps and loads of braxton hicks but nothing regular. No sign of plug or waters.... Phrrrrrrp wish I knew when she was coming! The last 2 days were hideous in that heat, never been so uncomfy in my life! Very glad it's been cooler today!!! Lovely husband has taken day off work tomorrow for my birthday so we are going out for the day and dinner in the evening :happydance: Really looking forward to spending the day together, may be the last time we get to have a day to just the two of us for a while!!

Big hugs to you all :hugs: hope we hear something from CeeCee soon :shrug:

Xxx

Happy birthday for tomorrow Heather! I'm going for dinner tomorrow too...spicy curry methinks!!!! :rofl:

Thanks heather, I think they do realise I'm being quite kind. But its only to make my life easier, I don't want battles etc.

Oh you ladies who are so close to the end now I hope it all goes well for you, its mad we've gone through all of this together! Xx

Do you have any signs yet Lauki? I'm just going to lie in bed and feel sorry for myself for a bit, then do some cleaning!

Wonder how ceecee is getting on, I hope she has the little baby by now :)

Jeremy kyle time! Xx

Still no signs! Had another sweep done yesterday, but because my blood pressure was way up high I got sent to hospital and strapped on the bed for nearly 3 hours. So I couldn't get up and active to try and get contractions going. By the time they sent me home I was absolutely knackered and ended up just having dinner and going to bed. Hopefully I can get something going today!

As for what they do with a sweep. Basically the MW does an internal exam, puts her finger up there ;). They try and find your cervix if it's not still too far back and then they can feel how dilated you are and even stretch you up a bit. After that she 'sweeps' the membranes. So she loosens the membranes on your cervix to release hormones that can kickstart labour!

It's not really painful, it's just uncomfortable and a very strange feeling! Nothing to worry about though, if it starts labour it makes me happy ;)!.

9 days over now :cry:, induction booked for Sunday morning bright and early at 8am!

Hey girls. How is everyone doing today (apart from very fed up by the sound of it!)?

Have to admit, I'm starting to get achey now but I think the fact that I still have so much to do is stopping me getting impatient.....for now! I had a fair few BH on Saturday (whilst at the cinema, watching Bridesmaids- maybe all of you girls near their due date could try that lol!), but nothing much since. I'm trying to figure out if baby has dropped a little bit or not- sometimes I think he has, and sometimes I think my bump still feels really high. Next midwife appointment is next Tuesday so I guess I'll find out then!

Well, we now have a ceiling in our kitchen again! It was a hell of a messy job but so relieved it's done. Whole room is being redecorated tomorrow. Carpet for baby's room was meant to come on Monday too but when I rang up the carpert place in the afternoon, my name wasn't down for a fitting, even though I rang and confirmed it the week before! So, they hastily fitted me in first thing yesterday morning and then brought the wrong bloody carpet!! They one they brought was Doeskin apparently (beige) instead of blue- not much of a difference lol. So, I had to go back to the shop with the fitter at rush hour, show them which one I should have had, and then come back home for it to be fitted. Luckily, it's done now. Also yesterday afternoon, we had our car seat bases sorted at Mothercare and we now have his car seat so that's one more thing off the list. Just have to keep my fingers crossed tomorrow that the nursery furniture actually turns up!!

Sorry for the rant there!

Hello ladies,

Well we have our first Limbo baby, well done CeeCee, a million hours of induction and labour and I bet you forgot it all when you saw little Jessica for the first time. Cant wait to see pictures and hear a birth story.

And happy birthday to our birthday girls

Today I worked my arse off. I scrubbed Jacobs drawers out, cleaned & disinfected the changing station, sorted all the clothes, folded and ironed to be put away (babys and ours), did the shopping online for the first time, went to Phoebes parents evening (so proud of my little angel) and done the dishes and other housework. Oh and tackled the evil deadly ant powder in the window, I left a bit of powder on the corners and lucky I did as Ive had more ants come in today but they didnt last long. Oh is going to fill the tiny hole in tonight so the little buggers cant get in anymore.

I am so sore and swollen now so waiting for OH to get home (he will be home before 8 tonight :happydance:) get little miss in bed, blag OH for a take away and then soak my poor body in the bath.

But it was worth it as Im near enough all ready for little man, just gotta fill the drawers and changing station tomorrow and Im done!!!

Daily manky foot picture

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 4
Oh god! Amanda ur poor poor feet!!! It looks like you could pop them like a blitster, do they feel like that?

I've been telling claire on facebook about my horrible pains tonight, period pains galore but the pain in my penny is the worst. I'm trying to forget it now as I'm in bed, got a midwife app at half 9, with another new midwife, fingers crossed she's nice!

Yay to ceecee!!! Must be mad after all this talk she's finally here! Xxx

Hello ladies, just a quick one as I'm monstrously busy at work with 6 working days to go (aarrrgghhh!!!) but I see that CeeCee has had Jessica! Fab news, can't wait to see pics and hope everything went ok. Hope the rest of you are well - poor feet Barbles, not long to go though then you'll be back to normal!

Not a lot of news at this end, still not started decorating in the nursery (should be next week though) and nowhere near ready for this baby to arrive but hopefully they'll stay put for another 5-6 weeks! I must be the only third tri person on this entire forum who is not actively trying to get their baby engaged/out! Am not even starting any raspberry leaf tea or anything yet. To be honest I've really enjoyed being preggers and love it, think I've been pretty lucky that I've not had any probs so far though. Midwife appt tomorrow, she will hopefully tell me that the baby hasn't moved downwards any more and is showing no signs whatsoever of arriving, lol!

Congrats to Ceecee! I hope all went well and can't wait to hear story & pics!

Hopefulheath & mrspop- I hope you both had brilliant birthdays! :D what did you do for them?

Lauki- I hope your little one comes soon. If not I wish you the best for Sunday! :hugs: I had a sweep today and mine felt quite painful!*maybe I'm just a wuss* definately uncomfortable but it made me screw my face up.! I have another one on Tuesday morning.

Kim- I hope everything's good with you & that your furniture turned up! Sorry to hear about the aches and pains. Since week 38 I'd say my BH have become crazy frequent! I'd only had one or two previous now I get quite a few daily.

Amanda- I have to agree your poor feet :( Give them a lovely soak. You sound like superwoman I have not got the energy to clean anymore :'( I'm so uncomfortable and the pains are pretty much all the time I just want to lie down all day.

Michelle- hope all went well with the MW- I know what you mean about the period pains. Horrible, also cervixy pains. Make me wince. aghh.

Vicki- I haven't even done anything to try and hurry baby along. Maybe I should've as now i'm so impatient and incredibly fed up! Might buy some RLT tomorrow.!

As for Update here, had my consultant appointment this morning.
Had an internal exam, and a sweep- DIDNT like the sweep.
My cervix is a fingertip dilated, not thinned very much but I'm booked in for an induction on my due date- 5th July 8pm.

They told me they wont let me leave after the 5th until I've had the baby. So once I'm in, I wont be leaving on my own! I'll have our little girly. So It's set in stone for me now! So nervous but so excited. Fear of the unknown! She said baby will more than likely arrive between the 6th and 8th, seeing as it starts at 8pm on the 5th she said it's unlikely I'll have her less than the first 24 hrs. Really scared about being induced!.. scared of labour in general to be honest.

We think we've decided on her name. I liked the name from the start but OH originally didn't.
Now he keeps calling her by that name and says he can't imagine her with any other name! we haven't chosen it for definate but it's more than likely, that this time next week (fingers crossed) I'll be introducing you ladies to Layla.

his parents hate the name and didn't hold back saying so *rolls eyes* but she's been Layla since I found out I was pregnant, just took a while For Jeff to warm to it!

So fingers crossed, she'll be here soon. Hopefully she'll come naturally before the induction on Tuesday. That's what I'm hoping for anyway but just want her here now.!

much love to you all xx

I like the name Layla! :) And who cares what anyone else thinks, she is your beautiful baby!

I had a busy day yesterday, got my eyebrows threaded (Lol hurt like $%&£$$££*! and at the same time baby boy was kicking away and hurting my tummy), then I had my hair cut (the shampoo massage felt soooo good) and then it was off to the shops in central! Very tiring and also very busy! I wont go there again in a hurry because people walked into me and bumped me when they could clearly see I am heavily pregnant! One woman hit the side of my tummy (not hard) but I was fuming!

We have hot water now! Yay the boiler guy came today and fixed it.

I'm hoping to go and watch transformers this afternoon! Hope they have some seats left! We went yesterday and the place was packed so we left! There were also loads of people at the o2 for glee live!

P.S. Happy birthday Hopefulheath and Mrspop...hope it was a magical day!

Oh and did you know you can get bio oil on prescription??! I've been paying all this time. Had an appointment today and managed to get a prescription for it.

You can also get Lansinoh on prescription so check with GP before paying £10. I will call my GP for it once baby is here (I cant get it right now).

Wow Amanda, you have been a busy bee haven't you?! Your poor, poor feet though :(

Rachy- the name Layla is absolutely beautiful. I already know that our families are going to have an opinion about the name we choose but ultimately, they had their chance naming us and our OHs- now it's our turn!! Very exciting about knowing when your little lady will be on her way, although I can understand why you're a teensy bit nervous too.

Yasmin- I didn't realise you could get those on prescription. I've already bought Bio Oil AND Lansinoh. I know what to do when they run out now though ;)

How's everyone else doing? So excited to hear all about Jessica's birth from CeeCee. She is absolutely gorgeous :)

Well, all of the nursery furniture is now here and up (thank god we got the Mamas and Papas people to put it all together when it was delivered!). Really pleased with it all. Have started to 'dress' the room now but still a fair bit to organise. Put the first 2 loads of baby's clothes and blankets in the wash last night, so I can't wait to get them all put away ready :)

Yep they dont tell you about it though! Make sure you ask your GP cos it definitely is available for free. I will get repeat prescriptions and keeping using it for the year till my maternity exemption card expires.

Hey ladies!

I'm afraid I haven't caught up (there's a surprise!) but a huge HI and :hugs: for everyone!!!

Cannot wait to hear all about Jessica's birth, she's is so gorgeous! There's a little red mark on her face that looks like forceps (my niece had the same) but that takes nothing away just how gorgeous she is. You must be so over the moon Ceecee :cloud9:

Amanda, I cannot believe how swollen your feet are! I had swollen feet after I had Jayden but it wasn't half as bad as yours, you poor thing :hugs:

I've done all the jungle stickers in the kids room and they look fantastic :happydance: We're going to get their names in stickers for above their beds, will order them after baby is here so she's definitely a Leah! :haha:

Rach, hubby originally wanted to call our baby Layla but I said no :blush: NOT because I don't like the name, it's really a lovely name, but there's a girl in my team at work called Leila and she thinks the world revolves around her and would think we named her after her :dohh: However, I think Leah is pretty close :haha: How exciting, you're gonna have your baby this time next week! :happydance: I soooo can't wait til it's my turn! xxx

Congrats to CeeCee!

No birthday bubs for me and all the signs have calmed down :( never mind. 39 weeks today!

Hi lovelies!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I had a fab day and felt thoroughly spoilt and loved :) - unlike Mrs Pop I didn't want baby to come on my birthday (I want her to have her own day) but I thought she was making an appearance on Tuesday night! About midnight (so as soon as my birthday started!) I started getting really strong braxton Hicks that were accompanied by period pains and back ache. They lasted about a minute or so each and came about every 6 minutes - and I had them until 3am! I even started counting them on a contraction counter convinced I had started... But it came to nothing! :shrug: is that what they call false labour???

So back to the waiting game now! :coffee:

Hope you are all doing well! Brilliant news about CeeCee's little babe...and she had her on my and mrs pops birthday - whoop!!!

Also Rachy- love the name you've picked :thumbup: it's beautiful, hopefully baby layla be with us soon!!

Xxx

Thanks ladies about the name :D justa speedy update before food. Had a contraction for the first time about an hour ago but nothing since. :( sadface. However I'm getting pains in my thighs and back quite bad. Hoping the sweep started something earlier.. blah. xx

Oooh I hope so Rach!

Heather - hoping my LO would come on my birthday didnt mean I didn't want LO to have her own special day!!!!! ...My birthday is not a big deal to me and I had a rubbish day yesterday anyway. I just thought it would be nice if me and my LO had an extra special bond by sharing a birthday. It would have always been about her anyway if she had come on my birthday, not that it matters now anyway!

Morning girls

wont bore you with my ranting again, had a bit of a rubbish day yesterday and today have woken up so sore, feeling sick and my eye has swollen randomly!! I look like a monster hobbling round with my manky eye.
And my telly is not working, it keeps saying no signal, grr!!!
Counting down til 12pm already for when Phoebe goes to school and i can go back to sleep.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Im having a baby this month (hopefully lol)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->